Sports Flash and Traffic - Drive Accord Honda Forums |
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 12-27-2016, 03:18 AM Thread Starter
My First Post

Sports Flash and Traffic

So I have a 2017 Honda Accord Ex and the stereo has this sports flash. I can't find the info but how does this work and what markets is it available in? I'm in Cleveland Ohio and I do not think it is available here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #2 of 2 Old 12-27-2016, 05:59 AM
Elvira - the car

Welcome to the forum!

Sports Flash is an XMradio thing so you don't need to be in any specific market. Anywhere in the
US that you can get XM it will work.

Now the thing is that somehow you have to tell the XM receiver that you are interested in say the Cleveland Browns or Indians, Cavaliers. When they have a spectacular play, while being broadcast on the XM channels, it posts a message and allows you to hit a button and listen to the play. It's similar to the favorite song programming some XM receivers have. So if you are listening to Hootie and the Blowfish and the Indians make a spectacular play it'll alert you of the play then you can switch to that channel. Kinda neat!

If you already know all this excuse me for repeating it.

I would think that some papers you got with the new ride should explain HOW to do it.

Now the rub. Acura had this but only certain model levels offered it.

Do you know for sure that the EX allows the operation of this service?

This is for a separate XM receiver but it should be similar to what is in the car. pg 58 explains what to do.

Let us know if it works for you.

2013 EX-L V6/6A (no nav) sedan CBP
"vita est brevis, vado pro V6" - Me
"Speak only when you feel that your words are better than your silence." - Anonymous
"Either write something worth reading, or do something worth writing."- Benjamin Franklin
"Never walk past a mistake " - Colin Powell, retired four-star General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.