Getting Steering Wheel Controls to Work With Aftermarket HeadUnit - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 09-07-2009, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
Greg

Getting Steering Wheel Controls to Work With Aftermarket HeadUnit

I have a Pioneer deh p6800mp HU and I love it. I had it installed at Best Buy (free installation) and I asked how much it would cost to get the steering wheel controls to work with this head-unit. He quoted me something along the lines that the part would cost $50 and then labor. Is this something I can do on my own? Is there a place where I can order this "part" for cheap? I like to think that i am somewhat savvy with car audio. Thanks in advance!

Here is a link to my HU if that helps:

2012 Hyundai Sonata SE Turbo

1999 Honda Accord EX Coupe - SOLD
3.0L V6
166,800 miles
35% Tint
Nokya Hyper Yellow 9006 Headlight Bulbs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-07-2009, 11:58 AM
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm

Search can be your friend. Either here or on SonicElectronix, or Crutchfield. Go to Crutchfield and search for Steering Wheel Control Interface. You will find what you are looking for. The part is $74.99. You have to call Crutchfield to verify that the part will work with your model vehicle and your model stereo.

post #3 of 8 Old 02-12-2010, 09:12 AM
2nd Gear

Anybody here have one of these steering wheel adapters installed. I've read that there is a delay between the time you press the steering wheel button and the time it takes for the action to occur. I'm wondering if it's annoying enough to just skip the adapter altogether or if it works just fine.

post #4 of 8 Old 02-12-2010, 09:45 AM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Stone View Post
Is this something I can do on my own? Is there a place where I can order this "part" for cheap? I like to think that i am somewhat savvy with car audio. Thanks in advance!
I just installed one in my friends car and it's quite simple. All you do is tap the adapter wires (in this case PAC SWI-PS, which is made for pioneers) to the steering wheel harness. I just soldered them on and used some heat shrink tube to cover it. Instructions can be found here:

It's pretty straight forward, if you know what you are doing.

2004 Accord EX-L AT 4cyl Sedan

Mods
Ebay Foglights, custom wiring
LED Interior Lights
Tint - 35% Front, 20% Rear
Cathode Trunk Lights
JL HD 750/1 amp
JL 10W3v3-2 Sub
Alpine SPR-69 rear
Alpine SPR-60C front component
06 Front bumper/Grille
Projector Headlights w/6000K HIDs
17" Enkei Falcon Gun Metal Rims
post #5 of 8 Old 02-12-2010, 09:47 AM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat E View Post
Anybody here have one of these steering wheel adapters installed. I've read that there is a delay between the time you press the steering wheel button and the time it takes for the action to occur. I'm wondering if it's annoying enough to just skip the adapter altogether or if it works just fine.
From my experience, I did not notice much of a delay. It seemed to respond as if there was a factory head unit installed. However, i'm not 100% sure, but it may react differently depending on the car or type of aftermarket deck.

2004 Accord EX-L AT 4cyl Sedan

Mods
Ebay Foglights, custom wiring
LED Interior Lights
Tint - 35% Front, 20% Rear
Cathode Trunk Lights
JL HD 750/1 amp
JL 10W3v3-2 Sub
Alpine SPR-69 rear
Alpine SPR-60C front component
06 Front bumper/Grille
Projector Headlights w/6000K HIDs
17" Enkei Falcon Gun Metal Rims
post #6 of 8 Old 02-26-2010, 12:37 PM
4th Gear

Send a message via AIM to Prix03GT
my PAC SWI plugs into my alpine directly. It doesn't always work 100%, but it gets the job done.

2007 Accord LX V6 Sedan w/AT
post #7 of 8 Old 02-26-2010, 12:47 PM
banned

So, What about getting the steering wheel controls to work with the OEM Headunit with Navi if you have installed a Cleansweep or MTX Req-Q?
post #8 of 8 Old 02-26-2010, 12:57 PM
moooo

+ on the alpine, slight delay then it kicks in, less than a second delay
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.