USA Spec BT45-HON3 - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #16 of 33 Old 08-08-2014, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Nothing yet, I've been way busy with work and haven't had time to really try installing one.

You may want to give them a call and see if they have any more information about when it'll launch. I checked their YouTube the other day and there wasn't an updated video (they seem to post videos of how their products work).

2006 Accord EX-L Navi 5MT, Graphite Pearl
2006 Accord EX sedan 5AT, Taffeta White - RIP
Advertisement

post #17 of 33 Old 08-29-2014, 06:06 PM
1st Gear

Received by mail today, will try to have installed this weekend & post a review.

post #18 of 33 Old 08-29-2014, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

I've had it for a couple of weeks. They asked me not to tell anyone, but, eh.

The sound quality from podcasts is great, from music, at least to my ears, is pretty good.

Calls are an issue though, I've tried putting the mic in different areas and am told that my voice quality sounds small and a little weak. I haven't tried me somewhere else while someone else is in my car to hear what they're hearing. I did try recording from the mic using an app and I can hear what they mean.

I like that it'll switch Modes automatically when a call comes in and that it displays the name of the song. I also like that it has a USB charging port. I have my iPhone in a ProClip mount on the left side of the radio. The USB cable runs down the side behind the center console keeping wires neat and out of the way.

post #19 of 33 Old 08-29-2014, 07:16 PM
Roll Tide!

So it wasn't worth the wait and doesn't work any better than any of the others? Got it.

2007 V6 AT Sedan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #20 of 33 Old 08-29-2014, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimijam View Post
So it wasn't worth the wait and doesn't work any better than any of the others? Got it.
I don't know if I'd say that. As far as music quality, I'm satisfied, knowing it's over Bluetooth and I have the ease of not messing with wires... although I still have to plug it in to charge. I've thought of sending it back and just going with the PA15-HON2 but if I can get the phone working good I'll be fine.

As far as features, I prefer the USA-Spec versions over the others. That's why I never bought one.

post #21 of 33 Old 08-29-2014, 08:30 PM
1st Gear

I'm an Android user and would rather use a wired connection, either 3.5mm or USB, for the music, and then have a BT connection for phone. Besides GROM, what else is there? It would be great if it would automatically switch over to BT when a call comes in. This eliminates GROM.
post #22 of 33 Old 08-29-2014, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by royta View Post
I'm an Android user and would rather use a wired connection, either 3.5mm or USB, for the music, and then have a BT connection for phone. Besides GROM, what else is there? It would be great if it would automatically switch over to BT when a call comes in. This eliminates GROM.
I'm pretty sure the BT45 will automatically switch over. This was important to me. Not that I take many phone calls but I'd hate to be listening to Rush Limbaugh and miss something important. I know the BT45 will switch from radio when a call comes in.

BTW, just noticed there's a new mobile page for radio-pro.ru.
post #23 of 33 Old 08-31-2014, 03:57 PM
1st Gear

Installed yesterday 1-2-3, all easy plug & play. It worked/paired right out of the box. I tested it but haven't used it. Music & calls both sounded good on the test. Ran the mic up the a-pillar. I will try to drive the car at least once this week and test if out.

Hope that helps anyone deciding. Worth the $ to me to have an all in one audio, phone, charging device in an older car.

Eric
post #24 of 33 Old 08-31-2014, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Do you have a pic of how the mic was installed? Mine hasn't been mounted yet since I'm still trying to decide the best placement.

post #25 of 33 Old 01-24-2015, 06:28 PM
My First Post

2004 Accord - BT45-hon3 installed

Greetings! I installed a Grom BT3 in my wife's car, an 05 EX-L with XM, about 6 months ago. Today, I installed the USA SPEC BT45-hon3 in my mom's 04 EX-L with XM, and the sound quality and user experience is head and shoulders above the Grom kit. Music sounds good, conversation quality (in a parked car) is great, the factory receiver switches automatically to XM-1. One thing I haven't tried is to listen to XM (it should work), and to see if it switches from XM radio to bluetooth (XM-1) automatically. The instruction manual, which is very well written, claims that XM will not auto-switch to BT.

