2013+ Hertz HSK 165 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 01-12-2014, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear

2013+ Hertz HSK 165

Does anyone know if the Hertz HSK 165 component speakers will fit into the doors of a 2013+ Accord Sedan? Here are the specs to the speakers: . It is a 6.5" midwoofer + a 1" tweeter.

2014 Honda Accord Sport CVT
Modern Steel Metallic

3M 35% Color Stable Tint | Xenon Depot Xtreme Kit w/ Philips Bulbs | exLED interior LEDs | 5k LED parking & DRLs |WeatherTech mats | debadged
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 01-12-2014, 10:19 PM
1st Gear

I have the HSK 165XL and they fit in my 2013 Honda Civic EX-L, but I had to build a spacer, which I did out of 3/4" MDF. I just took them out of that car and about to install them in my 2014 Accord EX-L. I will make them fit.

I don't know that I will get to it this week, but when I do, I will probably post something here in the forum. Maybe I can take time to look in the next couple of days, because I am curious, but I suspect I will have to build some kind of spacer again. If I remember correctly on the Civic, the door opening was not big enough, but the spacer got it far enough out to make it fit okay. As best I can remember, there was no issue with the window track.

post #3 of 22 Old 01-13-2014, 04:58 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear

Sent from

Ok thanks for the feedback. Do you suspect the tweeter will fit into the sail panel?

Modern Steel Metallic

3M 35% Color Stable Tint | Xenon Depot Xtreme Kit w/ Philips Bulbs | exLED interior LEDs | 5k LED parking & DRLs |WeatherTech mats | debadged

post #4 of 22 Old 01-13-2014, 10:27 AM
3rd Gear

Just use your factory speakers as the spacer and gut all of the cone\magnet\whatever and Dremel out the remaining plastic until the speaker will sit flush on it. You may also have to shave away some interior plastic on your door panel on the speaker grille in order to have it fit correctly. Also the tweeters will not fit behind your sail panels in the door as they are built deep. You will probably have to install them flush mount without using the brackets that come with the speaker using a Dremel to cut out the hole. Use hot glue to affix the tweeter. This is a very easy mod and if done correctly, it will look very stock in the end. I have the HSK165xls front stage and HCX165 rear stage and they sound incredible. Before the mod, purchase a couple extra sail panels from Honda. They are not expensive at all, if memory serves, they should be about 5-9 bucks a piece.

2010 Honda Accord EX i4
Alpine PXA-H800 w\RUX-c800
Audison Voce 5.1k 5 Channel Amp
Hertz HSK-165 XL Components
Hertz HCX-165 Coax
2x 12" Alpine Type R
Leather Clazzio Seat Covers
HFP Body Kit and 19 inch HFP Rims
Other misc mods...
The Following User Says Thank You to tmillszero1 For This Useful Post:
crea78 (01-13-2014)
post #5 of 22 Old 01-13-2014, 11:33 AM
1st Gear

Yeah... the sail panels are cheap.

I did see someone else that had these in the sails with no issues though... or thought I did somewhere. Maybe not.

I was going to use the door speaker spacer like you suggest, but decided I would keep the factory speakers in case I decide to take the Hertz out later, but I suspect they will have run their usefulness by the time I get rid of this car. Factory replacements probably don't cost much either.
post #6 of 22 Old 01-13-2014, 04:15 PM
1st Gear

Have one of the sail panels off. Will simply have to cut out the opening larger to make it flush mount nicely with the HT28 tweeter.

The HT28 is about the same depth as the factory tweeter. If it had a mesh screen it would fit from behind if it were not larger in diameter. The trim that holds the factory tweeter in place, also hold the trim ring in place, so it can't be removed.
post #7 of 22 Old 01-13-2014, 04:20 PM
Fail Zero bcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by crea78 View Post
Sent from

Ok thanks for the feedback. Do you suspect the tweeter will fit into the sail panel?
I hace a 13 Accord sport and all I did was order the EX sails and installed the Hertz tweeter in that and it looks stock. I had to trim the hole a little and they just snap in . I can post a pic if you want

2013 Accord Sport 6MT
post #8 of 22 Old 01-13-2014, 04:50 PM
1st Gear

I would like to see it. How did you go about the trimming process without accidentally getting the hole too big? There ain't much room for error with the very small lip on the HT28 tweeter.
post #9 of 22 Old 01-13-2014, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear

I would like to see as well.

Sent from

Modern Steel Metallic

post #10 of 22 Old 01-13-2014, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear

With these components, should I deaden the entire door or just behind the speaker?

Sent from

Modern Steel Metallic

post #11 of 22 Old 01-14-2014, 12:37 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by crea78 View Post
With these components, should I deaden the entire door or just behind the speaker?

Sent from
Your speakers will not sing unless you deaden the entire door. Trust me from experience!
post #12 of 22 Old 01-14-2014, 12:52 PM
3rd Gear

Process is pretty much identical for the 8th gens as the 9th gens...

Pop off the sail panels, remove the tweeters, pop off the mesh covering (May have to break a few tabs holding this on, but that is okay as you glue them together) Dremel wider the opening until the tweeter barely fits through, and do the same to the mesh covering. superglue the mesh covering to the sail, and finally hot glue the tweeter to the sail.
Attached Images

2010 Honda Accord EX i4
Alpine PXA-H800 w\RUX-c800
Audison Voce 5.1k 5 Channel Amp
Hertz HSK-165 XL Components
Hertz HCX-165 Coax
2x 12" Alpine Type R
Leather Clazzio Seat Covers
HFP Body Kit and 19 inch HFP Rims
Other misc mods...
post #13 of 22 Old 01-14-2014, 02:40 PM
Fail Zero bcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnie View Post
I would like to see it. How did you go about the trimming process without accidentally getting the hole too big? There ain't much room for error with the very small lip on the HT28 tweeter.
I used a half moon file

2013 Accord Sport 6MT
post #14 of 22 Old 01-14-2014, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear

Thanks for the pictures. Since I don't have them, how do the speakers sound? Not sure if the are better powered by an A/B or D amp.

Sent from

Modern Steel Metallic

post #15 of 22 Old 01-14-2014, 10:26 PM
3rd Gear

Metal will need to be cut to fit the mids.Simplicity In Sound did a couple of Accords and metal was cut to fit 6.5'' mids.Probably the only brand that makes a 6.5'' comp set with the smallest mounting cut out are the Polks coming in at 5''.I'm running 5.25'' Silver Flutes up front and still had to cut some metal around the opening as well as some of the window track using .75'' MDF spacing.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.