Oil extreme additive for the Honda CVT - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 10-29-2013, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Oil extreme additive for the Honda CVT

So i was reading on another forum about oil wear and protection on flattap cam lobe failure.when i came across a product that might help people here with there new Accords with CVT transmissions.
Now by nature i am a Hotrod/muscle guy and have belonged to this chevelle forum for years now.i have been working on and restoring hotrods since i was a teen.so i know a little some thing about cars.here is picture of my 69 SS convertible that i restored.

like most forums here, there are so many people with a wealth knowledge.that can help us with our true love and that is our cars.
So there is a guy on Teamchevelle that has been posting for years about oil protection/engine wear.because modern oils does not provide adequate wear protection for Flat tap racing cams. this guy is a Professional Degreed Engineer, as well as a U.S. Patent holder.when i comes to oils he know what he is talking about.
when i was reading his post he talked about,"Oil Extreme Concentrate additive" that helps in wear protection.i then looked up this product,in BOLD red letters this product claims to help with Hondas CVT transmission Shudder.now i just read this myself and have not tried the product at all.but i will in the future will be using this additive in my muscle cars and my honda.Why?because of this.PLEASE READ and you can be the judge.

now i know we are talking cams here but i know 540RAT knows his *** when it comes to wear protection.this company says it will help hondas shudder so we will see.here is the link to there site.

2013 Accord Sport
Crystal Black Pearl CVT
Aero Kit
window tint 35% front/20% rear

Billy M

Last edited by SatinSilver; 10-29-2013 at 11:53 AM. Reason: language, company link deleted per advertising rules.
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-29-2013, 11:09 AM
Car so nice, bought twice

I'll stand by the argument that if this additive offered any improvement over regular oil, those oil manufacturers would add it themselves.

2012 Accord EX-L AT V6 Sdn Crystal Black Pearl / Ivory (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
- CAI, J37 Intake + TB, TB Coolant Bypass, Ported Intake Runners, RV6 HFPC + JPipe (Ceramic Coated), PCV filter
- Koni FSDs, Voodoo13 6 Control Arms, Rear Ultra Racing Chassis Bracing, 22mm Rear + Acura TL Front, Akebono Performance Pads, Centric High Carbon Cryo rotors, SS lines.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 Old 10-29-2013, 11:48 AM

Lubeguard has an anti-shudder fix along with a few other additives that are highly regarded. I'd probably look in that direction. Most others are considered snake oil. Especially, the ones that just thicken things up like cheap goop.

Welcome aboard!

post #4 of 6 Old 10-29-2013, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

the reason i posted this was just to get the info out there.if you don't believe the claims by the 540RAT from Teamchevelle,Oil extreme or by any other product.that is your right or any one else for that matter.But 540RAT has been doing the research for years to help us people with flat tap cam prevent lobe failure.he using his own time and money to prove that some modern racing oils don't hold up to there claims.when NASCAR teams and other researchers come to him to find out why the cams in there motors keep failing.there must be some thing in his research that he is doing right.if you click on the teamchevelle link and then click on his site name.you can bring up old posts and you can read more about his research.
Now there are a lot of products on the market that boost claims that may or may not be true.only be using them,testing them or by research can we prove that they hold up to there claims.i have NOT USED this product at all just putting it out there for everyone here.so i don't know if this well help or not.i am not here to debate this just inform you.

2013 Accord Sport
Crystal Black Pearl CVT
Aero Kit

Billy M
post #5 of 6 Old 10-29-2013, 01:22 PM
Out of Control

Adding anything to your CVT transmission fluid will void yout 6 year or 60,000 mile warrantee. I guarantee that.

2013 Accord Coupe EX-L San Marino Red
2015 CR-V EX Urban Titanium Metallic
2007 Fit Sport Silver 65,000 miles and going strong.
Previous Honda: 2000 Accord Coupe, 1994 Accord Wagon Red, 1988 Prelude White 5 speed manual, 1981 Accord 4 Door Ivory 5 speed manual
Previous Cars before Honda: 73 Mazda RX2 manual, 63 VW Bug manual, 63 Alfa Romeo 2600 Spyder manual, 70 Toyota Crown manual, 59 Vauxhall Victor manual (worst car ever produced, a pre Yugo, Yugo)
post #6 of 6 Old 10-29-2013, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Adding anything to your CVT transmission fluid will void yout 6 year or 60,000 mile warrantee. I guarantee that.
i agree with you 100% but there is a lot of things that people do on this site would void there warrantee to there car…….

2013 Accord Sport
Crystal Black Pearl CVT
Aero Kit

Billy M
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.