RADIO CODES! Here they are! - Page 3 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #31 of 51 Old 07-14-2011, 11:57 AM
1st Gear

MEchase's Avatar

Join Date: May 2011
location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 37
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDsDontBurn View Post
Ok, I have a VIN and Serial Number for my cousin's radio. However, since the website also requires the phone number and zip code of ORIGINAL purchase, I cannot get the radio code for my cousin's radio.

Where can I go get the radio code besides this website?
An actual dealer. I'm planning to stop at one to try and get my radio code. When I bought mine used, there was no code given to me (either directly or in the manuals).


2009 BBP 6-6

They call me......Chase.
MEchase is offline
Advertisement

post #32 of 51 Old 08-17-2011, 02:35 PM
1st Gear

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Very nice thanks! Better than calling the dealership!

03NH658PEXL is offline
post #33 of 51 Old 11-02-2011, 06:08 PM
4th Gear

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 243
Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
****ing stock radio ****, i don't know why u need code for ur own car. that's why i tossed that POS stock radio a side and get a pioner cd, mp3 player instead.
kenshin is offline

post #34 of 51 Old 11-03-2011, 08:47 AM
Moderator

CDsDontBurn's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
location: SoCal, 92220
Posts: 4,886
Thanks: 80
Thanked 136 Times in 122 Posts
for anti-theft purposes.

2000 2dr. v6 Accord, "Dirty Girl": Greddy MX Exhaust | K&N Drop-in Filter | Magnaflow Hi-Flow CAT | Eibach Pro Springs | KYB-GR2 Shocks | Eibach Sway Bars | Stereo stuff

'97 Thunderbird, "Pearl": L/R 2.5in Magnaflow Hi-Flow CATs | PI Intake | PI Cams

'13 Taurus, "The Bull": 3.5L Goodness
CDsDontBurn is online now
post #35 of 51 Old 07-02-2012, 08:23 AM
My First Post

Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Radio combinations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviography View Post
In theory there are 6!, or 6 factorial number of combinations that is possilbe with the 7th Gen radio which has 1 through 6 as pre-set keys.

So that's 6*5*4*3*2*1= 720 possilbe combinations of codes, one can always kill an afternoon working through the permutations starting with 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, then 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, and so on!

So yes not all radios will have unique security codes when there are only 720 combination/permutation to pick from.

Honda really should add a 7th digit, it will bring the combinations up to 5,040, a far more difficult task to perform through brute force method.
You're incorrect, sir. Your possible combinations only reflect a decrease in numbers if you are eliminating digits from the combination. In your example 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 would not match the 6*5*4*3*2*1 bc in the first set you have all numbers 1-6 available to you, the second set would not allow the 1 bc you would have already used the one thus decreasing your combinations to options 2-6 and so on and so forth.

So, in essence, the factor is actually 6*6*6*6*6*6 which equal 46,656 total combinations so a 7th digit is not necessary at all.
CrashFive is offline
post #36 of 51 Old 11-21-2012, 10:05 AM
2nd Gear

2tango2's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
location: NH
Posts: 76
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have no clue what my radios code is...not that it works anyways but if I change the battery I don't want it to be displaying code needed all the time

2003 Accord EX-L 5 MT 2.4L

2011 Chevrolet Silverado LT Extnd Cab 4X4 5.3L

2011 Harley Davidson Road King
2tango2 is offline
post #37 of 51 Old 07-24-2013, 07:44 AM
1st Gear

Join Date: Jul 2013
location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 34
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashFive View Post
You're incorrect, sir. Your possible combinations only reflect a decrease in numbers if you are eliminating digits from the combination. In your example 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 would not match the 6*5*4*3*2*1 bc in the first set you have all numbers 1-6 available to you, the second set would not allow the 1 bc you would have already used the one thus decreasing your combinations to options 2-6 and so on and so forth.

So, in essence, the factor is actually 6*6*6*6*6*6 which equal 46,656 total combinations so a 7th digit is not necessary at all.
Actually, I think he's right. Because, though I can't prove all are like this, both of my Accords have had codes with no duplicate digits in them. That is, if the code started with a "4", there were no other "4"'s. Therefore it is possibly factoral and 720 is the max combinations.

