Rexing V1 2.7" Dash Camera - Review and Install - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
12Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 02-23-2016, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Yo Yo Ma

Rexing V1 2.7" Dash Camera - Review and Install

So I finally decided to purchase a dash camera with the crazy stories I have seen on here about hit'n runs, not at-fault accidents and rims getting stolen I thought it was time to install one. Just a quick background I purchased both the dash camera and the micro sd card from Amazon the links are below. I went with the Rexing because I hate the suction cup dash camera look so wanted something that would be almost hard to see.

Total came out to 111.62

Install Time: 30-45 minutes

I have removed my interior trim before when I wrapped my interior so that made things a little bit easier. It is very simple there are only 2 screws the rest are clips that just need to be popped out. If you need further help with removing the interior trim check this video out

Removing the trim

Running the power cable through

Check this video out to access the cabin air filter compartment. Here is the

Now let me just show a quick layout of where I ran the cable through.

This was by far the hardest part to get the wire through I ended up using a coat hanger to snake it through it was a tight fit.

Sorry this is just a picture of the pillar but all I did at this part was tuck the wire in with a flat head screw driver.

Tucked wire into head liner, this part was very easy the headliner was not that difficult to pry to slip the wire.

Since I don't use the 12V power outlet in the arm rest console I unscrewed it and just zip tied it below.

Used some electric tape to secure the power connection so no chance of it loosening up.

Zip tied the extra power cable to some existing cables.

Camera mounted and powered

Outside view

Below are some clips that I pulled, the quality of the video is more grainy then what it actually is since the camera records in 1080p. I think upload caused it to appear the way it does and I also had to remove the audio because I had music playing YouTube kept giving copyright notices.

LatinCT2, Alpinekev and keyun21 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Suzuki SV650S - Sold

1991 Honda Civic 5MT - Sold
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hashamhk For This Useful Post:
Achtung (02-23-2016), enne (03-18-2016), Victor_361 (02-24-2016)
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 02-23-2016, 06:26 PM
6th Gear

Send a message via AIM to vasekvi Send a message via Yahoo to vasekvi
Nice writeup! I have front and rear cameras. Friends think I'm crazy but I don't care.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Alpinekev likes this.

My 2003 SSM Sedan Build Thread

The Following User Says Thank You to vasekvi For This Useful Post:
hashamhk (02-24-2016)
post #3 of 21 Old 02-23-2016, 06:51 PM
Dsclmr:DIY YourOwnRisks

Thanks for sharing.
The Following User Says Thank You to acutee For This Useful Post:
hashamhk (02-24-2016)

post #4 of 21 Old 02-23-2016, 07:08 PM
4th Gear

Great writeup, thanks for posting this! Does anyone have any specific experiences where the dash cam in their 9th gen Accord came in handy (enough to justify the cost)?
vasekvi likes this.
post #5 of 21 Old 02-23-2016, 07:15 PM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achtung View Post
Great writeup, thanks! Does anyone have any specific experiences where the dash cam in their 9th gen Accord came in handy (enough to justify the cost)?
I have two near misses right here from my last car. Plus one I'm not posting for legal reasons where some idiot pulled out in front of me in a parking lot and I did hit him

post #6 of 21 Old 02-23-2016, 07:15 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Great writeup, thanks! Does anyone have any specific experiences where the dash cam in their 9th gen Accord came in handy (enough to justify the cost)?
Check out some of these videos.

vasekvi likes this.

2016 Accord Sport
post #7 of 21 Old 02-24-2016, 05:03 AM
4th Gear

Good job. You need one driving on 95. I live in Alexandria and bought one immediately after moving to NoVA
The Following User Says Thank You to connork53 For This Useful Post:
hashamhk (02-24-2016)
post #8 of 21 Old 02-24-2016, 06:06 AM Thread Starter
Yo Yo Ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
Nice writeup! I have front and rear cameras. Friends think I'm crazy but I don't care.

Been thinking about adding one to the rear since I installed and it turned out so good, did you just by a splitter for the 12V power supply for the power cable?

Quote:
The way people drive on the roads in Virginia I think it justifies the cost, you never know what could happen. Also in the long run if I ever decide to sell the car or want to mount it on another car I can do that.
For me I look it as if I were to modify the suspension - coilovers, bagged or springs, buying some rims, exhaust and etc(Not saying any of these things are bad I want to do these too to my car but not right now). Stuff like that I could not justify unless I could afford it but since this was $100 and can be universally put anywhere without any fitment or compatibility issues I say it was worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by connork53 View Post
Good job. You need one driving on 95. I live in Alexandria and bought one immediately after moving to NoVA
Will post one hopefully I can figure out how to post a better quality video.

post #9 of 21 Old 02-24-2016, 06:14 AM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashamhk View Post
Been thinking about adding one to the rear since I installed and it turned out so good, did you just by a splitter for the 12V power supply for the power cable?
I soldered the 12V DC car connector to some wire leads for each camera tapped them together and then tapped those onto the center console 12V just like you did.

Alpinekev and keyun21 like this.

post #10 of 21 Old 02-24-2016, 07:12 PM
6th Gear

Garage
Quote:
Great writeup, thanks for posting this! Does anyone have any specific experiences where the dash cam in their 9th gen Accord came in handy (enough to justify the cost)?
Lol...few hundred bucks now a days could save you big time...man I drive daily on America's most dengerous highway I-285 (Google it).

I installed dual cam which can be set it up as CCTV during parking mode.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Alpinekev likes this.

All my mods are listed here.

Current:
2015 Honda Accord Ex-L
2015 Honda CRV Touring
2006 Honda Odyssey REV NAV

Previously owned:
2004 Honda Civic Ex
1996 Honda Accord LX
post #11 of 21 Old 02-24-2016, 07:21 PM
6th Gear

Garage
Here is my complete hardwire installation. .

BlackVue DR650GW-2CH 16GB with PMP - Dash Cam

All my mods are listed here.

Current:
2015 Honda Accord Ex-L
2015 Honda CRV Touring
2006 Honda Odyssey REV NAV

Previously owned:
2004 Honda Civic Ex
1996 Honda Accord LX
post #12 of 21 Old 03-11-2016, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
Yo Yo Ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by connork53 View Post
Sorry for the delay but here is some footage on 95.

post #13 of 21 Old 03-18-2016, 07:26 AM
1st Gear

Do you always leave your dash cam in the car while parked? or do you take out when you leave it? Im just wondering and think about getting one
post #14 of 21 Old 03-18-2016, 08:42 AM
6th Gear

Excellent write up!

2013 San Marino Red V6 Coupe 6MT
S2000 HID Retrofit:

KTuner tuned:

SRP racing pedals:

post #15 of 21 Old 03-18-2016, 03:15 PM
New Honda Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyun21 View Post
Here is my complete hardwire installation. .

BlackVue DR650GW-2CH 16GB with PMP - Dash Cam

That link didn't work. Looks like it may have been through taptalk. Do you have a direct link? Considering a dash cam for my 2016 EX-L.

2106 Black Accord EX-L V6, LEDs on the interior, CHH horns that I haven't installed.
Advertisement

Tags
dash cam, dash camera, install, interior trim removal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.