Removing climate control knobs for dash kit - Drive Accord Honda Forums |
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 01-13-2013, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
Mass Effect

Removing climate control knobs for dash kit

Hey guys, Ive got the Scosche dash hit for my 8th gen and Ive got everything out but I cant get the climate control knobs to come apart to save my life. Ive scoured Google and can find nothing. The instructions simply say to press the center of the knobs in and pull the rings off. Ive tried for the last hour and cant get them to. Even tried to pry them off with a screwdriver but they wont come off at least not without more force than Im willing to give them.

Anybody thats installed one of these kits in their 8th gen, could ya help a brutha out before I lose my mind! Thanks.

2012 Accord EX Sedan • 190 HP 2.4 I4 • 5 speed auto

post #2 of 3 Old 01-13-2013, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Mass Effect

Nevermind I got it.

For anybody that might have a problem with this, you have to grab the unit with both hands and press the center of the knobs hard with your thumbs and the whole thing pops out the back.

Jesus what a pain!

This is what they actually look like when you pop them out.

2012 Accord EX Sedan • 190 HP 2.4 I4 • 5 speed auto
post #3 of 3 Old 01-13-2013, 07:22 PM

thanks for the info!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.