Show Off Your Audio - Page 14 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
1Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #196 of 211 Old 08-18-2012, 08:03 AM
5th Gear

39hz is pretty damn high.

If u put 1 in the right enclosure and tuned lower, it'll get louder and sound better than the dual setup.

Would require less power, too.

Advertisement

post #197 of 211 Old 08-19-2012, 07:24 AM
3rd Gear

Thats a tiny box for those R's,being choked

post #198 of 211 Old 08-19-2012, 10:51 AM
Mass Effect

That small a box probably isnt choking anything necessarily, itll just cause a huge peak at a certain frequency which will mean your subs will be very one note'ish. The smaller the box, the worse this gets.

2012 Accord EX Sedan 190 HP 2.4 I4 5 speed auto

post #199 of 211 Old 08-22-2014, 08:01 AM
2015 Accord Touring I4

Bump for any pics of a lower cubby double din install for an 8th gen accord??

2015 Honda Accord Sedan Touring NAVI I4 CVT White Orchard Pearl
2011 Toyota Venza Premium V6 AWD 6AT Blizzard Pearl
2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L I4 5MT Nighthawk Black Pearl (Traded)
2005 Acura TSX I4 5AT Premium White Pearl (Sold)
2002 Honda Civic Coupe SiG Veloz I4 5MT Nighthawk Black Pearl (Traded)
post #200 of 211 Old 08-26-2014, 07:17 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Looks nice, but it's not functional...
MrMonday, Re: Sleepy's subwoofer box. I had a similar box in my sedan, from SRQCustoms, if I remember correctly. It looked great because the baffle that spanned the wheel well gave it a flush look. But I did notice a decrease in bass, compared to a cube box I used prior. I don't have the OEM subwoofer hole in my rear deck. So it seems that a good amount of bass energy gets into the cabin from the rear seat vs the rear deck. I'm planning on going back to my cube box, so the bass energy can easily go around that box, past the rear seat, and into the cabin. Is this logic sound?
post #201 of 211 Old 08-27-2014, 06:38 PM
Acoustics BSEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalel34 View Post
MrMonday, Re: Sleepy's subwoofer box. I had a similar box in my sedan, from SRQCustoms, if I remember correctly. It looked great because the baffle that spanned the wheel well gave it a flush look. But I did notice a decrease in bass, compared to a cube box I used prior. I don't have the OEM subwoofer hole in my rear deck. So it seems that a good amount of bass energy gets into the cabin from the rear seat vs the rear deck. I'm planning on going back to my cube box, so the bass energy can easily go around that box, past the rear seat, and into the cabin. Is this logic sound?
best location i've found is the passenger rear trunk corner. face the "cube box" towards the rear passenger corner. adding deadening there is a good idea.

2014 Accord Sport
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 Accord EX V6
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

--
--

post #202 of 211 Old 08-27-2014, 06:44 PM
Acoustics BSEE

i'll add to this thread - my build log has everything

CDA-9887 installed in place of pocket - full custom mount

pocket lid is now magnetically held for stealth when parked

Hertz ML3000 sub in a 28Hz tuned box for temporary use - amp rack is visible

under the rear deck is 3/4" MDF amp rack with an Audison LRx5.1k amplifier and a bank of Maxwell BACP3000 ultracaps for a 500 Farad bank.

Hertz MLK-165 components in a fully deadened and sealed door

Hertz ML28 tweeters in EX and up tweeter mounts.

2014 Accord Sport

2001 Accord EX V6

--
--

The Following User Says Thank You to keep_hope_alive For This Useful Post:
AE03Accord (09-17-2014)
post #203 of 211 Old 08-27-2014, 11:10 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
best location i've found is the passenger rear trunk corner. face the "cube box" towards the rear passenger corner. adding deadening there is a good idea.
I would love to take advantage of the corner-loading acoustic effect, but my sedan trunk has a weird shape. The rear corner won't fit my 12" sub cube box. I think an 8" sub in a trapezoid box, lying on its side, facing rear would be the best non-custom fit.

Fantastic 2014 build. But your link is not working, man. Hope I can see the details of your build soon.
post #204 of 211 Old 08-28-2014, 02:20 PM
Acoustics BSEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalel34 View Post
I would love to take advantage of the corner-loading acoustic effect, but my sedan trunk has a weird shape. The rear corner won't fit my 12" sub cube box. I think an 8" sub in a trapezoid box, lying on its side, facing rear would be the best non-custom fit.

