Getting factory XM in 2016 Canadian Sport - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 05-01-2017, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Getting factory XM in 2016 Canadian Sport

I'm looking into buying a 16' Accord Sport from Canada and am looking into ways to get factory XM in it. The Canadian Sport has the Clarion touchscreen audio unit which is the same part number as the unit in an EXL which has XM.

I'm just wondering if all I am going to have to do is order the antenna, cables, and XM tuner and plug and play to make it work? Or is there a software in the head unit which also disables the XM function.

Has anybody here taken out the Clarion touchscreen unit? If so, is there a separate port on the back of it for an XM wire harness?

Thanks.

Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-15-2017, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivtec1 View Post
I'm looking into buying a 16' Accord Sport from Canada and am looking into ways to get factory XM in it. The Canadian Sport has the Clarion touchscreen audio unit which is the same part number as the unit in an EXL which has XM.

I'm just wondering if all I am going to have to do is order the antenna, cables, and XM tuner and plug and play to make it work? Or is there a software in the head unit which also disables the XM function.

Has anybody here taken out the Clarion touchscreen unit? If so, is there a separate port on the back of it for an XM wire harness?

Thanks.
I bought a Canadian 2017 Accord Sport and will begin to dissect it next week. If I find answers I will detail the process to get factory XM into the car.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.