It remains a matter of opinion whether the 7th digit is necessary. The existing code is causing us enough headaches, so I can imagine it causes thieves headaches too.
ktappe is offline
post #38 of 51 Old 09-28-2013, 11:21 PM
1st Gear

MKIVBB's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2013
location: Norman, OK
Posts: 28
Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
why does honda do this trash? like everyone is wanting to break into my car and steal my stock p.o.s. head unit....... wow.

so irritating. battery died on me tonight, got a new one and now my damn radio won't work until "business hours" for that website.

Brandon
05' Accord V6 6spd EX Coupe / 01' CRV 5spd RT4WD / 01' S2000 (sold) / 95' Supra TT 6spd (sold) / 95' M3 (sold) / 92' Civic Si Turbo GS-R (sold) / 96' GS-R Turbo (dead) / 02' GSX-R 750 (sold)
MKIVBB is offline
post #39 of 51 Old 09-30-2013, 07:43 PM
Moderator

CDsDontBurn's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
location: SoCal, 92220
Posts: 4,886
Thanks: 80
Thanked 136 Times in 122 Posts
get an aftermarket radio, or write down the code :p.

2000 2dr. v6 Accord, "Dirty Girl": Greddy MX Exhaust | K&N Drop-in Filter | Magnaflow Hi-Flow CAT | Eibach Pro Springs | KYB-GR2 Shocks | Eibach Sway Bars | Stereo stuff

'97 Thunderbird, "Pearl": L/R 2.5in Magnaflow Hi-Flow CATs | PI Intake | PI Cams

'13 Taurus, "The Bull": 3.5L Goodness
CDsDontBurn is online now
post #40 of 51 Old 10-01-2013, 07:54 AM
39.1 going on 40mpg!

SSMV6's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2005
location: Boston, MA
Posts: 4,723
Thanks: 1
Thanked 22 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktappe View Post
Actually, I think he's right. Because, though I can't prove all are like this, both of my Accords have had codes with no duplicate digits in them. That is, if the code started with a "4", there were no other "4"'s. Therefore it is possibly factoral and 720 is the max combinations.

It remains a matter of opinion whether the 7th digit is necessary. The existing code is causing us enough headaches, so I can imagine it causes thieves headaches too.
Actually, it's supposed to be 6^6 so CrashFive is right. It's 6 positions with 6 different possibilities. If it's 6 unique, non-repeating numbers then Aviography is right.
SSMV6 is offline
post #41 of 51 Old 10-18-2013, 06:08 PM
My First Post

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Honda Radio Code

Hi I need my radio code for a honda pilot with radio serial number 11110531 and vin number 5FNYF18577B802242.
Please help
Eclaverie is offline
post #42 of 51 Old 11-23-2013, 09:17 PM
Super Moderator

Aviography's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
location: Canada
Posts: 10,006
Thanks: 59
Thanked 271 Times in 205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviography View Post
In theory there are 6!, or 6 factorial number of combinations that is possilbe with the 7th Gen radio which has 1 through 6 as pre-set keys.

So that's 6*5*4*3*2*1= 720 possilbe combinations of codes, one can always kill an afternoon working through the permutations starting with 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, then 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, and so on!

So yes not all radios will have unique security codes when there are only 720 combination/permutation to pick from.

Honda really should add a 7th digit, it will bring the combinations up to 5,040, a far more difficult task to perform through brute force method.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashFive View Post
You're incorrect, sir. Your possible combinations only reflect a decrease in numbers if you are eliminating digits from the combination. In your example 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 would not match the 6*5*4*3*2*1 bc in the first set you have all numbers 1-6 available to you, the second set would not allow the 1 bc you would have already used the one thus decreasing your combinations to options 2-6 and so on and so forth.

So, in essence, the factor is actually 6*6*6*6*6*6 which equal 46,656 total combinations so a 7th digit is not necessary at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktappe View Post
Actually, I think he's right. Because, though I can't prove all are like this, both of my Accords have had codes with no duplicate digits in them. That is, if the code started with a "4", there were no other "4"'s. Therefore it is possibly factoral and 720 is the max combinations.

