9th Gen Custom Audio Builds, Set ups, Enclosures, Etc. - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 50 Old 08-21-2013, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
2012 Nissan 370Z

Smile 9th Gen Custom Audio Builds, Set ups, Enclosures, Etc.

i didnt see a thread like this so i guess i'll make one. i'm not ready to build a system in my wife's car yet (sedan), but im already set on a pair of JL W3's (8") tucked away in the trunk, probably in the small recess in the center up against the back of the rear seat. head unit stays, door speakers and tweeters are coming out. undecided on amp(s) at this point. and hey, let me apologize early if there is another audio thread in the 9th gen subforum. the last think i want to do is get people angry over a post similarity on something as important as an automobile discussion forum. cheers!

Advertisement

post #2 of 50 Old 08-21-2013, 11:42 AM
1st Gear

Yeah there's a whole forum about accord audio. It's not gen specific though. Having a sticky thread about "all things 9th Gen audio" would be nice.

post #3 of 50 Old 08-21-2013, 01:18 PM
Fail Zero bcg

the JL W3's are good but I have been looking at the Sundown SA8 as it just looks very impressive and will handle a ton of power for less$ than the Jl's . Dont get me wrong I like JL as I have 13tW5 in my truck right now and like it more than I thought I would.

2013 Accord Sport 6MT

post #4 of 50 Old 08-21-2013, 01:29 PM
Thunder Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josurf808 View Post
Yeah there's a whole forum about accord audio. It's not gen specific though. Having a sticky thread about "all things 9th Gen audio" would be nice.
Agreed. PM a mod that idea

Also, I'll ask this.....why 8's? If you already have them then okay....but why?

'15 WOP v6 sedan
'17 Lux. XT5 AWD
post #5 of 50 Old 08-21-2013, 01:52 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for starting the thread. Getting ready for some stereo mods myself. So I have a few questions. i have a sport model so for my first mod would you guys install front speaker component system or install a sub? Would do you think would be most beneficial first mod? What do you guys think the best 8-10 inch sub is for under $100.
post #6 of 50 Old 08-21-2013, 05:56 PM
silver bullet

I am about to put some components in from my last vehicle (diamond audio hex series). I bought the "sail panels" (I have an lx) from the local Honda dealership a couple weeks ago that are begging for the tweeters lol. For the subs, I was thinking 2 10's in the side areas of the trunk with a custom box fabricated so that I can still get the spare tire if I need it and/or still be able to fold down the rear seats to put long stuff in the trunk.
post #7 of 50 Old 08-21-2013, 06:43 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bportman View Post
Thanks for starting the thread. Getting ready for some stereo mods myself. So I have a few questions. i have a sport model so for my first mod would you guys install front speaker component system or install a sub? Would do you think would be most beneficial first mod? What do you guys think the best 8-10 inch sub is for under $100.
Are you looking for just a sub or a loaded enclosure?
post #8 of 50 Old 08-21-2013, 07:18 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullets View Post
Are you looking for just a sub or a loaded enclosure?
Doesn't matter. I've been eying the inifity 1062w with a sealed enclosure.
post #9 of 50 Old 08-21-2013, 07:29 PM
3rd Gear

JL Audio with a JL amp is what I will use. I have an unused 1000/1 that I am not using and plan to put that in there with one 10" w6. I may use Infinity on the inside or JL all around.
post #10 of 50 Old 08-21-2013, 07:37 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewjs View Post
JL Audio with a JL amp is what I will use. I have an unused 1000/1 that I am not using and plan to put that in there with one 10" w6. I may use Infinity on the inside or JL all around.
Just go with JL and be done with it. You want regret it. Check the sig.

MSM 6MT V6 NAVI COUPE

Mods: Takeda SRI, 30% tint, HFP bodykit, HFP floor mats, EXLED interior and tag leds, debadged, Mosconi 6to8, JL 300/4 amp, Focal 165 KRX2 front, JL c5-650 back, 1000/1 amp, 12w7 sub.
post #11 of 50 Old 08-21-2013, 07:43 PM
Fail Zero bcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll Tide View Post
How do you like the 12w7? Is the 1000 enough or will the sub take more?

2013 Accord Sport 6MT
post #12 of 50 Old 08-21-2013, 08:01 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast4door View Post
How do you like the 12w7? Is the 1000 enough or will the sub take more?
That amp was made for that sub. I have the amp turned down and the sub turned all the way down on my head unit. I leave my bass nob about half. When I put my bass nob all the way up. I make my rearview mirror turn sideways and eject my sunglasses. Think what it would do if I actually cut the amp and sub up on the head unit all the way.

MSM 6MT V6 NAVI COUPE

Mods: Takeda SRI, 30% tint, HFP bodykit, HFP floor mats, EXLED interior and tag leds, debadged, Mosconi 6to8, JL 300/4 amp, Focal 165 KRX2 front, JL c5-650 back, 1000/1 amp, 12w7 sub.
post #13 of 50 Old 08-21-2013, 08:36 PM
1st Gear

Just your guys' opinion should I replace the front speakers with Polk components first or put in a single 10 inch sub? WHat will make the most difference?
post #14 of 50 Old 08-21-2013, 11:08 PM
3rd Gear

Working on mine as I type this. Trunk is all deadened with Focal B.A.M. XXL and Cascade. My husband is fabricating the amp rack this week. I'll have updates in my build thread in the next couple of days. Here's the equipment list:

Illusion Audio C6 6.5" component kit
(2) Illusion Audio C12XL 12" subwoofers
Mosconi AS 300.2 amp
Mosconi AS 100.4 amp
Mosconi AS 100.2 amp
Mosconi 6to8 processor with Bluetooth module and DSP controller
Blackhole Stuff, B.A.M. XXL and Cascade sound damping material

I'm really excited about this one. I have a custom 2004 Dodge Ram with all CDT Audio and love it, but this is going to be totally different. Subwoofers will be in in a couple of weeks. Going to do a simple looking but complex false floor installation. LEDs, black carpet, some painted accents and incorporation of the materials used on the inside of the car.

2013 San Marino Red Accord Coupe V6 6MT NAVI
post #15 of 50 Old 08-22-2013, 12:43 AM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll Tide View Post
How do the JL's stand up to rap music (if you listen to it)?
I'm from Houston, so I listen to lots of southern rap. Infiniti is no suited for that, my local shop fixed it where it sounded pretty good but could have been better.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.