OEM Integration/Sound Processing.. which to buy?? and why?? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
View Poll Results: Which OEM Integration/Sound Processor?
Alpine PXE-H660 3 23.08%
Arc Audio SRI 0 0%
Audiocontrol L6i 2 15.38%
Audison Bit Ten 4 30.77%
JL Audio CleanSweep 3 23.08%
Massive Audio Flatline 0 0%
MTX Audio reQ-5 0 0%
other... 2 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 07-26-2011, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

OEM Integration/Sound Processing.. which to buy?? and why??

I currently have a garbage pac/loc adaptor.. i really think now that this is the weak part of my system.. and i really don't wanna get a dash kit with a aftermarket deck or anything.. so i wanna go this route..

i've looked into the the Arc Audio SRI, JL Cleansweep, Audiocontrol L6i, Audison bit ten, Alpine PXE-H660, Massive Audio Flatline, MTX Audio reQ-5...

i'm just looking for the best value/performance unit.. so don't suggest an audison bit one or a jbl ms-8, those are just wayyyy outta my range lol

also would like something that's virtually plug-n-play.. maybe set it once and just forget about it.. i don't want too many features where i'm always in my trunk playing with the settings haha

but i'm leaning towards Arc Audio SRI, JL Cleansweep or the Alpine PXE.. what are you're thoughts? any others i should look into that are under or around $250 maybe?

Thanks for any input!

PMM 2010 EX-L i4 Coupe
DDM Tuning 55w/6000k HIDs & 35w/5000k Fogs
Mugen Replica Grille
OEM V6 Rear Lip Spoiler
JL Audio 500/5 Amp
Image Dynamics CTX65cs Comps
Polk Audio db651 Coax's
Alpine Type-R 12in Sub
PXAMG Ipod Adaptor
Megan EZ Coilovers
Ingalls #35593 (+1.5-3) Front Ball Joint
Ingalls #35623 (+3) Rear Ball Joint & Toe Arm
Privat Vulkan Custom Color-Matched/Machined Face - 20x8.5/10 +35mm F&R
Toyo Extensa HP 225/35f & 245/35r
Dual Magnaflow #11123/3-Disk CC Inserts/OEM Tips
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-26-2011, 01:23 PM
5th Gear

Under 250, i would be looking at the minidsp

You can read about it here

post #3 of 5 Old 07-26-2011, 05:25 PM
2nd Gear

I used to have a cleansweep in my car and was not at all impressed. I didn't think it made a night and day difference. In my case if I used my factory volume control I would get hissing, I was forced the used the cleansweep's tiny volume knob.

2011 Honda Accord EX-L V6

post #4 of 5 Old 07-27-2011, 12:55 AM
5th Gear

I have the PXE-H660, and I use to have the Cleansweep.

I uninstalled the Cleansweep because frankly it didn't make a difference for my application, and as RazorTaz pointed out using the OEM volume knob can max the hissing noise. Thirdly it was something I could sell on eBay/Amazon for spending money

For my 2005 Accord, the OEM head unit (non-premium) does not have any factory equalization or signal manipulation from the signal. Its simply a full-range output. I connected my new (just purchased at the time) Alpine amplifier with speaker-level-inputs. I couldn't tell a difference with either setup, including white hissing noise - essentially no difference I could tell. Not that I was expecting a difference.
OEM-Cleansweep-RCA cable-Alpine amp
OEM-speaker level inputs-Alpine amp

As for the Alpine PXE-H660, it is a work in progress. I haven't really played around with it since I just installed everything (minus subwoofer and sub amp), and my 12 hour shifts are in the way. Hopefully this weekend!

So far I'm happier than using speaker-level inputs. I'm running my component speakers active. Before the left speakers overshadowed the right speakers and Honda's OEM stereo balance control just isn't precise enough, and now I can already tell it sounds like there is a more front stage presence. I'm not sure, but maybe its because all four speakers (two mids, two tweeters) are now free from a passive crossover and are timed aligned.

No noise issues for me. White hissing noise seems a tad quieter than with speaker level inputs. At moderate/high volume, there is a very soft almost unrecognizable turn-off pop, but this does not concern me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Under 250, i would be looking at the minidsp

You can read about it here
Jeberz, I'm not sure where to start at?
post #5 of 5 Old 07-27-2011, 04:08 AM
1st Gear

I have a bit ten. I love it except from the occasional need to adjust the subwoofer volume during a song - in which case I am out of luck until I get a bass knob installed. (Unless I want to pull over, boot up the computer, and change the settings.) The computer allows you to change everything very easily when you're tuning, but I wouldn't recommend it while driving!
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.