Successfully installing aux input converter for iPod - Page 3 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #31 of 50 Old 01-28-2012, 10:41 AM
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgarg View Post
This looks great, and I found it on amazon for 10 dollars cheaper, I think I will stick with this. Thank you for all your help.
No problem. The price fluctuates a lot. The lowest I saw it at was $95 before the holidays, but now back up over $100. If Amazon had it for $10 less, then that is a bargain as well.

Advertisement

post #32 of 50 Old 06-12-2012, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear

Did you hear?

iPhone 5 may not have the normal 30 pin connector?!

It may be micro usb...so that means anyone who installed something with the 30 pin connector AND has an iPhone to play their music will either have to swap out their install, or not get the iPhone 5. (Assuming it has a different charging port)

What do you think?

Present: 2011 BMW 335i e92 6MT

Past: 2006 Accord Sedan 2.4

2007 Odyssey (dad's)
post #33 of 50 Old 06-12-2012, 01:41 PM
1st Gear

Thats a shame, the convenience of being able to charge and stream audio through one port is unprecedented. If it comes to it though, I will have to go in and switch from the 30 pin connector to the 3.5mm route. Definitely not preferred for the sake of sound quality, but at that point options would be limited.

Kinda disappointed with this years WWDC...

post #34 of 50 Old 06-13-2012, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgarg View Post
Thats a shame, the convenience of being able to charge and stream audio through one port is unprecedented. If it comes to it though, I will have to go in and switch from the 30 pin connector to the 3.5mm route. Definitely not preferred for the sake of sound quality, but at that point options would be limited.

Kinda disappointed with this years WWDC...
Is the SQ really that different from the 30 pin connector vs 3.5mm jack? I just got the jack because I figured it was pretty much the same.

And yea, WWDC was a let down. Oh well. Not interested in the apple computers anymore, but still love my iPad and iPhone.

2007 Odyssey (dad's)
post #35 of 50 Old 06-20-2012, 08:11 AM
1st Gear

This tutorial is awesome! I'm going to do it this weekend. Quick question though. I'm assuming that the songs/artist/etc doesn't show up on the factory radio display while playing a song from your ipod/mp3. I've also seen the sticky at the top and that one clearly states that the song/artist will not display. Is there any way of making the song info display on the factory radio while playing it on your ipod. Something like how the 2008+ models have the ipod connector in the center console by the E brake and that one displays the song info on the radio display.
post #36 of 50 Old 06-20-2012, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadedWolf4 View Post
This tutorial is awesome! I'm going to do it this weekend. Quick question though. I'm assuming that the songs/artist/etc doesn't show up on the factory radio display while playing a song from your ipod/mp3. I've also seen the sticky at the top and that one clearly states that the song/artist will not display. Is there any way of making the song info display on the factory radio while playing it on your ipod. Something like how the 2008+ models have the ipod connector in the center console by the E brake and that one displays the song info on the radio display.
- Thank you very much for the kind comments. With the method I did there is no way to show the songs in the head unit.

If you install an iSimple kit, I believe you can see the track names and also charge the iPod/iPhone. (You may need navi, not sure) The iSimple kit is also very good, just a little bit more expensive and uses a 30 pin connector so you can only use apple products. I chose the headset jack because:

- I didn't want to mess with the 30 pin connector (Had pieces break/bend before)
- This way was a little cheaper
- You can use any device with a 3.5mm headphone jack (Not just iPhone/iPod)
- I wasn't interested in charging my iPhone (Kind of weird about that - I like to charge it a full charge when I do)

Hope this helps, this was my first sort of real mod/install and it was very easy.

2007 Odyssey (dad's)

Last edited by BMBaccord; 06-20-2012 at 09:37 AM. Reason: spelling error
post #37 of 50 Old 06-20-2012, 12:00 PM
1st Gear

Ah I see. I think I'll just do it this way anyways because its nice to have, but not a necessity. With the iSimple, can you also control the ipod (like skipping songs, volume etc.) with the factory radio/steering wheel controls?
post #38 of 50 Old 06-27-2012, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadedWolf4 View Post
Ah I see. I think I'll just do it this way anyways because its nice to have, but not a necessity. With the iSimple, can you also control the ipod (like skipping songs, volume etc.) with the factory radio/steering wheel controls?

