Successfully installing aux input converter for iPod - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #16 of 50 Old 10-23-2010, 12:41 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstones View Post
Stick the module to the side panel with double-sided tape and the pocket will re-install properly.
Thanks, I installed it to the side panel and its fine now. I am sharing your link with all my friends.they wanna try it too.

Advertisement

post #17 of 50 Old 02-12-2011, 12:46 PM
1st Gear

Great DIY article & pictures!

Thank you for the great description of your installation of the iPod connector!

I have a 2007 Accord SE V6. I would like to know how to determine what radio is in my car? Is it a Sony? It has a multi-CD changer.

Thank you.

1994 Honda Accord LX
2007 Honda Accord, SE, V6
2004 Honda Accord VTEC (U.K. Spec)
post #18 of 50 Old 02-13-2011, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accord#2 View Post
Thank you for the great description of your installation of the iPod connector!

I have a 2007 Accord SE V6. I would like to know how to determine what radio is in my car? Is it a Sony? It has a multi-CD changer.

Thank you.
If it has a multi cd changer in the trunk then I believe it would be sony, if it is 6 changer inside then I am not sure. Sorry cant help more than that!

Present: 2011 BMW 335i e92 6MT

Past: 2006 Accord Sedan 2.4

2007 Odyssey (dad's)

post #19 of 50 Old 04-05-2011, 11:48 AM
My First Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMBaccord View Post
I am pretty new to this forum and have been reading up how popular the radio to ipod install is. I decided to do it finally and it was a great success. If you have any questions or comments please let me know anything. And what you think of my post too. Thanks and I hope this helps anyone interested in this project, enjoy!

This is a step by step process of what I did to successfully install the auxiliary input connector for an ipod. I have a 2006 Accord EX with just a CD/AUX button. No navigation or XM radio are in my car, but this is the same process you would take even if you have navi or XM. However, if you have XM, you will have to disconnect the cable for XM to use the input for your ipod or MP3 player. If you don't care about XM and rather would have an auxiliary connect, then you're in luck. If you have Navi, then you may need to buy another connector cord.

The necessary auxiliary input converter I purchased is part # HON03/PC-SON. It is by PIE (Precision Interface Electronics). It says Honda to Sony and mentions it can be used for an external Sony Multidisc player. You are able to use it as that, but it also can be used for the aux device like i did. I got it off of amazon for about $70 from Audio Connections. $70 is a pretty good deal because most of them are between 60-120 depending on where you go. I believe Best Buy sells a whole kit to convert your car but it is well over $100. By doing it this way you save a lot of money and can do it easily yourself. The only other cord you will need is a simple RCA cable. The one that actually goes into the iPod device.

Necessary things:

Grab some zip ties to keep it all clean, some double sided thick tape to mount the converter box, scissors, screwdrivers (phillips and flathead), and also a couple different sized rubber gromits to put in the hole so it looks professional and clean (Not pictured). The gromit size will depend on how big the hole you drill is. Also, it is good to disconnect the negative part of your battery. Make sure you have your radio code handy for reconnection otherwise you can't use it!!!

Attachment 33929

Attachment 33926

Pull up on the front of the gearshift cover and there are 4 snaps that will pop it out pretty easily so you can expose the ashtray screws. It is easier to put the gear shifter in the low gear so it is out of the way. Just pull the parking break. Turn the key as far as it will go and keep it in.

Attachment 33927

Attachment 33928

Unscrew the two screws to allow the removal of the ash tray unit.

Attachment 33930

You will be able to pop up the ash tray unit with the removal of the two screws.

(I am posting the rest of the steps in seperate posts so I can include all of the pictures.)
Hi! Are you able to control the iPod from the steering wheel/dash or are you only able to control it from the iPod itself?
post #20 of 50 Old 04-06-2011, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear

missaccord06,

The input i installed only plays the music from the ipod to the speakers through the 3.5 mm jack. You cannot control it via radio or steeringwheel controls. I believe that requires an input that goes into the bottom prongs of the ipod that will also charge it. I went this route because personally I don't feel the need to use that input, plus I believe it is a bit more expensive to do it that route even if you DIY. Hope this helps. Feel free to PM me or anything if you need more info!