Fantastic 2014 build. But your link is not working, man. Hope I can see the details of your build soon.
link works now, forum was under maintenance.

my final enclosure will be a fiberglass enclosure that fits in the passenger rear corner and faces into the trunk. it won't protrude into the removable floor.

you could just build a different box that is limited to 14" high - i got mine facing into the corner currently and it is currently my favorite alignment.

i added a reinforced loop in place of the side hook and bolted coated wire to the box. i'll add another loop and a padlock to secure the box to the trunk so insurance considers it a part of the car. also allows quick removal when i want more storage space.

soon i'll cut a pass-through at the rear seat armrest - the rear seat stifles bass and my rear deck is covered with an amp rack.

2014 Accord Sport

2001 Accord EX V6

--
--

The Following User Says Thank You to keep_hope_alive For This Useful Post:
armani077 (09-04-2014)
post #205 of 211 Old 10-15-2014, 12:09 PM
1st Gear

iPad Air mounted in factory radio loc - Need some opinions

Ok so.... I wanted to replace the factory headunit but wasn't really fond of the look of the Metra Dash kit and most of the Double Din headunits out there suck. So.... I modified the Metra kit to install an iPad Air with a Pioneer HU mounted behind it and relocated the HVAC controls to the lower console section... Any opinions on this setup?

post #206 of 211 Old 10-15-2014, 05:20 PM
Acoustics BSEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC611574 View Post
Ok so.... I wanted to replace the factory headunit but wasn't really fond of the look of the Metra Dash kit and most of the Double Din headunits out there suck. So.... I modified the Metra kit to install an iPad Air with a Pioneer HU mounted behind it and relocated the HVAC controls to the lower console section... Any opinions on this setup?

cool idea. the dash kit looks a bit awkward in there, maybe a smaller tablet would have looked more natural, but still cool.

did you get the steering wheel interface for volume control of the HU?

2014 Accord Sport

2001 Accord EX V6

--
--

post #207 of 211 Old 10-20-2014, 07:23 PM
6th Gear

Garage
Here's my install: 2014 Hybrid Install

Let me know what you think!
BobbyVapes likes this.
post #208 of 211 Old 11-12-2014, 08:22 PM
1st Gear

Only have one clamp on in this pic.

2010 Accord Sedan

- Alpine CA 9833 Comp
- JL Audio 10W6V2
- Rockford Fosgate P8002
- JL Audio e4300

MISC items...
JL battery clamps
Krunk Koncept fuse blocks and wiring
DB Link ground block

2010 Honda Accord
- Alpine CA 9833 Comp
- JL Audio 10W6V2
- Rockford Fosgate P8002
- JL Audio e4300
Plastidipped grille & badges
Coilovers coming soon ;)
post #209 of 211 Old 06-08-2015, 11:45 AM
8th Gen Audio Expert

Send a message via AIM to JamieJam1AIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcman3000 View Post
lol...I noticed that too. Maybe he's not really an audiophile...just likes a big system.

There is a difference.
I find these comments rather Hilarious in Hindsight! after the first build of the car in 08-09 I re did the entire trunk before the IASCA Finals and left the pods exactly how they were. only thing I changed was the Apline time alignment to a bit one.. From 2009 to 2012 when I retired the car from competition, the car amassed 4 national titles 2 north american championships 1 2nd place North american Championship, the Triple crown and Competitor of the year, all with " THE SPEAKERS FIRING STRAIGHT UP IN TO THE WINDSHIELD ! LOL Ill tell you this the reflection works and made for an amazing stage height and Image!

"The Black Widow Accord" SOLD!!!!!!
"Team Hybrids" Hybrid Audio Technologies & JL Audio Sponsored Sound Quality Competitor.

2011-12-13 IASCA Amateur "North American Champion"
2011 IASCA Amateur Sound Quality, (RUNNER UP)"North American Championships"
IASCA 2012-13 Spring Break Nationals SQC Amateur Champion
IASCA 2011-12-13 Spring Break Nationals Install Amateur Champion
2012 IASCA Competitor of the Year
2012 IASCA Triple Crown Champion
Mods:
Full S/Q Competition AudioSystem
post #210 of 211 Old 06-30-2015, 05:42 AM
6th Gear

2014 Accord Sport w/ all stock stereo except for what is pictured below:

Kicker 339 watt mono amp, powering 12" Kicker CompR
My amp is mounted on the backside of the rear seat, the subwoofer box covers it up so Im just posting a stock photo of the amp.

The car stereo sounds surprisingly good via bluetooth on my Iphone as well as Pandora. The FM radio still sounds crappy. The stock speakers no longer have to try and play low bass and only have to produce mids/highs, so they sound fantastic with the bass knob at "0" on my HU.

Attached Images

2014 Accord Sport CVT
Champagne Frost Pearl
Kicker 300watt Amp
Kicker CompR 12/ Ported Box

SON OF THUNDER
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.