It remains a matter of opinion whether the 7th digit is necessary. The existing code is causing us enough headaches, so I can imagine it causes thieves headaches too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMV6 View Post
Actually, it's supposed to be 6^6 so CrashFive is right. It's 6 positions with 6 different possibilities. If it's 6 unique, non-repeating numbers then Aviography is right.
As it turns out, I was wrong and CrushFive was right.

I had to change battery yesterday, and realized two of the 6 digits of the radio code were repeated twice.

So the good news is that the number of permutations is 6 to the power of 6 (1-6 for each of the 6 digits) as CrushFive correctly stated, a very large number more than enough to frustrate someone attempting to use the brute force method by trying every combination.

2005 Satin Silver V6 Coupe 6 speed
TL shift knob, Hidden Hitch, Venture Shield clear protetive film,
GM Friction Modified Synchromesh transmission fluid,
2007 Acura TL-S front/rear sway bars,
Clutch slave cylinder restrictor valve delete.

Acura TL 5-spoke rims 245/45-17 Bridgestone Pole Position RE970
Honda steel rims 225/55-16 Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3


__________________
DA Moderator Team


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aviography is offline
post #43 of 51 Old 01-10-2014, 03:40 PM
1st Gear

Join Date: Dec 2013
location: Poughkeepsie
Posts: 44
Thanks: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
I wanted to get mine, could not get the radio SN, called my sales guy and he informed me that the new cars no longer use the codes....ponderous.....

2014 Accord LX
2012 Honda fit
2010 Honda Fit
johnalex731 is offline
post #44 of 51 Old 04-09-2014, 11:03 AM
My First Post

Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1999 6th gen LX don't need no steenking codes.

Stock headunit doesn't need codes, per Honda Customer Support.

Which everyone here may already know. But I didn't until I pulled the headunit to add a Blitzsafe iPod adapter, and pre-emptively got on the phone to track down the code (I'm at least 3rd owner on car).

After a lot of searching around and talking with Honda, we determined one wasn't needed.
webslog is offline
post #45 of 51 Old 06-09-2014, 07:01 PM
My First Post

Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My email is I am looking for a unlock code for my radio ooh my god it's sooooo frustrating the serial # is 930843564 any help would be sooo appreciated, I went and got a radio from a junkyard and is not thee act one that was in it but everything works I just don't have a unlock code for the radio

John Mcbride is offline
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to


Related pages


autobad96 honda accord lx enginehow to reset maintenance light on 1998 honda accordaftermarket sun roofweathertech installpioneer ts t110how to program homelink without transmitterhonda civic 2003 radio codecar speaker grills 6x9s2000 diyhonda accord 1994 manualacura tl aftermarkethonda ridgeline rear brakes12k in milescounter clockwise thread2005 acura tl backup camerahonda prelude fog lightscracked block or head gaskethow much should changing brake pads cost2013 civic tpms2004 acura tl wheels2007 honda pilot timing belt replacementensolite sound deadeningroadforce balancerhow to clean a catalytic convertertint shops in rochester ny2003 honda accord key replacementoem honda emblemsteering wheel shakes when braking hardlexus rx330 oil changehonda brake fluid flushweight of 2002 honda accordtsx eurocontinental procontact with ecoplus technologyhonda accord compliance bushing replacement2007 honda civic aux inputdb1001jdm ilxniche verona m149acura tsx winguniversal polyurethane bushings7th gen civic sils300w dash camhonda crz forumparasitic draw test2002 honda accord main relayhybrid audio clarus reviewscratches brushhow to make window tint darker2002 honda accord key fob2001 honda accord stereo codeaudison bit ten d pricecode p05052004 honda accord ex value2006 honda civic bolt patternretracting brake caliper pistoncarproof vinpiston ring changeturn signal led resistor9th gen accord loweredwhy do struts go bad2004 honda odyssey transmission filterturn off tpmscoupes vs sedanshonda civic 2002 fuel pumpautozone alternator testinghonda civic clutch pedalinnova 3160b updateacura tsx navigation dvdescort 8500 manualfirst gear synchrohonda ridgeline antennarial rimscooling fans not working on car