FAQ: 7th Gen Accord Aux Audio Input/Audio Accessories/iPod & Zune Connection Kits - Page 4 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #46 of 80 Old 08-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Chillin

bump!

2006 Accord Coupe
V6 6Speed
Taffeta White
Eibach Springs
K&N SRI
Toyo Tires 225/45 R18
Pioneer3200 DVD
Focal Front and Rear speakers
900/5 Jl HD amp
2 Jl W0
Advertisement

post #47 of 80 Old 08-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Chillin

bumping =(

2006 Accord Coupe
V6 6Speed
Taffeta White
Eibach Springs
K&N SRI
Toyo Tires 225/45 R18
Pioneer3200 DVD
900/5 Jl HD amp
2 Jl W0
post #48 of 80 Old 09-14-2010, 11:18 AM
1st Gear

I've done about 2 weeks of research on this Ipod hookup thing, bothered Hillstones to no end, and for anyone in my shoes sake, I'm posting what seems to be correct.

My car:
2007 Accord EX-L
No Navigation
XM-ready (has the button)

I don't really use playlists on my Ipod. My basic listening experience consists of me finding an artist I want to hear, listening to a few songs, and finding another artist to listen to. The last after market stereo I had in my old civic had an Ipod hookup. The only problem was that to scroll required a button press. With 1000's of artists this was cumbersome if not impossible (i.e. there was no hold down option for fast scrolling like the Ipod wheel turn). It seems years later that for all these aftermarket choices (dice, usaSpec, PXAMG), this problem has still not been fixed. For me that means that direct Ipod control is essential. That being said I'd like to maintain as many of the other features as possible. Including:
-Text display
-Charging
-Wheel controls (simply to change the song and/or volume

After looking into this its seems like the new(er) Dice Silverline Pro accomplishes all these goals. There is a "Smart" mode which enables the user to control the Ipod directly (by toggling between the "locked" and "unlocked" switch on the top of the Ipod) but also maintains text on the stereo display, and allows for radio button (read steering wheel) controls to work as well all while being charged (through the bottom connection).

If anyone has the Silverline Pro edition and finds this to be untrue, please let me know. I've buried myself in these forums and am at the point where I'm about to just buy the first thing I see.

Hope this helps for anyone, and also works for me.

post #49 of 80 Old 09-18-2010, 11:32 PM
1st Gear

I know PErsonally My HU has the 14-Pin connector on the bottom side instead of the back side

2006 Accord EX Auto(Fail) 4Cyl
Non-Navi without sixdisc
35% Tint Windshield-20% Tint Driver and Passanger 5% tint on Back Half
2 10" Memphis PR's

soon to come
Retrofit
post #50 of 80 Old 09-19-2010, 01:31 AM Thread Starter
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhm4872 View Post
I know PErsonally My HU has the 14-Pin connector on the bottom side instead of the back side
Single CD and non-XM models have the connector on the bottom. All others are at the rear. Navi models are up high and require the removal of the entire stereo.
post #51 of 80 Old 09-19-2010, 01:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatster View Post
So since i have an 06 Ex 6speed manual trani i basically dont have to disconnect right? (just making sure), and my 06 has 6cd changer cd/aux/xm with steering wheel control, do u recommend dice? Or whats your best recommendation so i can still have text display 3.5mm aux and steering wheel control for my ipod
The iSimple has better text display than the Dice. They all have a miniplug Aux input. You don't have to disconnect the battery to install it. You are not cutting any wires, just plugging it in.
post #52 of 80 Old 10-04-2010, 09:03 PM
My First Post

Just bought a 2003 Accord EX, with the factory stereo, no Nav. All I want is the ability to hook up my ipod via the headphone jack, I don't really care about being able to charge or control the ipod thru the bottom connector. I was looking at the which appears to be just what I need, but then I came across the which seems to have the same basic functionality but isn't compatible with any optional iPod interface adapter, which isn't an issue for me. If I don't care about interface functionality at all is there any reason not to get the ? $65 isn't out of my price range but if I could spend $50 for the same end result I'd obviously choose that option.