This 04 had a factory cellular phone kit installed. This is the kit that was installed in the armrest cubby between the two front seats, a microphone by the gauges, and an RJ-45 connector. The idea was one would buy a phone-specific cable, plug that cable into the RJ-45 connector, and a phone call would mute the stereo. I pulled the microphone plug from that system, to see if I could plug it into the BT45, but it turned out to be 3/32" (submini), not the 1/8" that the BT45 uses. I bought an adapter, but the honda microphone sound pickup is much worse than the BT45 kit's microphone.

The XM tuner is in the trunk, right quarter panel, behind the carpeting, above and to the left of the tire jack.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to accord_family For This Useful Post:
n8man (01-26-2015), quikjake (02-04-2015)
post #26 of 33 Old 02-04-2015, 09:24 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord_family View Post
Greetings! I installed a Grom BT3 in my wife's car, an 05 EX-L with XM, about 6 months ago. Today, I installed the USA SPEC BT45-hon3 in my mom's 04 EX-L with XM, and the sound quality and user experience is head and shoulders above the Grom kit. Music sounds good, conversation quality (in a parked car) is great, the factory receiver switches automatically to XM-1. One thing I haven't tried is to listen to XM (it should work), and to see if it switches from XM radio to bluetooth (XM-1) automatically. The instruction manual, which is very well written, claims that XM will not auto-switch to BT.

This 04 had a factory cellular phone kit installed. This is the kit that was installed in the armrest cubby between the two front seats, a microphone by the gauges, and an RJ-45 connector. The idea was one would buy a phone-specific cable, plug that cable into the RJ-45 connector, and a phone call would mute the stereo. I pulled the microphone plug from that system, to see if I could plug it into the BT45, but it turned out to be 3/32" (submini), not the 1/8" that the BT45 uses. I bought an adapter, but the honda microphone sound pickup is much worse than the BT45 kit's microphone.

The XM tuner is in the trunk, right quarter panel, behind the carpeting, above and to the left of the tire jack.
Which generation accord do you have?

I just ordered mine from a seller off eBay last night, I can't wait for it to come in!

06 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 5AT

Nighthawk Black Pearl
Mods:

6000k 35w mini H1 bi-xenon retrofit
LED conversion all around
Stealth backup cam
2 10" Kicker comps ported box 600w 2ohm
Kicker kx600.1 Amp
plastidipped rims, emblems, grill
painted calipers
USA-Spec BT45 hon3

future mods:
Tsudo full catback exhaust
05 Front lip
Coilovers, with adjustable dampening
Quad retrofit
Inspire fogs
Cold air intake
35% Tint all around
post #27 of 33 Old 08-20-2015, 12:37 PM
1st Gear

Foud the post i was looking for!! Any other reviews guys?
post #28 of 33 Old 01-27-2017, 01:37 PM
2nd Gear

Garage
Ok, I'm going to revive this thread.

A local stereo shop wanted $400 and 4 hours to install this. I got the BT45-HON3 from Amazon and had it installed in an hour. Works great. Music and phone calls are clear and I connected the mic on the visor at the hinge and ran the cable down the pillar.

Just one small issue that I can't find an answer to. I have contacted USA Spec but have not heard anything back from them yet. When my iPhone connects, I get a "connected" sound through my speakers letting me know my phone is connected and Apple Music starts playing. However, over the past week I've noticed the "connected" message no longer plays but the phone does connect and music starts playing, like normal. As minor as this issue is, I miss the "connected" message. Like I said, I do have a call into USA Spec but have not heard anything back yet.

Will post pics later and update as I get info from the manufacturer.

'03 Accord EX Sedan
'12 Accord EX Sedan
'13 CRV EXL
post #29 of 33 Old 01-27-2017, 03:22 PM
2nd Gear

Garage
Ok, got the reply from USA Spec and I feel really stupid now. :-) Apparently I disabled voice somehow. Followed the directions sent to me by USA Spec and voice sounds are working again.

Here are a few pics of my install:
Attached Images

'03 Accord EX Sedan
'12 Accord EX Sedan
'13 CRV EXL
post #30 of 33 Old 01-28-2017, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Where did you end up mounting the box? I had mine mounted near the gas pedal and was getting static after a year or so of use. I took it all apart the other day and it finally went away.

That's a nice place for the mic. I mounted mine on the steering wheel column, mainly because I didn't want to deal with running the cable. Yours looks really clean.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.