hottest component set - Page 3 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #31 of 36 Old 09-20-2013, 02:02 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by axipher View Post
I use to be an all Alpine guy and they are great for upgrading stock. If you're serious about quality though, go with some of the other recommendations here for speakers. I found out pretty fast that while Alpine's are great, you can get a lot better for the same price. Alpine is just really good with replacing parts if you are on good terms with a certified dealer.

I've dropped down to just having Type-X 6.5" components and after listening to some Focal speakers in my car off the same amps, there is a very noticeble difference.

I still love my Type-R sub though, it just keeps kicking and was purchased in summer of 2006.
Thank's for the response, bro. Yeah, I just don't know what to really go with. I have been out of the stereo world for years now and I'm looking to get and build an iLL system! You have anymore recommendations?

Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 09-21-2013, 09:02 AM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ousooner2 View Post
Depends on your budget. Are you installing this?

The Type-r's probably aren't horrible, haven't heard them, but my god their really inefficient. Not a good thing....
Type-R subs are fine. The newer models have fixed the inefficiencies. Between the required airspace and needing my trunk space available, I don't regret having mine one bit. However, the components and coax models, I would have to agree with you.

2010 Honda Accord EX i4
Alpine PXA-H800 w\RUX-c800
Audison Voce 5.1k 5 Channel Amp
Hertz HSK-165 XL Components
Hertz HCX-165 Coax
2x 12" Alpine Type R
Leather Clazzio Seat Covers
HFP Body Kit and 19 inch HFP Rims
Other misc mods...
post #33 of 36 Old 09-21-2013, 09:10 PM
Ballin' on a budget

Send a message via Skype™ to axipher
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalORIGIN View Post
Thank's for the response, bro. Yeah, I just don't know what to really go with. I have been out of the stereo world for years now and I'm looking to get and build an iLL system! You have anymore recommendations?
While working in Pitttsburgh, I found a shop that let me install some Focal 30th Anniversary's, Herta, and Arc 6.5" components in my own car to test the sound and the Focal's were miles above my Alpine Type-X's when using the included passive crossovers. The Arc and Hertz speakers were barely above the Type-X's though.

I have yet to try them all using an active crossover though so not sure how they would compare in that scenario.

Stella - 2007 Accord SE i4 MT

post #34 of 36 Old 09-22-2013, 11:18 AM
Thunder Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmillszero1 View Post
Type-R subs are fine. The newer models have fixed the inefficiencies. Between the required airspace and needing my trunk space available, I don't regret having mine one bit. However, the components and coax models, I would have to agree with you.
I don't doubt the subs are that bad, but you can get a lot better for the money. They're better than most of the crap at the big box stores though, so people will think they're the best thing since sliced bread

Quote:
Originally Posted by axipher View Post
While working in Pitttsburgh, I found a shop that let me install some Focal 30th Anniversary's, Herta, and Arc 6.5" components in my own car to test the sound and the Focal's were miles above my Alpine Type-X's when using the included passive crossovers. The Arc and Hertz speakers were barely above the Type-X's though.

I have yet to try them all using an active crossover though so not sure how they would compare in that scenario.
What Focals? Polyglass I'm assuming...?

Which Hertz and which Arc's did you listen to? Each has their own 'good' stuff, but it's mostly way higher up than what you likely listened to. The Arc Black set is VERY nice, but costly.

Install and tuning are where it's at though. Focus on that and you can make the sound much better!

'15 WOP v6 sedan
'17 Lux. XT5 AWD
post #35 of 36 Old 09-22-2013, 12:52 PM
Fail Zero bcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyd914 View Post
the latest gen alpine type r subs sound fantastic. cannot be beaten for the price. i have them and they sound great. very very clean and no distortion and get LOUD!

as for component speakers for around 300.

1- hybrid audio technologies - Imagine i61-2 (this is what i have and by far one of the best speakers on the market for the price. they just sound THAT good

2- Morel Tempo 6 - Great speakers with tons of great reviews and of course a high end company

3 Hertz ESK-165L.5 Energy great speakers with another great company

4 JBL Ms62c - JBL is KNOWN for pure sound quality in audio (only their high end car audio stuff is great but everything else is superb (concert speakers, Home theatres, DJ speakers, etc) cant go wrong with JBL.

5- the new redesigned Image Dynamics CXS64 V2

6- Crescendo MEZZO Series 6.5 inch component set- great speakers too.

Just do research, there are a TON of speakers within that budget. research it for a few weeks and see what you like the best. i personally think the Hybrid Audio Imagine are unbeatable for the price.
these are all good I just sold my Hertz ESK's and picked up a set of JL c5 650's for about the op's target price . After hearing a demo of them a few times I said it was time for the ESK's to go. I never heard the morel's but every one that I know that has say they are amazing I almost went with the Morel Virtus but they were a little more and I have never heard them so I just played it safe since the C5's are less dough. I have seen MS62's for about $200 if you are looking for a bang for the buck this is it.

2013 Accord Sport 6MT
post #36 of 36 Old 09-22-2013, 08:15 PM
Ballin' on a budget

Send a message via Skype™ to axipher
Quote:
Originally Posted by ousooner2 View Post
I don't doubt the subs are that bad, but you can get a lot better for the money. They're better than most of the crap at the big box stores though, so people will think they're the best thing since sliced bread

What Focals? Polyglass I'm assuming...?

Which Hertz and which Arc's did you listen to? Each has their own 'good' stuff, but it's mostly way higher up than what you likely listened to. The Arc Black set is VERY nice, but costly.

Install and tuning are where it's at though. Focus on that and you can make the sound much better!
I forget which Hertz and Arc's, but they were each around $400 US and listened to 4 different Focal's, and loved the 30th anniversary 6.5" components, forget the model number though.

Stella - 2007 Accord SE i4 MT
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.