FAQ: 7th Gen Accord Aux Audio Input/Audio Accessories/iPod & Zune Connection Kits - Page 6 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #76 of 80 Old 01-01-2011, 01:53 AM Thread Starter
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItaloFM View Post
Hi Hillstones!
I have the SAME exact scenario as HondaCigarMan.

I purchased the MB-1500 with the BT option. I was once able to play my iPod in a different mode that popped up which I believe is what you mentioned as CD-Changer emulation, but I have NO CLUE on how to get it there again. It was during the installation and testing process, I change it to something else and I just cant get it to work again.

All I remember is that a second CD-Something tab was then displayed by the CD-CHG, I clicked on it and my iPod was working perfect and when calls came in, the iPod would stop the BT would kick in and just work like it should.

Any idea on how I get that second CD- tab to pop-up in there?

Thanks a LOT!
Press the CD/Aux button. It should toggle between CD for your internal CD player and CD-C for the Mediabridge device. If it no longer toggles between CD and CD-C, there is something wrong with the Mediabridge.

Advertisement

post #77 of 80 Old 01-01-2011, 01:57 AM Thread Starter
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothonda View Post
hey,

I have a 2003 honda accord EX-V6. After getting rear ended my cd player has stopped working and when i press the cd button it does not even power up, radio still works. I think my cds got jumbled up. So I was thinking about adding an auxiliary to my car so i can play music though my ipod.

If i were to add the auxiliary option to my car, will the cd/aux button start working again to allow me to use the aux option?

Another thing is that all i would like to add is just an aux option in which i can plug my ipod in through its headphone jack because my head unit does not support aux text anyways, this would allow me to not have issues playing music if i choose to buy a new iphone in the future. Also i have read some reviews for a lot of different products in which they say that some of the units do not always power up when needed or it shuts off when you turn on your head lights...ect.

So now that i'm getting to the point......my question to the forum is: Which product will be best for me to add an AUX function to my car without being faulty and shutting off randomly?
Go to logjamelectronics.com and browse the Aux Input Converter section for Honda. That is what you are looking for. I have not heard of the problems you have described. Sounds like people didn't know how to install them correctly. If you got rearended by someone, tell their insurance company that your CD player stopped working after the accident (since it is a changer model and more prone to malfunction in a collision) and they should replace the stereo. When you add an Aux Input Converter, the CD/Aux button will toggle between the in-dash CD and the converter, which will appear as CD-C. If your CD changer no longer works, it will go directly to CD-C only.

post #78 of 80 Old 01-03-2011, 06:07 PM
1st Gear

yea the insurance company gave me BS about how the changer was in my dash and the impact can;t travel up the car and cause the player to stop working, even thought that is what must have happened because it was working right before the accident and then not all of a sudden after the accident!!

The negative reviews i found were on amazon where ppl where saying it did not always turn on for the blitz product:

its good to know that if i put this aux option in my radio it will still be operational since my head unit is not responding to the cd button currently!!

post #79 of 80 Old 01-08-2011, 04:54 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for all your help here guys. I got my HON/M Link 1 V.2 adapter for my iPod Touch last week. Today I followed the posted guide on taking out the center console compartment and hooked it up. It was so super easy following that guide I got done in just over an hour. Now I can listen to my music and audiobooks through my car stereo! Awesome.
post #80 of 80 Old 01-26-2011, 11:15 PM
Kenki

I just bought an accord 2005 without XM radio and would like to hook my iphone 4 to the car stereo. I'm hoping somebody can give me recommendation on which product to go for.

I need to have the option to..
1. Listen to songs in iphone4
2. Charge phone
3. Able to control iphone and have remote control on steering wheel

Nice to have..
bluetooth? ( if its not too much more expansive than other options)

THanks!
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.