FAQ: 7th Gen Accord Aux Audio Input/Audio Accessories/iPod & Zune Connection Kits - Page 3 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #31 of 80 Old 06-19-2010, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancalagon View Post
So I have an '04 EX-L V6 Manual with the premium sound package, no navigation. I'm looking at this item:

I like it because it has both an iPod dock connector for integrated controls, but also a 3.5mm AUX jack which I can use with my Zune or laptop or other device. Has anybody bought one of these particular models and installed them? Do I lose usage of my CD changer, or just when the iPod is plugged in and active?
The in dash CD player/changer will not be affected since it is built-in to the head unit.

All iPod connection kits that I referenced have a miniplug Aux input. The device will appear as an external CD changer, with no affect on the built-in CD changer. Your radio display will show CD for the built-in changer and CD-C for the iPod or Aux source.

Advertisement

post #32 of 80 Old 06-19-2010, 10:59 PM
1st Gear

I'm trying to track down information on whether this unit has an appreciable hiss or low level static, but have been pretty unsuccessful so far. My #1 requirement in any Aux device, iPod or 3.5mm, is that it be silent or as near silent as possible. Do you have any recommendations in that regard?

post #33 of 80 Old 06-28-2010, 05:04 PM
1st Gear

bro you are the man. you just answered like 1/2 of my audio questions in this 1 thread

post #34 of 80 Old 06-29-2010, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancalagon View Post
I'm trying to track down information on whether this unit has an appreciable hiss or low level static, but have been pretty unsuccessful so far. My #1 requirement in any Aux device, iPod or 3.5mm, is that it be silent or as near silent as possible. Do you have any recommendations in that regard?
None of them have any hiss or low level static.
post #35 of 80 Old 06-29-2010, 12:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcdonald87 View Post
bro you are the man. you just answered like 1/2 of my audio questions in this 1 thread
Cool deal. Glad that people have found the thread useful.
post #36 of 80 Old 07-21-2010, 07:06 PM
1st Gear

I have a 03 accord Ex without xm or navigation and i was wondering if anyone has tried this in their car.

I am mostly interested in it charging my ipod and using my steering controls.
I dont know if anyone has been able to find one that can also get the text to display on the screen on a non nav and non xm radio?

I would appreciate any help

I also have the 6cd changer unit, from what i have read dice doesn't work with it?

would this work for what im trying to do?

or this

post #37 of 80 Old 07-21-2010, 11:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnv621 View Post
I have a 03 accord Ex without xm or navigation and i was wondering if anyone has tried this in their car.

I am mostly interested in it charging my ipod and using my steering controls.
I dont know if anyone has been able to find one that can also get the text to display on the screen on a non nav and non xm radio?

I would appreciate any help

I also have the 6cd changer unit, from what i have read dice doesn't work with it?

would this work for what im trying to do?

or this

The Dice Electronics Silverline iPod Connection kit works great in the '03 Accord. Whoever told you it did not work was wrong. I have the Dice Silverline in my 03 Accord and it is very reliable with excellent sound quality. I think what you are referring to is the 2002 and earlier Accords with the in-dash 6CD stereo. Those Accords with the in-dash 6CD stereo cannot use any aux kit because those stereos do not have an aux connector.

Without an XM-ready stereo, you cannot display text from the iPod, no matter what kit you have. The only way the iPod can display text is by emulating the XM radio. Without XM, the iPod will emulate an external CD Changer without text display. The Dice Silverline will let you choose playlists, artists, or albums simply by changing the CD disc number. Your in-dash 6CD changer will continue to work like it always did. Your display will show CD for the in-dash changer and CD-C for the iPod.
post #38 of 80 Old 07-22-2010, 09:57 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstones View Post
The Dice Electronics Silverline iPod Connection kit works great in the '03 Accord. Whoever told you it did not work was wrong. I have the Dice Silverline in my 03 Accord and it is very reliable with excellent sound quality. I think what you are referring to is the 2002 and earlier Accords with the in-dash 6CD stereo. Those Accords with the in-dash 6CD stereo cannot use any aux kit because those stereos do not have an aux connector.

Without an XM-ready stereo, you cannot display text from the iPod, no matter what kit you have. The only way the iPod can display text is by emulating the XM radio. Without XM, the iPod will emulate an external CD Changer without text display. The Dice Silverline will let you choose playlists, artists, or albums simply by changing the CD disc number. Your in-dash 6CD changer will continue to work like it always did. Your display will show CD for the in-dash changer and CD-C for the iPod.
Thanks so much for clearing that up for me. I bought the DICE for 144. I cant wait to install it. As my subs and amp are getting installed as we speak.
post #39 of 80 Old 07-24-2010, 03:22 PM
2004 Accord LX

Help please

Hi all, this threat has been incredibly helpful, but I am having no luck in getting my new adapter to work. Just bought the Scosche AXHA2, opened the console with no issues, plugged it in, but nothing happens when I press AUX. I tried disconnecting the radio harness (as Scosche tech support suggested), as well as taking out the fuse, and disconnecting the battery. Clock and stations reset, but still not recognizing the box. I tried running my MP3 player into the RCA plugs while turning on the stereo, but still doesn't recognize it.

