FAQ: 7th Gen Accord Aux Audio Input/Audio Accessories/iPod & Zune Connection Kits - Page 5 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #61 of 80 Old 11-19-2010, 01:22 AM
AccordIan Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhawk1 View Post
I've done about 2 weeks of research on this Ipod hookup thing, bothered Hillstones to no end, and for anyone in my shoes sake, I'm posting what seems to be correct.

My car:
2007 Accord EX-L
No Navigation
XM-ready (has the button)

I don't really use playlists on my Ipod. My basic listening experience consists of me finding an artist I want to hear, listening to a few songs, and finding another artist to listen to. The last after market stereo I had in my old civic had an Ipod hookup. The only problem was that to scroll required a button press. With 1000's of artists this was cumbersome if not impossible (i.e. there was no hold down option for fast scrolling like the Ipod wheel turn). It seems years later that for all these aftermarket choices (dice, usaSpec, PXAMG), this problem has still not been fixed. For me that means that direct Ipod control is essential. That being said I'd like to maintain as many of the other features as possible. Including:
-Text display
-Charging
-Wheel controls (simply to change the song and/or volume

After looking into this its seems like the new(er) Dice Silverline Pro accomplishes all these goals. There is a "Smart" mode which enables the user to control the Ipod directly (by toggling between the "locked" and "unlocked" switch on the top of the Ipod) but also maintains text on the stereo display, and allows for radio button (read steering wheel) controls to work as well all while being charged (through the bottom connection).

If anyone has the Silverline Pro edition and finds this to be untrue, please let me know. I've buried myself in these forums and am at the point where I'm about to just buy the first thing I see.

Hope this helps for anyone, and also works for me.
I have the exact same setup ('07, ex-l, xm, no nav). I'd like to add an aux device; specifically, I want to hook up my iphone. I'd also like it to charge, be able to make calls (with auto-mute), stream a2dp when I don't feel like plugging my phone in, and retain all the factory stuff (keep xm, use the steering wheel controls). Does anyone have any experience with a system that does all these things? I think the Parrot mki9100 + Parrot Unika would do it, but I haven't had a chance to talk to them yet. Anyone have any experience with either/both of these products?

Advertisement

post #62 of 80 Old 11-19-2010, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiGuy View Post
I have the exact same setup ('07, ex-l, xm, no nav). I'd like to add an aux device; specifically, I want to hook up my iphone. I'd also like it to charge, be able to make calls (with auto-mute), stream a2dp when I don't feel like plugging my phone in, and retain all the factory stuff (keep xm, use the steering wheel controls). Does anyone have any experience with a system that does all these things? I think the Parrot mki9100 + Parrot Unika would do it, but I haven't had a chance to talk to them yet. Anyone have any experience with either/both of these products?
You might want to look at the Dice MediaBridge since it has bluetooth.

post #63 of 80 Old 11-19-2010, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhawk1 View Post
I've done about 2 weeks of research on this Ipod hookup thing, bothered Hillstones to no end, and for anyone in my shoes sake, I'm posting what seems to be correct.

My car:
2007 Accord EX-L
No Navigation
XM-ready (has the button)

I don't really use playlists on my Ipod. My basic listening experience consists of me finding an artist I want to hear, listening to a few songs, and finding another artist to listen to. The last after market stereo I had in my old civic had an Ipod hookup. The only problem was that to scroll required a button press. With 1000's of artists this was cumbersome if not impossible (i.e. there was no hold down option for fast scrolling like the Ipod wheel turn). It seems years later that for all these aftermarket choices (dice, usaSpec, PXAMG), this problem has still not been fixed. For me that means that direct Ipod control is essential. That being said I'd like to maintain as many of the other features as possible. Including:
-Text display
-Charging
-Wheel controls (simply to change the song and/or volume

After looking into this its seems like the new(er) Dice Silverline Pro accomplishes all these goals. There is a "Smart" mode which enables the user to control the Ipod directly (by toggling between the "locked" and "unlocked" switch on the top of the Ipod) but also maintains text on the stereo display, and allows for radio button (read steering wheel) controls to work as well all while being charged (through the bottom connection).

If anyone has the Silverline Pro edition and finds this to be untrue, please let me know. I've buried myself in these forums and am at the point where I'm about to just buy the first thing I see.

