Kick panel enclosures? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-28-2010, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Kick panel enclosures?

Any opinions on them? Is anyone currently using them in a Accord? I'm considering buying the Q-Form (model QL-K6008C). They go for about $180.

2011 Honda Accord EX-L V6
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-28-2010, 03:05 PM
4th Gear

I've never used these but I have run speakers in the kick panels. The issue I had was that, with someone riding in the passenger seat, I lost A LOT of the sound coming out of the right-side speakers (mostly mids/highs). YMMV.

2010 EX Sedan 5MT (CBP)
post #3 of 6 Old 04-28-2010, 03:23 PM
banned

With the right tuning they would probably sound pretty good... only complaint I have is losing the foot rest.

post #4 of 6 Old 04-28-2010, 08:26 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmarcx View Post
With the right tuning they would probably sound pretty good... only complaint I have is losing the foot rest.
On the same token as the lost foot room is the fact that the pre-fabbed kicks and improperly done cutoms bring the speakers too far in towards the center. I'm not familiar with the layout of the 7th Gen Accord the OP has but in all honesty the locations in the 8th are very good believe it or not. They're very very far forward and there's a lot of width there which helps out in your stage width. I was at a State Finals to meet up with a SQ competitor friend of mine and I had a system all planned out but he literally took a look at the stock locations and said stick with those. He's an audio guru/snob and said unless you're really willing to cut some of the sheet metal away behind the factory kickpanel plastic that I was better off keeping the stock locations. Never one to take advice I talked about it with another audio junky friend of mine who's just an absolute GOD with SQ installs and after seeing pics he said the factory locations were actually very good.

With that mumbo jumbo being said I would honestly say stick to the factory door locations and invest the money into things like deadening and a good EQ that allows you to tune and work with time alignment. In my opinion, and I've gone through an absurd amount of audio stuff in my days, deadening is a GREAT investment when done right. You'd be surprised how much even a factory system improves when your car is properly deadened. If you need help/advice on it shoot me a PM and I'll offer what knowledge on the subject I have. So like I said I would pretty much skip the idea of kicks for the time being. Deaden the car the right way, get some processing involved, and see how you like it. If at THAT point you still aren't happy then explore other options but I think you'd be pretty happy going this route.

2008 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 Polished Metal Metallic
Image Dynamics CD2 Comp Neos
Image Dynamics XS65
Sub coming...
Audison LRx 4.300
Audison LRx 2.250
Audison LRx 1.400
Carrozzeria DEX-P01II
Carrozzeria DEQ-P01II
post #5 of 6 Old 05-08-2010, 04:59 AM
5th Gear

Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD
the factory locations for the Accord/Acura TL are very well placed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstones View Post
Whenever I see a "thumpin" car, the male driver is always alone because no one wants to ride in his car.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-07-2010, 05:51 PM
5th Gear

i donno about those kick panels... i upgraded the front speakers with eD e.9 set, had to trim off a little bit of the hole in the door with a dremel tool, but once in and screwed on tight, they sound amazing tied with a RF 3sixty, the door actually works like an enclosure i deadened the whole thing, and the mid bass now has just come alive! i would go with what RS said...

09 EX Coupe
- I4, 5MT, PMM, TWM Leather wrapped, Pedals, Smoked, ClearGuard, WeatherTech, Deabdged, V6 lip, 35% HP Supreme, 35W 5k Retro Low/Fogs, LED lighting, lower grill w/ plate mod, 22mm Progress, Takeda SRI, ed e9.65i, ed NINe.2, 3sixty.2
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.