air flow direction of the dust and pollen filter - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 12-01-2013, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

air flow direction of the dust and pollen filter

Hi,

Should the dust and pollen filter's air flow direction up or down on a 2013 accord i4?

Just took my out for cleaning, only 6600 miles, found a lot of small leaves..

Thanks,

E

Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 12-01-2013, 10:02 AM
Car so nice, bought twice

The tray that holds the filter has the air flow direction labeled with an arrow. The filter should also have an arrow on it.

On the 8G, both arrows point down.

2012 Accord EX-L AT V6 Sdn Crystal Black Pearl / Ivory (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
- CAI, J37 Intake + TB, TB Coolant Bypass, Ported Intake Runners, RV6 HFPC + JPipe (Ceramic Coated), PCV filter
- Koni FSDs, Voodoo13 6 Control Arms, Rear Ultra Racing Chassis Bracing, 22mm Rear + Acura TL Front, Akebono Performance Pads, Centric High Carbon Cryo rotors, SS lines.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 13 Old 12-01-2013, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowned12 View Post
The tray that holds the filter has the air flow direction labeled with an arrow. The filter should also have an arrow on it.

On the 8G, both arrows point down.
There is no tray on my 13 I4., there is only a cover, but there is no marking to indicate the direction. The filter has the arrow, but my brother forgot up or down.

post #4 of 13 Old 12-01-2013, 10:19 AM
Elvira - the car

Were the leaves on the top of the filter or the bottom of the filter?

Logically the airflow would be from top down or else the leaves would be on the bottom and fall into the heater core.

Basically hold the filter dirty side up and replace the new filter with the arrow going in same direction of the old filter.

Miker

Mike

2013 EX-L V6/6A (no nav) sedan CBP
"vita est brevis, vado pro V6" - Me
"Speak only when you feel that your words are better than your silence." - Anonymous
"Either write something worth reading, or do something worth writing."- Benjamin Franklin
"Never walk past a mistake " - Colin Powell, retired four-star General
post #5 of 13 Old 12-01-2013, 10:27 AM
Car so nice, bought twice

Alternatively, just stick your hand or a bit of paper (don't let go of it) in the slot where the filter went and see which way the air is moving.

2012 Accord EX-L AT V6 Sdn Crystal Black Pearl / Ivory (
)
- CAI, J37 Intake + TB, TB Coolant Bypass, Ported Intake Runners, RV6 HFPC + JPipe (Ceramic Coated), PCV filter
- Koni FSDs, Voodoo13 6 Control Arms, Rear Ultra Racing Chassis Bracing, 22mm Rear + Acura TL Front, Akebono Performance Pads, Centric High Carbon Cryo rotors, SS lines.

post #6 of 13 Old 12-01-2013, 10:30 AM
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotearc View Post
Hi,
Should the dust and pollen filter's air flow direction up or down on a 2013 accord i4?
Just took my out for cleaning, only 6600 miles, found a lot of small leaves..
Thanks,
E
The arrow goes down toward the ground.
The Following User Says Thank You to MN_Runner For This Useful Post:
rotearc (12-01-2013)
post #7 of 13 Old 12-01-2013, 10:54 AM
Elvira - the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotearc View Post
There is no tray on my 13 I4., there is only a cover, but there is no marking to indicate the direction. The filter has the arrow, but my brother forgot up or down.
I'm sure you are right that there is no tray, but that doesn't sound correct. Haven't changed mine yet, but I remember seeing a tray that held the filter in place in various youtube videos and writeups. They were for the '12s but.....

Did they cheap out on the filter tray in the '13?

It would seem that the filter replacements I see being sold would loosely fit into the housing if there were no tray.

I guess I'll find out when I change mine soon enough.

