Dual-lens Dash Cam w/backup - REVIEW - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 03-09-2017, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
Don't drink and drive

Garage
Dual-lens Dash Cam w/backup - REVIEW

I posted a while ago about the new dual lens dash/backup camera that I installed on my Accord. Installation was easy and cords were long enough to reach from front to back. However, while testing it, I was disappointed with pretty much everything about it. The main problem with these Chinese cheap cameras is the video quality.

1. The quality isn't 1080! It's hardly 480! And you know what, it still takes up as much memory as a 1080 would. A 9 second video takes up 1GB! That is useless as you can't really record while driving.

2. Night backup visibility is poor.

3. The backup screen should've been on the right side of the camera as it's too close in your face.

4. You can't use the rear camera as a back-up and rear cam. If you adjust it to record traffic in the rear, you can't see well when backing up. If you adjust it as a backup camera, you can't see the traffic coming from behind.

I'm returning it after about 1 month of use. Again, worthless to me. Get something better if you want to be able to record your driving. Stick to well known name brands and watch videos before purchasing.

Attached Images

2005 Honda Accord V6 LX - 177k
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2003 Ford F-150
2015 Rocky Mountain Soul (Runs on fat)

2005 Toyota Corolla
2011 Ninja 250R
2006 Cadillac CTS
1999 Nissan Altima

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Ordinary people have big TVs. Extraordinary people have big libraries." - Robin Sharma
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-09-2017, 10:17 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by salcuta View Post
I posted a while ago about the new dual lens dash/backup camera...
Where's this post? I'd like to check it out. Sorry that dash cam didn't work out for you.

2003 Accord Coupe EX-V6, Black, Automatic
post #3 of 4 Old 03-10-2017, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Don't drink and drive

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetaroy View Post
Where's this post? I'd like to check it out. Sorry that dash cam didn't work out for you.
I didn't create a thread about it. It was somewhere in the "So what did you do to your 7th Gen today..."

2005 Honda Accord V6 LX - 177k
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2003 Ford F-150
2015 Rocky Mountain Soul (Runs on fat)

2005 Toyota Corolla
2011 Ninja 250R
2006 Cadillac CTS
1999 Nissan Altima

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Ordinary people have big TVs. Extraordinary people have big libraries." - Robin Sharma

post #4 of 4 Old 03-10-2017, 05:11 PM
4th Gear

THINKWARE TW-F770 Dash Cam is the one I want.

2007 Accord Sedan i4 Alabaster Silver

AMR coil overs / Swift Springs 12k/8k
Weds Sport Tc105n 17x8 +42 square / PSS 225/45
TruHart front upper CA's / UR tower bar
Hardrace rear lateral links /rear upper CA's
Progress 22mm RSB
DBA T2 slotted front rotors, 6-6 calipers
6k DRL/6k Switchback TS/ Morimoto H1 Projector retrofit w/ 5500k
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.