Help with PAC AOEM-HON20 install. - Drive Accord Honda Forums |
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 09-27-2010, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Help with PAC AOEM-HON20 install.

I removed the light blue wiring harness from the back of the HU (07 EX non Nav) and I assumed that the 20 pin connector from the Pac unit plugged into the HU at the same place. I did this and power to the HU, dead. I reversed and put the original harness back in and everything worked. Was I going about it correct? I didn't hear the Pac harness click into place and wondered if it was fully inserted. I tried again, again no luck. Anybody lend a hand. Have a PM into Hillstones so hopefully I'll get some info to finish this project.

I assumed the light blue harness is just moved aside and not used but does it connect to the Pac female connector? Confused.

post #2 of 4 Old 09-28-2010, 03:25 AM
5th Gear

Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD
I would think (without even looking at it) that the factory harness would plug into PAC female connector and the PAC's wiring harness would plug into the radio - that would just be a pass thru for all the important wires.

Originally Posted by hillstones View Post
Whenever I see a "thumpin" car, the male driver is always alone because no one wants to ride in his car.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-28-2010, 06:04 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

There are both mail and female ends on the Pac unit so maybe that will work. The directions, both online and my copy are least to me. Anyone else know for sure? Thanks PaulD

post #4 of 4 Old 09-28-2010, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Corporation 1502 S. Santa Fe Street, Santa Ana, CA 92705Voice: 714-835-3133 Fax: 714-835-3233
Cables for adding or replacing factory amplifier.
Installation instructions for cables on list C
This C cable, is used when replacing or adding aftermarket amplifiers to a factory amplified system. (the cable
model # AMP-RCA is also required) This cable plugs in between the factory radio and the dash harness that was removed
from the factory radio. The 18 pin connector then plugs into the OEM-1. The factory system remains unchanged using this

Use the AMP-RCA cable connected to the 16 pin connector of the OEM-1 to connect your aftermarket amplifier. The AMPRCA
provides 2 pair of female RCA jacks and a remote turn on lead.
Installation instructions for the AMP-RCA cable
This cable is used when replacing or adding aftermarket amplifiers to a factory amplified system. (the appropriate
cable from list C is also required) The AMP-RCA cable connects to the 16 pin connector of the OEM-1 and provides 2 pair
of female RCA jacks and a remote turn on lead for connection to your aftermarket amplifier.

Does this make it sound like the female end of the pac goes into the HU and the male end of the Honda harness goes into the female end of the Pac.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.