Gorilla Sound Damping Mats? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-20-2010, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Rock On!!

Gorilla Sound Damping Mats?

Has any one used or heard of Gorilla Sound Damping Mats? I saw their listing on ebay and found them pretty cheap compared to others(mainly Dynamat). If some one has good experience with other sound damping mats, please share. I am planning to pick 50SQFT 80MIL(approx 2 mm thick) Gorilla S D mats. Suggestions are appreciated.

Driving 2009 Accord EX 2.5 ltr 4Dr
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-21-2010, 11:36 AM
4th Gear

Never heard of that brand, and sound deadening is one place I'd be afraid to cheap out on.

They mention it's a butyl 'mixture' but I'm betting it's mostly asphalt-based like the cheaper deadeners out there. The higher-quality mats are butyl, the cheaper ones are asphalt. Just my opinion, but at those prices this is probably junk.

I've used with great results. You will pay a little more for it but it is quality stuff. I've heard nothing but great things about also, but it's pricey. I may try the SS this time around since I'm not covering as much area as my last car. Both of these are quality butyl mats.

2010 EX Sedan 5MT (CBP)
post #3 of 5 Old 04-25-2010, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Rock On!!

Thank you so much. I have decided to dig a little more into SS / Dynamat/ Rammat products.

Driving 2009 Accord EX 2.5 ltr 4Dr

post #4 of 5 Old 04-25-2010, 10:20 AM
4th Gear

Check out , they have some good stuff and reasonable prices. If nothing else just read what they have on the site. Lots of good info.

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6
Full HFP Lip Kit | Odyssey Lower Grille
ATLP J-Pipe & Test Pipe | Magnaflow CBE (with resonator delete)
5000k HIDs | Hoen Endurance Fogs | Interior & License Plate LEDs
Honda USB Audio Interface | WeatherTech Digital Liners
Crosstour Wood Grain | OEM Center Console Tray & Mat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-25-2010, 12:50 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by atk2008 View Post
Check out , they have some good stuff and reasonable prices. If nothing else just read what they have on the site. Lots of good info.
I liked his site better when it was a compendium of sound deadening/noise blocking 'tests' and information, and not a storefront.

But his current site is a definite reflection of the research he's done, and that's a good thing.

2010 EX Sedan 5MT (CBP)
Advertisement

Tags
dynamat, sound damping, sound deadning, sound proofing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.