Accord front bumper plugs for license plate holes - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 07-29-2013, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
banned

Accord front bumper plugs for license plate holes

I was wondering where a good place to get some bumper plugs for my front bumper? After removing the front plate there are two holes left in the bumper. I see some nice ones from bumper plugs.com for $32. They seem nicely painted
Just like the bumper but seem a little expensive. Anybody know of another ones that would match? I do not want to make my own since I highly doubt the paint would look smooth and uniform. Please let me know if you guys have any opinions. Thanks.

Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 07-29-2013, 03:38 PM
6th Gear

They'll even factory color match for you. There are cheaper DIY options.

Sport 6M Black, Sasaki Short Throw Shifter, Takeda SRI (lease return)
2015 Mustang GT Premium (sold) ._.
2000 Civic EX 5M antique restoration project, iron oxide weight reduction mod
2015 MSM 6-6 Coupe, K&N SRI
post #3 of 12 Old 07-29-2013, 03:56 PM
Pearl Beast

Seems like a rip off for small plugs. I went to Lowes and got some spacers and just came home and painted with my sister's nail polish. Fit right in and you can't even see it

post #4 of 12 Old 07-29-2013, 03:57 PM
6th Gear

^ like I said. There are cheaper DIY options

Sport 6M Black, Sasaki Short Throw Shifter, Takeda SRI (lease return)
2015 Mustang GT Premium (sold) ._.
2000 Civic EX 5M antique restoration project, iron oxide weight reduction mod
2015 MSM 6-6 Coupe, K&N SRI
post #5 of 12 Old 07-29-2013, 07:01 PM
2013 EX-L V6-6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcfarlandjon View Post
I was wondering where a good place to get some bumper plugs for my front bumper? After removing the front plate there are two holes left in the bumper. I see some nice ones from bumper plugs.com for $32. They seem nicely painted
Just like the bumper but seem a little expensive. Anybody know of another ones that would match? I do not want to make my own since I highly doubt the paint would look smooth and uniform. Please let me know if you guys have any opinions. Thanks.
The ones from bumperplugs.com are ridiculously overpriced. I checked lowes but couldn't really find anything useable. I'm just going to live with the holes. $35 is just too much for something that literally costs pennies to manufacture.
post #6 of 12 Old 07-29-2013, 08:45 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blorzoga View Post
The ones from bumperplugs.com are ridiculously overpriced. I checked lowes but couldn't really find anything useable. I'm just going to live with the holes. $35 is just too much for something that literally costs pennies to manufacture.
I have always just ordered them direct through honda. I get black ones for a s2000 and have them paint matched after. They have worked in different bumpers(ek hatch, eg coupe, dc2 integra) I can only assume they will work once again with our 9th gens.

2013 msm ex-l sedan
Oem rear lip spoiler
6k hid low beam
3k hid fog light
Putco led drl/high beam
Ijdmtoys led strip
Ijdmtoys puddle lights
Led interior light kit
Ksport kontrol coilovers
Advanti Denaro 19x9.5 with 225/35/19 nexen n7000
Tint- 3m crystalline 40% all windows and sunroof
post #7 of 12 Old 07-29-2013, 09:26 PM
3rd Gear

Go to lowes and buy those hillman nylon hole plugs and call it a day
post #8 of 12 Old 07-29-2013, 09:32 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedMoreLow View Post
I have always just ordered them direct through honda. I get black ones for a s2000 and have them paint matched after. They have worked in different bumpers(ek hatch, eg coupe, dc2 integra) I can only assume they will work once again with our 9th gens.
how much did this cost? Im assuming itd be somewhere close to the 34$ listed above?

2013 White Orchard Pearl EX-L V6 Coupe
post #9 of 12 Old 07-30-2013, 10:55 AM
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedMoreLow View Post

Do you happen to have a part # ??
post #10 of 12 Old 02-25-2017, 12:16 PM
MrFixitMyslef

I found some black ones at ACE HARDWARE for .35 cents each. My 2015 is white and I may paint the plugs and may not. Either way, they look much better than that unsightly license plate accessory.
post #11 of 12 Old 02-25-2017, 12:18 PM
MrFixitMyslef

Oops...

Last edited by mrfixitmyself; 02-25-2017 at 12:20 PM. Reason: misplaced reply
post #12 of 12 Old 02-25-2017, 12:19 PM
MrFixitMyslef

Quote:
Originally Posted by humblehyper View Post
Go to lowes and buy those hillman nylon hole plugs and call it a day
That's basically what I did at ACE HDW, but got black ones. Nylon dry rots...
Advertisement

Tags
accord, bumper, license, plate, plug

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.