What did you do with your 9th gen today? - Page 3 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
5891Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 39 votes, 4.74 average. Display Modes
post #31 of 9087 Old 10-16-2013, 06:20 PM
3rd Gear

i drove to school and im enjoying my recent plasti dip adventure

IG

\/ - old set up

Bagged on D2 air struts & accuair e-level
2013 Accord EX Coupe - 6MT Crystal Pearl Black
Fast Kosoku 8.5" x 19" wheels - Intense Teal
3" spacers all around
215/35/19 Falken 453's
Black rear markers
15% tint all around
LED- interior & trunk and license plate lighting
LED Fog lights and Reverse Lights
Custom front splitter
Custom side splitters
Custom rear diffuser
Advertisement

post #32 of 9087 Old 10-16-2013, 07:06 PM
1st Gear

Filled up for the first time since the original purchase. Waited until the light went on and filled up with 2 miles. $45 ($3.29/gal).

468 miles. 60/40 city/hwy driving. Eco on most the time. Playing around with ACC, haven't taken it 70.

post #33 of 9087 Old 10-17-2013, 09:43 PM
My First Post

What you think ?

Plasti dip all day
Attached Images
The Following User Says Thank You to Olekiller For This Useful Post:
kyxxer (10-18-2013)

post #34 of 9087 Old 10-17-2013, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyxxer View Post
i drove to school and im enjoying my recent plasti dip adventure

Those wheels look shweet! Did you flash the ECU to the larger tire size to calibrate you speedo and shift points? What did you use to do it?

Me...I put the splash guards on I ordered tonight. Came a day early in the mail. Pretty happy. I also did a 150 mile round trip today, 50/50 city highway and put up 32 mpg! That is AWESOME for a v6...I even put it down a couple of times. I didn't even get that in my 4 cyl altima!!!

Current:
2014 Accord Touring
White Orchid Pearl
OEM Splash Guards, Sill Plates, Wheel Locks

Past:
2014 Accord EX-L V6
Crystal Black Pearl
OEM Splash Guards, Air Deflector, Sill Plates, Wheel Locks

2013 Altima 2.5 SL
Bought back under lemon law
post #35 of 9087 Old 10-18-2013, 08:00 AM
on2
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olekiller View Post
Plasti dip all day
I think it's looks cheap. Looks like an 80's-90's base trim level car.
post #36 of 9087 Old 10-18-2013, 08:29 AM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nossan View Post
Those wheels look shweet! Did you flash the ECU to the larger tire size to calibrate you speedo and shift points? What did you use to do it?

Me...I put the splash guards on I ordered tonight. Came a day early in the mail. Pretty happy. I also did a 150 mile round trip today, 50/50 city highway and put up 32 mpg! That is AWESOME for a v6...I even put it down a couple of times. I didn't even get that in my 4 cyl altima!!!
to calibrate the wheels i used the imid (under vehicle settings) and did the TPMS calibration and from my understanding it adjusts everything when putting bigger wheels on...... also the difference in since was small not enough to change the speed by that much only a few kilometre's per hour, but i could be totally wrong lol and i have a 6 speed manual so no need to adjust shift points haha

IG

\/ - old set up

3" spacers all around
215/35/19 Falken 453's
Black rear markers
15% tint all around
Custom front splitter
Custom side splitters
Custom rear diffuser
post #37 of 9087 Old 10-18-2013, 01:11 PM
3rd Gear

installed my takeda SRI today. installation took about 30 mins.

2013 4DR EX-L V6 OBP
35% tint
Rear Deck lid spoiler
Velgen VMB5 matte gunmetal wheels:
20x10.5R et 45 20x9F et 35
Takeda axel back
Injen CAI
LED touring headlights
LED interior/exterior
post #38 of 9087 Old 10-18-2013, 01:37 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olekiller View Post
Plasti dip all day
Were you inspired by.........