Hope this helps for anyone, and also works for me.
One thing worth mentioning is that the Dice Silverline doesn't have very good text display. It will display "Album * Artist" in the Name field. You can search by Artist, but you won't see the Artist name on the display since the Album name is displayed first. That is why I hated the Dice unit.

post #64 of 80 Old 11-22-2010, 09:17 PM
AccordIan Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstones View Post
You might want to look at the Dice MediaBridge since it has bluetooth.
Looks like the DICE MEDIABRIDGE for HONDA, the Parrot mki9000 + parrot unika, or the NEO GATEWAY PODHD1GV6 will all accomplish what I want. Anyone have any experience with any of these? Any advice on which one to get?
post #65 of 80 Old 11-22-2010, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Looks like the DICE MEDIABRIDGE for HONDA, the Parrot mki9000 + parrot unika, or the NEO GATEWAY PODHD1GV6 will all accomplish what I want. Anyone have any experience with any of these? Any advice on which one to get?
Here is a review on the Dice MediaBridge
DICE MEDIABRIDGE FOR HONDA w/BLUETOOTH- A REVIEW
post #66 of 80 Old 11-23-2010, 10:26 AM
AccordIan Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstones View Post
Here is a review on the Dice MediaBridge
DICE MEDIABRIDGE FOR HONDA w/BLUETOOTH- A REVIEW
From Dice Tech support, re: MediaBridge: Text will only be displayed if you get rid of XM.
post #67 of 80 Old 12-06-2010, 11:27 PM
Out of Control

im looking for a way to hook up my ipod touch 3g. which one of the choices would you guys recommend? my most important priority is good quality sound, i dont want there to be static or hissing. 2nd priority is able to see the song/artist display on my navigation unit. 3rd priority is being able to charge the ipod.

what do you guys think?

2007 Acura TL Type-S
post #68 of 80 Old 12-08-2010, 09:27 AM
1st Gear

Totally awesome thread hillstone, thank you. I just picked up a new iPod Touch G4 and want to play my files through my car speakers. After some short searching I came across this site. (My wife drives a '10 Ridgeline and we are on their owners club site so I looked for an Accord one)

Anyway, I have an '06 Accord LX, standard stereo, no nav, no changer, no XM. Just has the button "CD/AUX". So this should be a fairly straight forward install for me. All I really want is to hear the music through the speakers, don't care about controlling the device from the car, or charging it. Charging it would be a nice option, but not a must. I figure an AUX will leave me the option of using the iPod or an MP3 player. If there is a setup that has both iPod connector for charging, and Aux, that would be fine.

I think I found pretty much everything I need here on this site. I just want to confirm some info before I move forward. First off, will this guide work for my particular car?
It looks like it from the pictures and instructions, but he says that was an '03 so wanted to make sure.
Also, which exact product am I wanting to go with for my needs? Will the "Blitzsafe HON/AUX DMX V.2X" listed in the guide work in my car? Is there something that has both Aux and iPod connector for charging? I would like to keep my cost under $100.

Thanks for the help
post #69 of 80 Old 12-08-2010, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
From Dice Tech support, re: MediaBridge: Text will only be displayed if you get rid of XM.
Correct, that is the major limitation to the Dice unit. The iSimple is the kit of choice for those with XM-ready stereos.
post #70 of 80 Old 12-08-2010, 11:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyanG View Post
Totally awesome thread hillstone, thank you. I just picked up a new iPod Touch G4 and want to play my files through my car speakers. After some short searching I came across this site. (My wife drives a '10 Ridgeline and we are on their owners club site so I looked for an Accord one)

Anyway, I have an '06 Accord LX, standard stereo, no nav, no changer, no XM. Just has the button "CD/AUX". So this should be a fairly straight forward install for me. All I really want is to hear the music through the speakers, don't care about controlling the device from the car, or charging it. Charging it would be a nice option, but not a must. I figure an AUX will leave me the option of using the iPod or an MP3 player. If there is a setup that has both iPod connector for charging, and Aux, that would be fine.

I think I found pretty much everything I need here on this site. I just want to confirm some info before I move forward. First off, will this guide work for my particular car?
It looks like it from the pictures and instructions, but he says that was an '03 so wanted to make sure.
Also, which exact product am I wanting to go with for my needs? Will the "Blitzsafe HON/AUX DMX V.2X" listed in the guide work in my car? Is there something that has both Aux and iPod connector for charging? I would like to keep my cost under $100.

Thanks for the help
Beaufordbuddy's guide can be used for your vehicle. Since you don't have XM or Navi, the connector is probably on the bottom of the stereo. It should be unoccupied as well. This Blitzsafe will work with your Accord:

It is the same one you referenced above. You won't find an iPod plus Aux kit for under $100 unless you shop for something used on eBay. The Blitz will charge the iPod and connect using the Dock connector. However, there is no stereo control of the iPod. You have control from the iPod only.
post #71 of 80 Old 12-10-2010, 07:05 AM
1st Gear

Great, thank you Hillstone. After some consideration, and seeing how quickly the battery drains when the iPod is used, I'm thinking of going iPod connector. So thanks for the link to that Hon M-Link part. Seeing as it's almost $100, is an adapter with both the 30pin and aux around that price, or do they jump up significantly?