Read some of the customer reviews...they can be pretty informative.

I THINK you can change songs with the steering wheel controls, not sure though. Read up about it. Sorry for the delayed response.

2007 Odyssey (dad's)
post #39 of 50 Old 10-21-2012, 03:45 PM
1st Gear

Great tutorial. Your pics were even easier to understand than some videos I've seen. I will definitely use this when I go to do my install. However, I don't want to use the same device as you because I want my iPod to be charging and also use the steering wheel controls to change volume/songs. And if possible, it'd be great if I could see the artist/song on the display.

Here is exactly what I am looking for if anyone has any suggestions:
iPod specific
Support of steering wheel controls
Not concerned about losing XM

I've looked around online at different ones and could probably go ahead and make a decision based off what I've seen, but I'd appreciate any opinions that any of you may have. Especially if you personally have something like what I am looking for. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Side note : My car is a 2007 EX-L V6. I have the CD/AUX button and XM option but will never use XM.
post #40 of 50 Old 10-21-2012, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear

I think the iSimple car kit should be good for what you are looking for.

2007 Odyssey (dad's)
post #41 of 50 Old 10-21-2012, 04:16 PM
1st Gear

Think there's a chance I can find one that will do the same thing but be a little cheaper? Then again, I bet the iSimple is probably the most reliable of any I'd find, right?
post #42 of 50 Old 01-18-2013, 03:03 PM
1st Gear

can you install even with a broken 6 cd changer?

My cd/aux mode doesn't work at all. I have a 6 cd changer and after a couple years of jammed cds, I now can't even get to the cd mode. Everytime I press the cd/aux button, it does nothing.
I was thinking of trying to install the aux input but I didn't want to purchase anything if the mode still wouldn't work after installing the aux.

From what I was reading it might be a blown fuse, are they anyway connected? Would I have to change the fuse for the aux to work, if I do decide to install it?
post #43 of 50 Old 01-18-2013, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjoanneshin View Post
My cd/aux mode doesn't work at all. I have a 6 cd changer and after a couple years of jammed cds, I now can't even get to the cd mode. Everytime I press the cd/aux button, it does nothing.
I was thinking of trying to install the aux input but I didn't want to purchase anything if the mode still wouldn't work after installing the aux.

From what I was reading it might be a blown fuse, are they anyway connected? Would I have to change the fuse for the aux to work, if I do decide to install it?
I would look into the fuse situation. I assume that the operation of the cd changer would not change the ability to use an AUX input. As long as its JUST the cd changer, and not an important part of the head unit itself.

The reason why nothing happens when you push the AUX button is because there is no device connected. The same thing happened for me before I installed the AUX. Once you install and plug it into the back of the radio, it will toggle between CD, AUX, AM/FM. (But in your case maybe not the cd because you said it didn't work.) So in other words, its an easy mod and I would say if you installed it, you should be fine to use an mp3 player or whatever even if the cd player doesn't work.

2007 Odyssey (dad's)
post #44 of 50 Old 01-18-2013, 03:53 PM
1st Gear

thanks for responding so quickly.

I did a bit more research and I guess there is just one fuse for the radio and not a seperate one for the cd changer. and since my radio and all other functions of the radio is working fine, I assume its just that damn cd changer. just wanted to say thanks and let you know I think I'm going to try and install the aux input... hopefully nothing goes wrong. seems pretty straightforward to do.
post #45 of 50 Old 01-24-2013, 10:06 PM
Speed and Sound

Just buy the aux with 30 days return (or whatever return policy), and try to install. My guess that you should be fine since the rest of the stereo is working.

2007 Accord Coupe EX-L
GROM USB Integration for Android
125000 miles (ouch)
Love outdoors and skiing
Advertisement

Tags
auxiliary, input, ipod, radio

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.