Which should i get, AudioControl Three.2 or EQX? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 03-10-2011, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Which should i get, AudioControl Three.2 or EQX?

Someone please enlighten me on which crossover and equalizer i should get.

I have been looking at two AudioControl products for possible installation. Both products are priced similarly and have built-in line drivers as well. Anyone else have experience with either product?

Also, if someone knows of a similarly priced product that they think is better and i should take a look at please help me identify it. I want to keep the price in the $250-range.

Alabaster Silver 2006 Honda Accord VP w/110k miles

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 03-10-2011, 12:23 PM
5th Gear

Neither. Those units are dated and no longer supported by audiocontrol. Look for a used 360.2

post #3 of 12 Old 03-10-2011, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

The Three.2 just came out in late-2010.

I like the 360.2 but it is way out of my price range.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 12 Old 03-10-2011, 12:34 PM
4th Gear

You can get an excellent aftermarket HU for less than the price of a processor to clean up the factory HU signal. Just saying.

2006 Accord SE Sedan - I4 - 5MT

post #5 of 12 Old 03-10-2011, 12:41 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIU_Huskies View Post
The Three.2 just came out in late-2010.

I like the 360.2 but it is way out of my price range.
You sure? I know audiocontrol stopped supporting their stuff a while back. Big topic on diyma about it.

You should be able to find a 3sixty.2 for <$220 used. If you wait it out, you can probably get it cheaper since the 3sixty.3 is dropping soon.

Or you could give this a try
DIY Line Output Converter W/ DSP Module

post #6 of 12 Old 03-10-2011, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by theWatusi View Post
You can get an excellent aftermarket HU for less than the price of a processor to clean up the factory HU signal. Just saying.
I know, but i want more control of my frequency settings and most aftermarket HUs only provide controls to 3-5 frequencies at most. Maybe that's all i really need and i should keep my money.

post #7 of 12 Old 03-10-2011, 12:45 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIU_Huskies View Post
I know, but i want more control of my frequency settings and most aftermarket HUs only provide controls to 3-5 frequencies at most. Maybe that's all i really need and i should keep my money.
You won't get any control until you ditch the passive crossovers. In that case, you'll need another amp for your sub.

post #8 of 12 Old 03-10-2011, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
You sure? I know audiocontrol stopped supporting their stuff a while back. Big topic on diyma about it.

You should be able to find a 3sixty.2 for <$220 used. If you wait it out, you can probably get it cheaper since the 3sixty.3 is dropping soon.

Or you could give this a try
DIY Line Output Converter W/ DSP Module
Here's a press release article from caraudiomag.com about the three.2 coming out in late 2010.

I've been looking on ebay for a 3sixty.2 but i don't see many postings for them. I just saw a brand new one auction off for $280 but i missed out on it because i'm still unsure if i really need an eq/crossover. I'm trying to sell myself on its worth to me and if it will help my system as much as i hope.

post #9 of 12 Old 03-10-2011, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Quote:
You won't get any control until you ditch the passive crossovers. In that case, you'll need another amp for your sub.
True, i forgot that without the passive crossovers i would need another two channels from an amp. I'm not interested in buying another amp. Guess i need to stick with what i have.

post #10 of 12 Old 03-10-2011, 12:55 PM
5th Gear

Processing can help out a lot. Audio control unit looks nice....

Just glanced over at your sig. Instead of buying a new hu + processor. why not just get an active headunit? You can probably find a alpine 9887 for the price of the kenwood.

post #11 of 12 Old 03-10-2011, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Quote:
Processing can help out a lot. Audio control unit looks nice....

Just glanced over at your sig. Instead of buying a new hu + processor. why not just get an active headunit? You can probably find a alpine 9887 for the price of the kenwood.
I figure i will have to go that route. It's just a matter of finding a HU that i like with multiple eq settings.

I like the Kenwood KDC-X995 because of the built-in HD Radio and Pandora connectivity. However, it only has a three-bands of eq.

post #12 of 12 Old 03-11-2011, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

So, been doing research and there aren't very many active headunits that aren't in the extreme price range. I also like Eclipse headunits, but the CD5030 which is their most recent model seems to be two years old and discontinued. I still really like the Kenwood KDC-X995 unit as well and it was finally shipped off to retailers a few days ago.

The one's that i have found that i like are:

- i've never really cared for alpine but it has 4v pre-outs, 7-band EQ, USB, etc.
- have never liked sony car products but it has 4v pre-outs, 7-band EQ, USB, bluetooth, etc.
- comes out at the end of this month. Has 5v pre-outs, 5-band EQ, Pandora, 2 USB ports, bluetooth, etc.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.