I have a 2004 LX, 1-CD player, no Nav. I should mention that I've been having what seems to be a ground problem with the radio for a while, where it randomly loses power about once per trip, and spontaneously comes back on a few seconds to an hour later. Also, the package was beat up pretty badly by UPS, but I don't want to blame them right out (the contents looked fine, but I'm not about to open the casing to check the wiring).

So my question: I already confirmed this is the right set to use. Specific to this unit, should I be using AUX1 or AUX2, or does it matter? I have ignored the Positive and Negative Ground Activation wires, as they seem to only be for a CD-changer. Should I be doing something with them? And does anyone have any tips for further troubleshooting, to check whether it's my car or the adapter that's not working right?

Thanks! If I get any useful info from Scosche (it's Saturday today), I'll post it in case others buy the same one.
post #40 of 80 Old 07-26-2010, 07:49 AM
2004 Accord LX

Just as I filled out the RMA to return this unit and uninstall it, I tried starting up the radio... it works! I think the damage it took during shipping loosened some important wires, as things were still choppy as I taped everything in place.

Anyone else buying this unit (Scosche AXHA2, Amazon.com for $80-90): it seems to work fine with AUX2, which involves completing the brown loop and disconnecting the white, then using the red and white RCA cables. I haven't tried AUX1 again, as it's working fine now and I don't want to mess anything up further.
post #41 of 80 Old 07-26-2010, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

I have never seen that unit before, and a google search didn't come up with much results for product info, not even from Scosche. The instructions should tell you how to connect it. I have never seen one that has power and ground activation wires. What did the manual say about that? All other Aux/iPod kits get their power directly from the 14-pin connector on the stereo, no additional wiring necessary. Others are simply plug and play. Perhaps Aux 1 is for the aftermarket CD changer and Aux 2 is for any other source.

If you just wanted an Aux input, this would have been a better choice:
post #42 of 80 Old 07-27-2010, 05:43 AM
2004 Accord LX

You can find it here:

The manual doesn't say a whole lot, it's just a single sheet with some basic info (if you're interested: ). This product has 2 inputs, either a CD changer + AUX, or 2 AUX inputs, and it seems that the extra wiring is to allow automatic activation of one of them when the CD changer is on. Just using a single AUX input doesn't need any of those extras, except to connect one of the external loops and not the other one. So yes, more complicated than I really needed, but I have it now and it's working. Next time I'll do more research first .
post #43 of 80 Old 08-02-2010, 08:39 PM
1st Gear

Excellent post. I have an 07 EX-L with XM but no Nav. I see that there are units that display track info, but do any of them allow control on the steering wheel/head unit.
I might have missed it in the post...

07' Accord EX-L 2.4L I4 Alabaster Silver
99' Solara 3.0L V6 SE
post #44 of 80 Old 08-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Chillin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstones View Post
They always recommend it as a pre-caution. It can be done while the battery is connected. However, the last time I was in that area to install my XM radio in my cubby, I managed to blow a fuse without realizing it. You have to disconnect the 12v accessory to remove the panels in the area. instead of using the manual release for the shifter, I turned the key on and pushed the brake to release the transmission. Once you do that, you cannot turn the key off. Somehow I grounded out the 12v accessory since the harness plug was exposed and blew the fuse. I didn't realize what I had done since I had done it many times before without a problem. I thought I fried something, then checked the fuses.

So you can leave the battery connected, but use the manual release for your transmission shifter. There is a small square trim panel next to the P. Pop that out with a small flathead screwdriver and push your key in the slot. That will release the transmission without turning on the key and pressing the brake. With the key off, the 12v accessory won't have power and you shouldn't risk blowing a fuse. Just plug in your iPod kit, test it first, then reassemble.
So since i have an 06 Ex 6speed manual trani i basically dont have to disconnect right? (just making sure), and my 06 has 6cd changer cd/aux/xm with steering wheel control, do u recommend dice? Or whats your best recommendation so i can still have text display 3.5mm aux and steering wheel control for my ipod

2006 Accord Coupe
V6 6Speed
Taffeta White
Eibach Springs
K&N SRI
Toyo Tires 225/45 R18
Pioneer3200 DVD
Focal Front and Rear speakers
900/5 Jl HD amp
2 Jl W0
post #45 of 80 Old 08-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Chillin

bump

2006 Accord Coupe
V6 6Speed
Taffeta White
Eibach Springs
K&N SRI
Toyo Tires 225/45 R18
Pioneer3200 DVD
Focal Front and Rear speakers
900/5 Jl HD amp
2 Jl W0
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.