What did you do with your 9th gen today? - Page 605 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
5898Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 39 votes, 4.74 average. Display Modes
post #9061 of 9097 Old 01-07-2018, 02:25 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by griff19 View Post
Don't use the double sided tape on the drivers side, actually the only spot i used the tape was the passenger side front. I used only the zip ties they provided with the kit, had to get a little creative.

Had to use a combination of zip ties for the drivers side.

Left side of the strip

Right side of the strip

Front passenger side using just the double sided tape

Its definitely not professional, but it works and you can't see the led strip at all from the outside
Thank you so much! I rewired my passenger side LEDs again, this time like how you did it. But for the driver side, I seem to not have the plastic trim piece you zip-tied to. So I used 2 zip ties connected to two other wiring harnesses and another zip tie connected to a zip tie daisy chain connected to the metal steering column(?). It's not the cleanest install but it's secure and I'll see the footwell anyway.

I also figured out how to wire the auxilliary power for the footwell LEDs to come on with the dome light. The footwell LEDs turn on to the last set color and brightness when the parking lights are turned on. Auxilliary power is wired to come on white at full brightness when doors are opened and the dome light is set to door position (See Jephu's aka DIY Car Modz tutorial on youtube).

Auxilliary power does not work without the main power, so all of this only works with the parking lights on. I originally wanted to find the dome light wire in the footwell so the auxilliary power can turn the lights on at anytime the dome light is on, but I'm not sure which wire was the dome light wire and if it would even work. If anyone has any info on this I'd really appreciate it!

Here's where I mounted the driver and passenger strips and how the auxilliary power works.

demo of auxilliary power GIF

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

2015 HM Accord Sport CVT
Advertisement

post #9062 of 9097 Old 01-07-2018, 08:18 PM
banned

OEM 16' Sport Pedal Conversion

Purchased the OEM Aluminum brake pedal cover but still need the footrest and gas aluminum pedal covers. I looked at installing the brake pedal cover and came to a problem with attaching it. Can someone with the Accord Sport provide me with a pic of the bolts that mounts the pedal covers the pedals?

post #9063 of 9097 Old 01-08-2018, 11:00 AM
1st Gear

[QUOTE=SOLIDSNAKE;6263194]Thank you so much! I rewired my passenger side LEDs again, this time like how you did it. But for the driver side, I seem to not have the plastic trim piece you zip-tied to. So I used 2 zip ties connected to two other wiring harnesses and another zip tie connected to a zip tie daisy chain connected to the metal steering column(?). It's not the cleanest install but it's secure and I'll see the footwell anyway.

I also figured out how to wire the auxilliary power for the footwell LEDs to come on with the dome light. The footwell LEDs turn on to the last set color and brightness when the parking lights are turned on. Auxilliary power is wired to come on white at full brightness when doors are opened and the dome light is set to door position (See Jephu's aka DIY Car Modz tutorial on youtube).

Auxilliary power does not work without the main power, so all of this only works with the parking lights on. I originally wanted to find the dome light wire in the footwell so the auxilliary power can turn the lights on at anytime the dome light is on, but I'm not sure which wire was the dome light wire and if it would even work. If anyone has any info on this I'd really appreciate it!

Here's where I mounted the driver and passenger strips and how the auxilliary power works.

Your welcome, always glad to help. I just noticed your have a sedan and I'm in a coupe, thats probably why the footwell was a little different. Right now I'm tapped into the cigarette lighter so i have to manually turn the leds on and off, thanks for posting that video explains the proper wiring.

post #9064 of 9097 Old 01-08-2018, 01:32 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeggernaut View Post
Yeah I would not exceed 100lbs on a rack like that or the hitch receiver. You are better off renting a uhaul trailer for $15/day or buying a cheap harbor freight small trailer for $200 that can easily be towed behind the Accord instead.
I ordered the same Curt hitch and will install it in the next couple weeks. Any pointers would be appreciated. I'll post a follow-up with the results.

I don't plan to tow anything, just put a bike rack on there and keep it under 100 lbs total with bikes. Seems like a no-brainer, $100 for the hitch and I already own a tailgate bike rack. Installing roof rails and a bike carrier might be more versatile but is kind of pricey, and then you have a bike on your roof where it's more difficult to reach. Not to mention wind resistance, and no access to garages.

