What did you do with your 9th gen today? - Page 5 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
5891Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 39 votes, 4.74 average. Display Modes
post #61 of 9087 Old 10-23-2013, 07:25 PM
4th Gear

Today I installed a leather steering wheel cover to protect the stock one. On my '99 coupe and my '06 F150 my greasy, grimy hands ruin the wheel after a few years. It looks pretty good actually, I was worried that it would be unsightly and feel very fat. I would obviously prefer to leave it stock, but I really want to protect the leather on this cars steering wheel. I also relocated my front license plate today. Then I went for a spirited drive through the Santa Monica mountains and had a little photo shoot. I should have washed it first, but it turned out ok.

Here's a shot of the wheel...

And a few from the drive...

TannerG and meowcat like this.
Advertisement

post #62 of 9087 Old 10-23-2013, 07:44 PM
9th Gen Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
Today I installed a leather steering wheel cover to protect the stock one. On my '99 coupe and my '06 F150 my greasy, grimy hands ruin the wheel after a few years. It looks pretty good actually, I was worried that it would be unsightly and feel very fat. I would obviously prefer to leave it stock, but I really want to protect the leather on this cars steering wheel. I also relocated my front license plate today. Then I went for a spirited drive through the Santa Monica mountains and had a little photo shoot. I should have washed it first, but it turned out ok.

Here's a shot of the wheel...

And a few from the drive...

Just a word of advice, next time you may want to post just once instead of 6 times. Also, those photos belong more in the pics thread

2013 V6 Coupe
MSM/Black

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, and

5000k HID Low Beam, Yellow vinyl wrapped fog light

Roof Spoiler
Debadged
Exhaust Resonator Delete
H&R Sport Springs

Will be updated periodically.
post #63 of 9087 Old 10-23-2013, 09:45 PM
Don't hate on my color!!

Quote:
I love this picture!

-Paul

PRESENT: 2014 Champagne Frost EX-L V-6 sedan

OEM remote start/ OEM Acura TSX cargo organizer/
OEM trunk mat/ OEM all-weather floor mats/ horn upgrade/ 3M clear-bra protector/ 35% Carbon XP tint

PAST: 2013 Obsidian Blue EX-L sedan
The Following User Says Thank You to ObsidianEX-L For This Useful Post:
kyxxer (10-24-2013)

post #64 of 9087 Old 10-24-2013, 01:44 PM
CVT

the weather was amazing, so i snapped a few pics
Attached Images
post #65 of 9087 Old 10-24-2013, 04:29 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by darhan View Post
Yes, 35% all around with formula one pinnacle
Looks great! The white orchid looks great when the sun hits it at an angle that reflects the paint. Black looks superb when cleaned also

Still Test Driving!!
The Following User Says Thank You to will2drive For This Useful Post:
darhan (10-26-2013)
post #66 of 9087 Old 10-24-2013, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Washed her for the 2nd time and gave a thorough waxing...The old fashioned way by hand. I have a buffer, I just feel like I do a better job
Attached Images

Current:
2014 Accord Touring
White Orchid Pearl
OEM Splash Guards, Sill Plates, Wheel Locks

Past:
2014 Accord EX-L V6
Crystal Black Pearl
OEM Splash Guards, Air Deflector, Sill Plates, Wheel Locks

2013 Altima 2.5 SL
Bought back under lemon law
post #67 of 9087 Old 10-24-2013, 06:04 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nossan View Post
Well, if you don't calibrate it at 100K miles your odometer will only read 90K Another reason I don't buy used!
im giving the car to my mom when im done university so she will be getting a bargain lol

IG

\/ - old set up

Bagged on D2 air struts & accuair e-level
2013 Accord EX Coupe - 6MT Crystal Pearl Black
Fast Kosoku 8.5" x 19" wheels - Intense Teal
3" spacers all around
215/35/19 Falken 453's
Black rear markers
15% tint all around
LED- interior & trunk and license plate lighting
LED Fog lights and Reverse Lights
Custom front splitter
Custom side splitters
Custom rear diffuser
post #68 of 9087 Old 10-24-2013, 06:47 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Today I installed a leather steering wheel cover to protect the stock one. I would obviously prefer to leave it stock, but I really want to protect the leather on this cars steering wheel.
I think it looks good. Curious as why you just didn't enjoy the stock leather wrap for a year or two and if it got gimped up put a cover on it at that time?
post #69 of 9087 Old 10-24-2013, 07:05 PM
4th Gear

Thanks, I agree it looks fine. I thought about leaving it for awhile, but I know how lazy I am, and I would never get around to it The more I drive with it the more I'm liking it. You really have to look at closely to see that it's a aftermarket cover.

