Replacing the factory subwoofer and speakers (8th Gen) - Page 3 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #31 of 47 Old 10-26-2008, 04:03 PM
Keepin this one stock...

Asher,

Can you tell me if the OEM Honda speaker connector for the subwoofer is the same as the connectors for the rest of the speakers?

Thanks.

Advertisement

post #32 of 47 Old 10-27-2008, 07:21 AM
4th Gear

Asher-
How is the impact on kick-drums with the new sub set up? Does it have decent "punch" or is it just low end bass?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

08 Accord Coupe V6 NAVI 5AT PMM on Black
HFP Suspension
19" wheels
Blacked Out Headlights
Lightwerkz S2000 projectors w/ Phillips 4300K HID
Silverstar Fogs
Originator of Odyssey Grille Mod
Honda Rearview Camera
Llumar Clear Bra
PXAMG IPOD adaptor
Interior Illumination Kit
JL Audio C5 componets up front, JL C2 coax's in rear
JL Audio HD600/4 amp for fronts and Ibeams
JL Audio ZR800CW 8" Free Air Sub in rear deck off of JL2250
RF Ibeams
post #33 of 47 Old 11-01-2008, 07:17 AM
1st Gear

I was wondering about this mod for a while, nice work. Looks like there is room for the correct size enclosure to be mounted under the deck for even better sound.

08 Coupe EX
Tru Billet
MB Quart
Eclipse
Alpine

post #34 of 47 Old 11-01-2008, 08:08 AM
Out of Control

Send a message via AIM to A&Fbro28 Send a message via Yahoo to A&Fbro28
I ams so confused. Please explain what is powering what. Stock deck or external amp? I'd like to add this sub if stock amp can power it even though ill be using external amp for the MB QUART Premium mids/highs. How does your set-up sound? what are the net negatives/positives of your setup. Thanks for sharing.

Des,

Desmond,

2013 Honda FIT Sport w/ Navigation
5000k HID's, Leather seats, Full Harmon Kardon System System, Cusco Mid-Brace. 10mm rear spacers, Tanabe Medallion Exhaust, HPS short ram intake and Tein S-Tech springs with race header and more to come

08 Acura TL w/Technology Pkg

08 Taffeta White Honda Accord EX-L w/Navi Coupe (traded-in)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #35 of 47 Old 11-03-2008, 08:03 PM
1st Gear

I am also thinking about trying out dropping in a sub to replace the stock one.

Is installing dyna/accu-mat going to be more than I can handle as a noobie?

Oh! One important thing, did you drop in the 4ohm or 8ohm version of the subwoofer?
post #36 of 47 Old 11-09-2008, 10:49 PM
1st Gear

Would the sound improve if I install an 8-inch sub? I don't think I want to enlarge the hole... Thank you.
post #37 of 47 Old 11-10-2008, 09:40 AM
1st Gear

here is what u gonna get.

1. replacing the rear deck sub with aftermarket sub=same muddy bass

2. aftermarket sub+amp+stock rear deck location= little better than muddy bass but your car turns into complete rattle* machine.

3. new sub+amp+box in the trunk= smooth and tight bass response.
post #38 of 47 Old 03-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Out of Control

I just had my Kicker C8 in my deck but the cover wont seal because the plastic ring molded in the rear deck cover. Did you have to cut this out as well? Anyone else???

Desmond,

5000k HID's, Leather seats, Full Harmon Kardon System System, Cusco Mid-Brace. 10mm rear spacers, Tanabe Medallion Exhaust, HPS short ram intake and Tein S-Tech springs with race header and more to come

post #39 of 47 Old 04-24-2009, 03:31 PM
1st Gear

Can you tell me what brand and model your rear 6.5 inch speakers are and where did you get the plastic rings that they are sitting in? I replaced my rear 6.5s but I need to make an adapter or find one like yours so that they sit nicely on the shelf.

