Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive
i have since done a similar mount to the passenger side
Hey sorry to dig up an old post but I have been searching for quite awhile to figure out how to mount my amps in my trunk. I have a 2006 accord ex v6 mt 4 door. I came across your pics here and I would like to do something very similiar as it looks like it allows for hte most trunk space still available and protection of the amplifiers/etc. right now my equipment related to this would be
1. focal fps 2160 two channel amp
2. kicker cx300.4 4 channel amp
speakers and what not are not really relevant to the mounting questions/help i am looking for now i think. but let me know if i can provide more info.
do you have more details about materials used and how you went about it? my amps are smaller than yours but here are some questions i am still unsure about
1. ican mount the kicker amp vertically but i am not sure about the focal amp. heat fins are on three sides so it looks like as long as i point the connections side down it should be ok heat wise?
2 vibrations/mounting materials - i see you have carpet everywhere and used some foam...did you buy additional carpet from a dealer? did you foam back the amp mount boards or just stuff foam pieces into spaces?
3. what kind of power wire do you think i need? i have a 4 gauage right now for hte kicker but focal states i should have a 3 awg or bigger for the length of cable i need to run to the battery...thoughts? id rather not have to run anohter power cable but since the first run was my very first attempt i wouldnt be totally opposed to doing it again and might be able to do it better/more cleanly.
4. what kind of subs you got there? any recommendations for something that would help clean up my bass, make little impact on power draw (alternator is only 110 i think) easy to install ....maybe like two 8 inch or 10 inch subs?
thanks for any help you or anyone else that sees this can provide!!