1999 Accord Coupe EX L 2.4 5 speed
2013 Accord Coupe EX L Navi V6 AT
post #70 of 9087 Old 10-25-2013, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Went WOT a couple times today. Couldn't resist. Jury is still out on a proper break in period and if it's really necessary. I have a 13 Wrangler and it RECOMMENDS WOT occasionally WITHIN the first 600 miles right in the manual to assist in seating the head gasket. Odd...

Current:
2014 Accord Touring
White Orchid Pearl
OEM Splash Guards, Sill Plates, Wheel Locks

Past:
2014 Accord EX-L V6
Crystal Black Pearl
OEM Splash Guards, Air Deflector, Sill Plates, Wheel Locks

2013 Altima 2.5 SL
Bought back under lemon law
post #71 of 9087 Old 10-26-2013, 08:01 AM
1st Gear

Sitting at the dealership having the body side moldings and wheel locks installed.
post #72 of 9087 Old 10-26-2013, 08:23 AM
on2
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by plagwate View Post
Sitting at the dealership having the body side moldings and wheel locks installed.
body moldings, make MY car look better.
post #73 of 9087 Old 10-26-2013, 01:35 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by on2 View Post
body moldings, make MY car look better.
Any image available? I've read both the pro's and con's of having them installed. I'm somewhere in between currently, and if they would offer up any degree of protection, thats better than nothing. Dings and a dent or two I believe is inevitable, but it would make the decision easier. I've seen them on a MSM Accord with a rear lip spoiler and it didn't look too bad. They do seem to fall in between the contours of the upper body and the bottom straight edge of the car, opinions of this will vary..

Edit...here it is I found the image..
9th Gen Accord Picture Thread

Still Test Driving!!
post #74 of 9087 Old 10-26-2013, 02:16 PM
Even My Mower Is a Honda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by will2drive View Post
Any image available? I've read both the pro's and con's of having them installed. I'm somewhere in between currently, and if they would offer up any degree of protection, thats better than nothing. Dings and a dent or two I believe is inevitable, but it would make the decision easier. I've seen them on a MSM Accord with a rear lip spoiler and it didn't look too bad. They do seem to fall in between the contours of the upper body and the bottom straight edge of the car, opinions of this will vary..

Edit...here it is I found the image..
9th Gen Accord Picture Thread
I would not own a car without them. I had them installed on both the Accord and Odyssey. I like them for the protection, but I also like them for the look.

I'm old enough to remember when they were an factory option and the base model/stripped down cars did not come with them. So in my mind the equate to a more expensive car.

Jay

2013 Accord EX Sedan - 2.4L/Stick - Alabaster Silver
2013 Odyssey EX-L - 3.5L/5-Speed Auto - Taffeta White over Truffle
2008 Royal Star Venture - 1300cc - Very Dark Red/Black Metallic
The Following User Says Thank You to karfreek For This Useful Post:
PearlyV6 (03-11-2015)
post #75 of 9087 Old 10-26-2013, 02:32 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfreek View Post
I would not own a car without them. I had them installed on both the Accord and Odyssey. I like them for the protection, but I also like them for the look.

I'm old enough to remember when they were an factory option and the base model/stripped down cars did not come with them. So in my mind the equate to a more expensive car.

Jay
Jay, did you just purchase the OEM's and do the install yourself, or had the dealer do them? I see them listed on the Majestic Honda Parts website already color coded, so that's a plus. Do you have an image? Thanks, Will

Still Test Driving!!
Advertisement

Tags
decals, i-vtec

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.