License Plate Relocator - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 10-21-2013, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

License Plate Relocator

Hey can anyone help me out? I have a 2013 Honda Accord V6 Coupe and I want to relocate my license plate in the front to have an offset look is there any kits out there that i can use where i dont have to drill more holes in the bumper thanks.

1st Car
2007 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L (Silver) K24
NO MODS

2nd Car
2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Coupe (White) J35
8000k 35W HIDS (Low Beams)
3000k 55W Fogs (Fog Lights)

3rd & Current Car
9th Gen 2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Coupe (Pearl White) J35
6000k 35W HID (Low Beams and Fogs)
Fog light rewire
HFP Rear Deck Spoiler
LED Rear Reflectors
Honda Accord Horn Upgrade
LED Interior Lights 6000k
Takeda Short Ram Intake with Dry and Oil Filter
D2 Racing Coilovers
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-21-2013, 12:41 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBBJr101 View Post
Hey can anyone help me out? I have a 2013 Honda Accord V6 Coupe and I want to relocate my license plate in the front to have an offset look is there any kits out there that i can use where i dont have to drill more holes in the bumper thanks.
Not sure if you've seen this video, but the owner has some sort of fold-out license plate holder at 0:35 seconds in. Closest thing I've seen to an offset front license plate. I'm sure there are less elaborate ways to do it though.

post #3 of 10 Old 10-21-2013, 01:35 PM
2013 Honda Accord Touring

I was looking to do the same thing on my 2013 Touring Sedan. Unfortunately without having a front tow hitch we don't have the option of the GrimmSpeed style, seen here:

What I did was a license relocation down as apposed to one side.

I had front plate relocated to in front of the bottom grille. Used 2 of the 2013 Honda Accord color matched bumper plugs and I am very happy.

Universal License Plate Relocator -

2013 Accord Bumper Plugs -

You are supposed to drill 2 holes into the bumper and then use the provided hardware to bolt the bracket to the bumper. I called my local body shop and asked if they had some of the plastic clips they use to clip in body panels.

Rather than having to take the front bumper off and access the other side to tighten the bolt, we used 2 of the plastic clips which you clamp onto with a specific tool and pull them tight. Once pulled tight they open up so they won't pop out. Basically, we were able to install them with access to only one side of the bumper.

**the bracket comes shrink wrapped in a white plastic, it pulls off to a clean aluminum look when ready for install**

IF YOU DO FIND A WAY TO MOUNT IT ON ONE SIDE PLEASE UPDATE ON THIS THREAD!

post #4 of 10 Old 10-21-2013, 01:45 PM
banned

why does mounting it on one side ever look good?
post #5 of 10 Old 10-21-2013, 02:00 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubstepslap415 View Post
I was looking to do the same thing on my 2013 Touring Sedan. Unfortunately without having a front tow hitch we don't have the option of the GrimmSpeed style, seen here:

What I did was a license relocation down as apposed to one side.

I had front plate relocated to in front of the bottom grille. Used 2 of the 2013 Honda Accord color matched bumper plugs and I am very happy.

Universal License Plate Relocator -

2013 Accord Bumper Plugs -

You are supposed to drill 2 holes into the bumper and then use the provided hardware to bolt the bracket to the bumper. I called my local body shop and asked if they had some of the plastic clips they use to clip in body panels.

Rather than having to take the front bumper off and access the other side to tighten the bolt, we used 2 of the plastic clips which you clamp onto with a specific tool and pull them tight. Once pulled tight they open up so they won't pop out. Basically, we were able to install them with access to only one side of the bumper.

**the bracket comes shrink wrapped in a white plastic, it pulls off to a clean aluminum look when ready for install**

IF YOU DO FIND A WAY TO MOUNT IT ON ONE SIDE PLEASE UPDATE ON THIS THREAD!
You can accomplish this style with a very cheap part from autozone. Although my autozone didn't have one the other day when I went in so i ordered this one off amazon.

I will be plasti dipping mine black with a bunch of coats because on my past cars it gets rusted fast.

You take that mount and remove the 2 hinge parts from each side and reassemble so it creates a 90 degree angle just like dubstep's. You need to drill 2 new holes in your bumper but dont worry they are through the bottom of the bumper grill and invisible without looking up at the car when laying down.

Here it is on my fit.

You can put it in the middle or offset. I am sticking with the center for the Accord.

2013 EX-L v6 Black on Black
post #6 of 10 Old 10-21-2013, 02:19 PM
JaeDM

I always thought mounting it on the side was only worth it If someone running a front mount intercooler.

2013 Honda Accord Sport 6MT
KTuner (results coming in soon!)
Borla Exhaust 11840
Takeda Intake
OEM Rear Deflector
OEM Si wheels with Hankook I-pikes (winter set up)
Tein Springs (Not Installed)
Sport Grill
Suntek 35% Tint
Boston Acoustic SPG555 Sub woofer
Boston Acoustic GT28 Amp
Husky All-Weather Floor mats
TL Shift Knob
post #7 of 10 Old 10-21-2013, 02:24 PM
Corvalis TTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
why does mounting it on one side ever look good?
It's one of the boy-racer things to do unless there's a functional reason for it (and on stock Accords there is not). Just like the fart cans that were popular a decade ago IMO.

Mark - Retired automotive lighting engineer
14 Accord Touring V6 Sedan

2014 Audi S4 | 2016 Porsche GT3-RS | 08 Accord Sedan EX-L V6 | 2012 Cessna 400 Corvalis TTX

Gone but not forgotten :97 Jaguar XJ6 | 95 Ford Taurus SHO | 77 MGB
post #8 of 10 Old 10-21-2013, 04:35 PM
Stayin Classy...

Send a message via AIM to StreetLethal100
No need to buy a kit. I just bent the top inch of my plate and drilled bolts up into the bumper where you cant see the holes. Then I put bolts through the grill (lower) and big washers and lock nuts on the back. Holds tight and looks sharp.

'13 EX-L V6 6AT
Previously '07 EX-L V6 6MT
Previously '97 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT 5MT
Previously '93 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0
'02 Yamaha Road Star Warrior 1700cc
Previously '07 Kawasaki ZX6R
Previously '04 Suzuki SV650S
'07 Husqvarna TE510
Previously '09 Husqvarna TE450
Previously '97 Honda CR125

Official Spotted Thread: New England

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 10 Old 10-21-2013, 06:02 PM
5th Gear

Posts like these makes me appreciate living in a state where no front plate is required.
The Following User Says Thank You to newtohonda For This Useful Post:
okiescot (12-21-2013)
post #10 of 10 Old 10-21-2013, 06:33 PM
Four Doors/Three Pedals

My dealer located my car in Colorado, where they do require a front license plate, and had it delivered here.

I don't mind it at all and I now have four different plates that I put on the holder, one with the Eagle, Globe and Anchor, one with the 5th Marine Division emblem, the Division I served with in combat, one with Tulane University on it with the TU shield, and one with the University of New Orleans logo on it.

I rotate these as the notion strikes me and I like the center position of the plates.

2013 Honda Accord EX 2.4L 6MT MSM
OEM Splash Guards
OEM Door Visors
OEM Moonroof Visor
FormFit Hood Air Deflector
Horn Upgrade
Pilot Genuine Black Leather Steering Wheel Cover
K&N 33-2498
Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus
--
├┼┼╕
246R
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.