Car stereo suggestions for 2004 Honda Accord - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 03-13-2010, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
My First Post

Car stereo suggestions for 2004 Honda Accord

Hi,

I've been looking to upgrade my car stereo in my 2004 Honda Accord for a while now. Currently I have a pretty standard 6 CD stereo system, with FM/AM. I'm looking to add an AUX port for my IPOD. What options do I have available?

I'm worried about replacing my entire dash, since it also acts as my temperature display. I also have control over volume, track, etc on my steering wheel that I would hope to keep on my new stereo.

I've attached a few pictures of my current system below. Any help would be appreciated. I'm not looking for anything too expensive, just something that allows me to play songs from my IPOD.

Thanks.

Attached Images
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-13-2010, 09:37 AM
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm

Look in the Audio and Electronics forum and read the FAQ on Aux Inputs and iPods. There is a link in my signature.

post #3 of 7 Old 03-14-2010, 08:30 AM
bodyboarder

Send a message via AIM to Rich Send a message via Yahoo to Rich Send a message via Skype™ to Rich
they make aftermarket kits for our cars. they make 2 diff ones. one replaces the factory radio up top and it retains the a/c controls. you have dual a/c controls so you'll need an extra harness to keep that retained.

the other kit they make puts the radio underneath the factory one and you lose your cubby/door. u got lucky, you dont have factory nav. factory nav cant be replaced b/c the a/c runs through it as well as its connected to the ECU.

check on cardomain and you can see the different kits and how they look with radios. they make an ipod adapter for our car through the factory radio which will charge the ipod as well as display text on the radio too. it's made by Peripheral Electronics. peripheralelectronics.com (i forget the part #).

Bye Bye Accord!!

Xbox Live Gamertag: BeachBum561FLA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 Old 03-14-2010, 09:38 AM
2nd Gear

post #5 of 7 Old 03-14-2010, 04:05 PM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post

the other kit they make puts the radio underneath the factory one and you lose your cubby/door. u got lucky, you dont have factory nav. factory nav cant be replaced b/c the a/c runs through it as well as its connected to the ECU.
if you go this route and put a unit in the chubby department will you still be able to control the unit with the steering wheel controls?
post #6 of 7 Old 03-14-2010, 06:23 PM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0h6coupe View Post
if you go this route and put a unit in the chubby department will you still be able to control the unit with the steering wheel controls?
it depends on how you wire it. the harness that comes with the metra and scosche kit does not have the wire for the steering wheel button. however, i looked up the wiring diagrams and added my own wires to the harness. So my steering wheel buttons still control the stock headunit, but I use my aftermarket radio for music anyways, so i dont even use those buttons anyways.

for future reference, please use the search function, there are numerous threads on this, some of which i have already explained all this in detail

2007 Acura TL Type-S
post #7 of 7 Old 03-15-2010, 10:55 AM
3rd Gear

Send a message via AIM to sirsaechao Send a message via MSN to sirsaechao Send a message via Yahoo to sirsaechao
Do not do the upper dash kit if you have dual climate control. That stupid harness turns it into a single climate control, no more temp gauge, steering wheel control unless you get a PAC add on to your deck. My A/C felt like a swamp cooler. After 3 weeks of it, I went back to stock.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.