You should name your car the Panda Express
post #39 of 9087 Old 10-18-2013, 02:19 PM
banned

Installed my Takeda sri and I have been doing burnouts all day today in the rain THIRD GEAR too
post #40 of 9087 Old 10-18-2013, 02:51 PM
1st Gear

I'm staring at it from afar via the dealer's website. I sign the papers and pick up my 2014 V6 tomorrow!
post #41 of 9087 Old 10-18-2013, 03:05 PM
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by plagwate View Post
I'm staring at it from afar via the dealer's website. I sign the papers and pick up my 2014 V6 tomorrow!
OH HELL YEAH! New V6 IN DA HOUSE....
Order a Takeda SRI NOW!!! It's insane makes the naughtiest sound and its probably a good 15 hp over stock!
post #42 of 9087 Old 10-18-2013, 06:57 PM
Home of the Hunters

I rolled my rear fenders with a wooden baseball bat and heat worked out great!
post #43 of 9087 Old 10-18-2013, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Quote:
to calibrate the wheels i used the imid (under vehicle settings) and did the TPMS calibration and from my understanding it adjusts everything when putting bigger wheels on...... also the difference in since was small not enough to change the speed by that much only a few kilometre's per hour, but i could be totally wrong lol and i have a 6 speed manual so no need to adjust shift points haha
I don't think calibrating TPMS on the iMid will do anything. Check this out and report back, it's a great calculator to compare wheel sizes and shows mph speedo differences if you change sizes:

There's also a free android app (probably 1.99 for iPhone ), search speedometer to find it. You turn on your gps and it tells you how fast you're going. I'll bet you bragging rights that your going 4-10 mph faster at 60 MPH than your speedo says. This can be BAD for your tranny.

I recently bought a jeep wrangler and got the 16" steel wheels, planning to buy a set of the 17" take off wheels from craigslist. Tons of people buy the jeep package that comes w/the alloys and then buy or put on big off road tires w/low backspace for clearance. I thought I'd just change the wheel and that was it, but it was definitely shifting funny. I went from a 225/75/16 to a 255/75/17. I downloaded that speedo app and sure enough my speedo said 45 and I was doing 50. Fortunately the dealer was able to access the cpu and select the larger stock wheel as it was existing in the profile. Jeep forum folks recommend AEV Procal tool to make changes to non-stock wheel set ups.

Current:
2014 Accord Touring
White Orchid Pearl

Past:
2014 Accord EX-L V6
Crystal Black Pearl

2013 Altima 2.5 SL
post #44 of 9087 Old 10-18-2013, 08:03 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nossan View Post
I don't think calibrating TPMS on the iMid will do anything. Check this out and report back, it's a great calculator to compare wheel sizes and shows mph speedo differences if you change sizes:

There's also a free android app (probably 1.99 for iPhone ), search speedometer to find it. You turn on your gps and it tells you how fast you're going. I'll bet you bragging rights that your going 4-10 mph faster at 60 MPH than your speedo says. This can be BAD for your tranny.

I recently bought a jeep wrangler and got the 16" steel wheels, planning to buy a set of the 17" take off wheels from craigslist. Tons of people buy the jeep package that comes w/the alloys and then buy or put on big off road tires w/low backspace for clearance. I thought I'd just change the wheel and that was it, but it was definitely shifting funny. I went from a 225/75/16 to a 255/75/17. I downloaded that speedo app and sure enough my speedo said 45 and I was doing 50. Fortunately the dealer was able to access the cpu and select the larger stock wheel as it was existing in the profile. Jeep forum folks recommend AEV Procal tool to make changes to non-stock wheel set ups.

whats an acceptable diifernce? ive heard up to 5% rolling distance or revs per mile? im at 4.9% cutting it close i might add lol

IG

\/ - old set up

3" spacers all around
215/35/19 Falken 453's
Black rear markers
15% tint all around
Custom front splitter
Custom side splitters
Custom rear diffuser
post #45 of 9087 Old 10-18-2013, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Quote:
whats an acceptable diifernce? ive heard up to 5% rolling distance or revs per mile? im at 4.9% cutting it close i might add lol
Got me...Did you use the tire calc link I provided? What's the difference at 55mph? On my Wrangler, before I had the dealer calibrate the auto tranny was shifting hard as it thought I was going slower than I was. Basically it was winding out the gears like sport mode or something.

Current:
2014 Accord Touring
White Orchid Pearl

Past:
2014 Accord EX-L V6
Crystal Black Pearl

2013 Altima 2.5 SL
Advertisement

Tags
decals, i-vtec

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.