Thanks in advance!
post #40 of 47 Old 04-28-2009, 09:26 AM
I <3 Honda

Send a message via AIM to starbai
So you're powering this JL sub with the stock amp and in the stock location, using the trunk as a box.

Doesn't this increase the risk of blowing the sub though? Using the trunk as a box?

You've had it now for what like 6 months, how has it held up? any troubles with it?

I'd also be afraid of it burning out the stock amp trying to draw too much power from it?

Again, any issues?

Its a great short term fix until I can afford to go all out on a stereo.

Is it really THAT much better than stock?

Having had an Alpine Type R 12 in My S2000 and in my Prelude, both powered by external MTX amps in seperate boxes... I'd rate those in terms of quality of sound a 10 on a scale of 1 to 10...

In comparison I'd rate the accord's stock sub a "5" on that same scale of 1 to 10...

Given those as a guide, what would you rate the JL upgrade in terms of low end boom, and clarity?

Thanks for all your help, sorry for all the questions, just seems like the way I'd like to go right now but I've gotta make sure its worth the dough for a short term fix.
post #41 of 47 Old 04-28-2009, 09:33 AM
Out of Control

The stock amp doesnt have enough power for the JL/Kicker free air subs. The sub sounds great upgrading. u must dyna mat the top of rear deck and bottom. i also had to cut the sub opening further to get the kickers larger magnet through the stock subs opening. Hope this helps. Email/im me if you have any other questions.

Desmond,

post #42 of 47 Old 04-28-2009, 09:45 AM
I <3 Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&Fbro28 View Post
The stock amp doesnt have enough power for the JL/Kicker free air subs. The sub sounds great upgrading. u must dyna mat the top of rear deck and bottom. i also had to cut the sub opening further to get the kickers larger magnet through the stock subs opening. Hope this helps. Email/im me if you have any other questions.
how would you rate it on the scale I gave in my post?

I know its kinda a pain in the ass to answer a question like that but I dont know how else to get a feel for how substantial the upgrade is.

Also if you used the aftermarket amp to power it, I assume you used an LOC. where did you tap into the signal? right tehre by the sub? or behind the headunit?

Thanks in advance!
post #43 of 47 Old 04-28-2009, 09:55 AM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbai View Post
how would you rate it on the scale I gave in my post?

I know its kinda a pain in the ass to answer a question like that but I dont know how else to get a feel for how substantial the upgrade is.

Also if you used the aftermarket amp to power it, I assume you used an LOC. where did you tap into the signal? right tehre by the sub? or behind the headunit?

Thanks in advance!
You'll get most of the bass response of a 10 but not as much really low frequency which my genre of music i listen to (techno, trance) doesn't have anyway. as far as the sub signal. i tapped in at the sub. The amp i used has no x-over but heres the thing, The signal from the deck to the stock amp is full signal. The stock amp then crosses over the sub channel to only recieve low frequency signals. Hope this helps...

Desmond,

post #44 of 47 Old 04-28-2009, 10:00 AM
I <3 Honda

I think I actually have the same amp that I'm thinking of useing as you do, MTX Thunder 300 or something (i gotta check it when I get home)
post #45 of 47 Old 11-12-2016, 05:00 PM
3rd Gear

Garage
Old thread 😆

A few months ago I spent some time sealing the factory sub and the rest of the rear deck in my 08 Coupe. Changing nothing else, the difference is night and day. Bass is much fuller and shakes the car and mirrors. Honda did a terrible design as the deck is full of holes and the sub is elevated from the deck. I'm still going to upgrade but it almost isn't needed.

-Eric

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

**Traded for Infiniti G37x**

2008 Accord EXV-L
San Marino Red/Charcoal
61k miles
Tinted 35/5/20
KB Volt HID 4300K
2015 Sport/Coupe Rims
Blacked out roof (vinyl)
Zapco ST-X5
12" Alpine Type R (sealed)

Future:
Roof spoiler
Audiocontrol EX (Three.2)
Front mids/highs
More sound deadening
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.