Thanks again for all the fantastic help.
post #72 of 80 Old 12-17-2010, 07:03 AM
1st Gear

Ok everyone, all these options are leaving me extremely confused. Here is what I'd like to be able to do:
I have a 2007 Honda Accord EX-L w/ Nav and XM Satellite Radio. I’m looking at the MediaBridge WITH Bluetooth. I have an iPhone 4. I would like the ability to do the following:
-charge the iPhone
-play music through the iPod app in my car speakers
-Bluetooth phone conversations through the speakers
-also be able to listen to other apps through the speakers (such as Pandora, ESPN Radio app, etc and other audio streaming apps)

I also must maintain Satellite radio functionality. Will the Media Bridge let me do all of this? If not, is there something that will?

Thanks!

UPDATE: Ugh, looks like with the Media Bridge I must disconnect the XM which is NOT an option. Bluetooth would be a nice feature to have, but in the end, isn't required. I'm mainly interested in the ability to play my music off my iphone while charging it and being able to listen to other apps through the speakers as well.
post #73 of 80 Old 12-21-2010, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaCigarMan View Post
Ok everyone, all these options are leaving me extremely confused. Here is what I'd like to be able to do:
I have a 2007 Honda Accord EX-L w/ Nav and XM Satellite Radio. Im looking at the MediaBridge WITH Bluetooth. I have an iPhone 4. I would like the ability to do the following:
-charge the iPhone
-play music through the iPod app in my car speakers
-Bluetooth phone conversations through the speakers
-also be able to listen to other apps through the speakers (such as Pandora, ESPN Radio app, etc and other audio streaming apps)

I also must maintain Satellite radio functionality. Will the Media Bridge let me do all of this? If not, is there something that will?

Thanks!

UPDATE: Ugh, looks like with the Media Bridge I must disconnect the XM which is NOT an option. Bluetooth would be a nice feature to have, but in the end, isn't required. I'm mainly interested in the ability to play my music off my iphone while charging it and being able to listen to other apps through the speakers as well.
If you want text display, which ****s on the Dice, you must disconnect your XM tuner. The text display was one feature that I hated on the Dice. If you don't need Bluetooth, then get the iSimple kit. Far better than the Dice unit. By the way, the Dice unit can be used with your XM, but you must configure it for CD-Changer emulation, with no text display. Also, the Bluetooth on the MediaBridge will only interrupt your music if the MediaBridge is the source you are listening to. So if you are listening to XM, CD, or AM/FM, the music will continue to play. You have to switch to the MediaBridge source before you can answer to hear your call.
post #74 of 80 Old 12-31-2010, 07:34 AM
My First Post

Mb-1500

Hi Hillstones!
I have the SAME exact scenario as HondaCigarMan.

I purchased the MB-1500 with the BT option. I was once able to play my iPod in a different mode that popped up which I believe is what you mentioned as CD-Changer emulation, but I have NO CLUE on how to get it there again. It was during the installation and testing process, I change it to something else and I just can’t get it to work again.

All I remember is that a second CD-Something tab was then displayed by the CD-CHG, I clicked on it and my iPod was working perfect and when calls came in, the iPod would stop the BT would kick in and just work like it should.

Any idea on how I get that second CD- tab to pop-up in there?

Thanks a LOT!
post #75 of 80 Old 12-31-2010, 11:47 AM
1st Gear

hey,

I have a 2003 honda accord EX-V6. After getting rear ended my cd player has stopped working and when i press the cd button it does not even power up, radio still works. I think my cds got jumbled up. So I was thinking about adding an auxiliary to my car so i can play music though my ipod.

If i were to add the auxiliary option to my car, will the cd/aux button start working again to allow me to use the aux option?

Another thing is that all i would like to add is just an aux option in which i can plug my ipod in through its headphone jack because my head unit does not support aux text anyways, this would allow me to not have issues playing music if i choose to buy a new iphone in the future. Also i have read some reviews for a lot of different products in which they say that some of the units do not always power up when needed or it shuts off when you turn on your head lights...ect.

So now that i'm getting to the point......my question to the forum is: Which product will be best for me to add an AUX function to my car without being faulty and shutting off randomly?

Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.