I don't even plan to install a wiring harness, there's no need unless you're towing something. However, it should be OK to haul a 1 or 2 motorcycle rail trailer. I would not put a real utility trailer on it.
post #9065 of 9097 Old 01-12-2018, 03:05 PM
6th Gear

Garage
Watched her get covered up in her first ice/snow. Didn't venture out since I'm not sure how the 19" Conti's will handle the slick stuff. Not very well from what I've read. Will probably do a quick test in the morning on my street where it's safe LOL.
Attached Images

2017 Accord Touring Sedan | WOP/Ivory
Previous:
2013 EX-L i4/CVT Coupe | WOP | Black/Ivory
post #9066 of 9097 Old 01-12-2018, 03:14 PM
Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN9thSi View Post
Watched her get covered up in her first ice/snow. Didn't venture out since I'm not sure how the 19" Conti's will handle the slick stuff. Not very well from what I've read. Will probably do a quick test in the morning on my street where it's safe LOL.
They're fine.

I800C0LLECT and 15Accord like this.

2017 Sport SE 6MT in San Marino Red
2012 Pilot EX-L w/ NAV (family truckster)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following User Says Thank You to GolftangoV2 For This Useful Post:
TN9thSi (01-12-2018)
post #9067 of 9097 Old 01-13-2018, 08:02 AM
2nd Gear

All waxed and washed
15Accord likes this.
post #9068 of 9097 Old 01-13-2018, 08:45 AM
6th Gear

Send a message via AIM to vasekvi Send a message via Yahoo to vasekvi
Took it in earlier this week to get minor body repair. The black one lol.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
15Accord likes this.

My 2003 SSM Sedan Build Thread

post #9069 of 9097 Old 01-14-2018, 03:07 PM
2nd Gear

Replaced the spark plugs with NGKs.
Attached Images
KW2004Accord likes this.

2017 WOP Accord Sport 6MT
Suntek 18% all around/35% on windshield
Avery Dennison Gloss Black Roof Wrap
Manzo Polycarbonate Window Visors
Morimoto XB 5500k HIDs
Full JDM ASTAR LED conversion (interior/exterior)
JDM ASTAR Switchbacks
JDM ASTAR LED Amber Rear Turn Signals
DIYCarModz PNP Resistors
Injen CAI
RV6 PCD
Megan Racing Test Pipe
Tsudo Catback Exhaust
Ktuner
OPT7 Aura LED Interior Lighting Kit
VViViD XPO Interior
Mishimoto Shift Knob
V1 Radar
Rexing V1 Dashcam
The Following User Says Thank You to 17wop6mtcr2 For This Useful Post:
Sport2013 (01-14-2018)
post #9070 of 9097 Old 01-14-2018, 07:49 PM
Stock Pssh...Yeah right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17wop6mtcr2 View Post
Replaced the spark plugs with NGKs.

I did the same thing to wifes 2013 today also ,000 miles. Had the Corona Stain around the plug but OMG so easy to change them out....wasn't it?
KW2004Accord likes this.

Traded my Sport for a V6 Coupe
post #9071 of 9097 Old 01-16-2018, 01:11 PM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport2013 View Post
I did the same thing to wifes 2013 today also ,000 miles. Had the Corona Stain around the plug but OMG so easy to change them out....wasn't it?
Haha it was a breeze. I love working on Hondas.
post #9072 of 9097 Old 01-16-2018, 05:56 PM
V6 9th Gen

4 cylinders spark plugs are always easy to change not specif to accord
post #9073 of 9097 Old 01-16-2018, 06:52 PM
2nd Gear

They sure are. Just wanted to say (inclusive of all maintenance/modifications) Hondas tend to be much less of a headache to work on compared to other makes Ive dealt with in the past.
post #9074 of 9097 Old 01-17-2018, 09:02 AM
4th Gear

Garage
Not today, but couple weeks ago i installed these valet lights and wasnt bad for $15. i had wanted HD2 and they sent me HD3, and it fit but forcely, and worked. Called them and they said, keep it we sending you HD2. They sent HD3 againand they said send it we will send HD2. They sent HD3 again and just said sorry, its a 3rd party seller, we will just issue a refund so i just used the first ones they gave me which work for free. Really wanted to see if the HD2 was any better, but the HD3 works i guess.
Heres a link, although for Odyssey, works for accord

2016 WOP Accord Touring

19" Work Lanvec LM1 Glim Black
Hancook V12 225/35/19-245/35/19
OEM Underbody Spoilers
OEM Sports Grill
OEM Door Visors
OEM Door Sills
SFactor Diffuser
Garage Unique CF Splitter
Tein Street Advance
Progress 22mm Rear Sway Bar
SPC 3 Arm Camber Kit
HIC Rear Roof Visor
JDM Emblems
CH Horn Upgrade
Aries 3D Mats & Trunk Liner
Viofo a119s Dash Cam
Diodedynamics Full LEDs
Wrap Bully's 3M Gloss Vinyl Roof Wrap
2017 Hybrid Brake LED Tails
3M 30% Tint
post #9075 of 9097 Old 01-17-2018, 09:14 AM
1st Gear

^ u had wiring inside it? right

Advertisement

Tags
decals, i-vtec

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.