2007 Odyssey (dad's)
post #21 of 50 Old 04-17-2011, 06:33 PM
1st Gear

great write up. I will definately do this soon on my car. I found this one on ebay

post #22 of 50 Old 04-18-2011, 05:26 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by exterra View Post
great write up. I will definately do this soon on my car. I found this one on ebay

Nice! Let me know how it goes, I may install something similar to what you bought so it will charge it, only down side is that it will only work for ipods or iphones, most people wont have an issue. I think I just figured the 3.5 mm jack was easier, good quality though!

2007 Odyssey (dad's)
post #23 of 50 Old 08-06-2011, 04:12 PM
My First Post

I have a 2006 Accord SE with the 6 Disc in-dash CD changer which has the CD/Aux button. I was wondering if i install the AUX input converter will it the cd changer be inop or will i be able to switch between both cd changer and the aux input just by pressing the CD/AUX button?
post #24 of 50 Old 01-16-2012, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by k24a8 View Post
I have a 2006 Accord SE with the 6 Disc in-dash CD changer which has the CD/Aux button. I was wondering if i install the AUX input converter will it the cd changer be inop or will i be able to switch between both cd changer and the aux input just by pressing the CD/AUX button?
You will have access to both units...The AUX installation just adds an additional feature of an ipod. No issues whatsoever.

2007 Odyssey (dad's)
post #25 of 50 Old 01-16-2012, 08:58 AM
1st Gear

More 'clean' Look

If you want a more clean aux input install I installed one of these inside the arm rest of my 07 accord.

Attached Images
post #26 of 50 Old 01-27-2012, 11:15 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by exterra View Post

Did you end up using this product in your accord? how did it work for you? I have an 06 and wanted to install something with charging capability.
post #27 of 50 Old 01-27-2012, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgarg View Post
Did you end up using this product in your accord? how did it work for you? I have an 06 and wanted to install something with charging capability.

^ ^ I did not use the link you included. I used this plugged into the factory radio, then I plugged in a 3.5mm to the red/white split cable which I included in the pics. That does not charge my device.

The link you included is the same concept, but just lets you charged the device, I skimmed it so I am not sure if you can control your device via steeringwheel or whatever, but I would make sure you know that first. (If it charges it I would definitely want it to work with the steeringwheel controls as well.) This price is good, but seems almost too cheap. I found one I like, but of course it is more, I figure I'd pay more and get it done right for sure, but its your car.

^ This one lets you charge your device and control it through the car controls and it is pretty well known.

- Hope this helps.

2007 Odyssey (dad's)
post #28 of 50 Old 01-27-2012, 02:05 PM
1st Gear

Yes I did see that product offered online by blitzsafe, however I am concerned with a few bad reviews regarding this product and its sister product for which I have provided a link for below:

Do you have any input/recommendations? I am thinking of just buying at and trying it, if it does not work like I want maybe Amazon will take it back...

...and thank you for your quick reply!
post #29 of 50 Old 01-28-2012, 09:48 AM
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm

Get the iSimple kit. It is the best one on the market and it is the only one that retains full XM capability, if your vehicle has XM. You can use the standard Aux input that comes with it, or buy the HD Radio option in place of the standard Aux. It allows full iPod control, full XM, standard Aux, or HD Radio.

post #30 of 50 Old 01-28-2012, 10:15 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstones View Post
Get the iSimple kit. It is the best one on the market and it is the only one that retains full XM capability, if your vehicle has XM. You can use the standard Aux input that comes with it, or buy the HD Radio option in place of the standard Aux. It allows full iPod control, full XM, standard Aux, or HD Radio.

This looks great, and I found it on amazon for 10 dollars cheaper, I think I will stick with this. Thank you for all your help.

Advertisement

Tags
auxiliary, input, ipod, radio

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.