thanks!
post #53 of 80 Old 10-05-2010, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by turketron View Post
Just bought a 2003 Accord EX, with the factory stereo, no Nav. All I want is the ability to hook up my ipod via the headphone jack, I don't really care about being able to charge or control the ipod thru the bottom connector. I was looking at the which appears to be just what I need, but then I came across the which seems to have the same basic functionality but isn't compatible with any optional iPod interface adapter, which isn't an issue for me. If I don't care about interface functionality at all is there any reason not to get the ? $65 isn't out of my price range but if I could spend $50 for the same end result I'd obviously choose that option.

thanks!
The CLR one will do what you need to do. It is on clearance, which may explain the price reduction.
post #54 of 80 Old 10-23-2010, 11:53 AM
1st Gear

help please

im stuck. i have the grom audio adapter and it comes with a 14 pin male connect and 14 pin female. i already have the male connecter in but there is no place for me to insert the female connector. do i just leave it disconnected?? its an 05 accord lx with no navi or xm or 6cd changer. The adapter installed without the 14 pin female connector, its not working. I'm not even able to go to aux. The radio and in-dash cd player still works but it wont recognize the mp3 input... what am i forgeting?

everything looks just like this picture minus the connection for the 14 pin female connector to go to [top right].
post #55 of 80 Old 10-23-2010, 12:19 PM
1st Gear

fixed!!! turn the car on for the unit to recognize the mp3 input.
post #56 of 80 Old 10-24-2010, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smykhaisouk View Post
im stuck. i have the grom audio adapter and it comes with a 14 pin male connect and 14 pin female. i already have the male connecter in but there is no place for me to insert the female connector. do i just leave it disconnected?? its an 05 accord lx with no navi or xm or 6cd changer. The adapter installed without the 14 pin female connector, its not working. I'm not even able to go to aux. The radio and in-dash cd player still works but it wont recognize the mp3 input... what am i forgeting?

everything looks just like this picture minus the connection for the 14 pin female connector to go to [top right].
Since you don't have XM or Navi, the pass-through Aux connector is not used, unless you had an additional aux source, like the Honda OEM tape deck or in-dash auxiliary 6-CD changer.
post #57 of 80 Old 10-24-2010, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatster View Post
So since i have an 06 Ex 6speed manual trani i basically dont have to disconnect right? (just making sure), and my 06 has 6cd changer cd/aux/xm with steering wheel control, do u recommend dice? Or whats your best recommendation so i can still have text display 3.5mm aux and steering wheel control for my ipod
I would get the iSimple over the Dice since you have an XM-Ready head unit.
post #58 of 80 Old 10-24-2010, 04:25 PM
Chillin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstones View Post
I would get the iSimple over the Dice since you have an XM-Ready head unit.
I ended up getting a pioneer 3200DVD

2006 Accord Coupe
V6 6Speed
Taffeta White
Eibach Springs
K&N SRI
Toyo Tires 225/45 R18
Pioneer3200 DVD
900/5 Jl HD amp
2 Jl W0
post #59 of 80 Old 10-26-2010, 05:43 PM
My First Post

My 2003 Accord V6 Coupe has the standard radio with the 6 CD internal changer (no nav, no factory XM). I bought a Logjam CPHONAUX3.5 input converter so I could play my XM or my iPod thru the radio.

I followed the excellent instructions presented here to install it but when I push the "CD/Aux" button, the unit never changes over to the aux unit. Am I missing something? Or doing something wrong?
post #60 of 80 Old 11-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Surgerizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubitz View Post
My 2003 Accord V6 Coupe has the standard radio with the 6 CD internal changer (no nav, no factory XM). I bought a Logjam CPHONAUX3.5 input converter so I could play my XM or my iPod thru the radio.

I followed the excellent instructions presented here to install it but when I push the "CD/Aux" button, the unit never changes over to the aux unit. Am I missing something? Or doing something wrong?

I have your stereo (6 disc, no XM/NAV) and just bought/installed the USA*SPEC ipod adapter a week ago. It works well...when it wants to. The CD/Aux button nothing happens. Sometimes when you plug the iphone in it turns on right away. I can't get it to go to CD 7. The way I originally worked around it was to have 1 CD in so that the CD interface could be loaded. Now that doesnt work.

Any tips? I took everything apart today to make sure everything was in secure.

Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.