Miker

Mike

2013 EX-L V6/6A (no nav) sedan CBP
"vita est brevis, vado pro V6" - Me
"Speak only when you feel that your words are better than your silence." - Anonymous
"Either write something worth reading, or do something worth writing."- Benjamin Franklin
"Never walk past a mistake " - Colin Powell, retired four-star General
post #8 of 13 Old 12-01-2013, 11:23 AM
Out of Control

Checkout my cabin air filter thread.

Sent from

2013 Accord Coupe EX

25.4MM TLX RSB
5K 35W TRS HID
Roof Spoiler
5% Tint, 50% Windshield
Takeda SRI
H&R Springs
Single to Dual Magnaflows, Axle-Back:
(
)
V6 Headlight (LED DRL Strip):
(
)

Gentex Auto-Dimming w/ Homelink (DIY):
(
)
Cabin Air Filter (DIY):
(
)
Viper Remote Start for Push-To-Start (DIY)
(
)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oOKhanhOo For This Useful Post:
Miker (12-01-2013), RickBlaine (12-01-2013), rotearc (12-01-2013)
post #9 of 13 Old 12-01-2013, 01:24 PM
1st Gear

How often should you change the air filter and which brand do you guys recommend?
post #10 of 13 Old 12-01-2013, 01:28 PM
Even My Mower Is a Honda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAOD159 View Post
How often should you change the air filter and which brand do you guys recommend?
The maintenance minder will tell you when. Wal-Mart sells a Fram that looks just like our OE unit for $14.

Jay

2013 Accord EX Sedan - 2.4L/Stick - Alabaster Silver
2013 Odyssey EX-L - 3.5L/5-Speed Auto - Taffeta White over Truffle
2008 Royal Star Venture - 1300cc - Very Dark Red/Black Metallic
post #11 of 13 Old 12-01-2013, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfreek View Post
The maintenance minder will tell you when. Wal-Mart sells a Fram that looks just like our OE unit for $14.

Jay
The factory one is just a plain paper filter, the fram fresh breeze one claims to have carbon and baking soda to help the smell??!?

BTW, there is no marker on the cover, there is a marking to show airflow is down to the ground. Thanks for everyone helps. I just took it out, and knocked out the loose leaves and others stuffs... can't believe it is that dirty already, I only have the car less than 6 months for 6600+ miles.
post #12 of 13 Old 12-02-2013, 10:05 PM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAOD159 View Post
I change mine 20,000. Change the engine air filter at the same time. Good to start checking them between 10 and 15k in case they get really dirty sooner. Depends on the driving conditions. Dryer, dusty areas will probably need replaced between 10-15k.

And I don't believe there is a tray for the cabin filter any longer. Just slides in like a home furnace filter.

Current:
2016 EX-L V6 w/ Navi/Sensing Sedan Black/Ivory
2013 EX-L V6 w/ Navi Sedan Black/Ivory *TRADED*
2016 Acura RDX w/ tech pkg White/Parchment
2003 EX-L V6 Sedan Black/Tan
2008 CRV EX AWD Black/Black

Previous:
1999 EX-L 4 Cyl. Sedan
1997 EX-L V6
post #13 of 13 Old 12-03-2013, 04:45 AM
MJL
6th Gear

Send a message via AIM to MJL
i was surprised by this. i just changed oil yesterday and thought to check my cabin filter, which was not bad at 23k, and it didnt have a tray for the filter like previous models. air flow direction is stamped on the lower slot where the filter slides in but there was not a direction arrow on the filter itself. i decided to put it in upside down to see if id travel back in time when i hit 88 mph.

2013 Accord Ex 4cyl 6spd MT Coupe - 20mm RSB - Short shift adapter.

Old- 2005 Accord EX-L 4cyl 5-Spd - MP3 player adapter - 17mm TL Rear Sway Bar - V6 6spd Tower Strut Bar - Infinity Kappa 6x9s - Polk DB6500 front components door and tweets - Infinity BassLink II w/4sc - Neuspeed Short Shifter - Blue Gauges and Ambient Light
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.