Do I need the Audio Control LC6 or LC7? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 07-25-2013, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Do I need the Audio Control LC6 or LC7?

I have a 2013 Accord EX-L with the factory 360 watt, 7 speaker system. I am going to install the Alpine PDX-5 5 channel amp, replace all speakers, and also add a 10" sub. Do I need the Audio Control LC6, LC7, or neither? I know that the PDX5 has low level inputs, but does my system benefit from the LC6 or need the added bass restoration of the LC7? If it does not need it, then I would rather invest the money elsewhere. If it does help, then I will get it. Please keep the suggestions to these two models, or to another device under $200. Thanks for the help!

Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 07-25-2013, 11:11 AM
2nd Gear

I basically did the same as you in my 2013 EX-L . My installer recommended the audio control LC8i to go to my alpine pdx 5 channel amp . I replaced all speakers and added a sub. It sounds better than stock, but still sounds off. After some research my installer just hooked up the speaker level to the LOC, this is NOT the way to go . When you do that the signal is getting amplified and processed by the factory amp then summed by the LOC then amplified again by the alpine . This is a recipe for bad/weird sound . Somehow you should bypass the factory amp . A good installer should know this . The honda has balanced outputs and only some amps will accept this . I recommend to do the research and find a installer or you that knows what there doing . I'm on a waiting list of a top US installer to basically get everything ripped out and put some higher end gear in the honda.

Sent from

post #3 of 23 Old 07-28-2013, 10:51 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denslayer View Post
I basically did the same as you in my 2013 EX-L . My installer recommended the audio control LC8i to go to my alpine pdx 5 channel amp . I replaced all speakers and added a sub. It sounds better than stock, but still sounds off. After some research my installer just hooked up the speaker level to the LOC, this is NOT the way to go . When you do that the signal is getting amplified and processed by the factory amp then summed by the LOC then amplified again by the alpine . This is a recipe for bad/weird sound . Somehow you should bypass the factory amp . A good installer should know this . The honda has balanced outputs and only some amps will accept this . I recommend to do the research and find a installer or you that knows what there doing . I'm on a waiting list of a top US installer to basically get everything ripped out and put some higher end gear in the honda.

Sent from
Audio Control specifically says go after the after market amp.

Sent from

2008 Accord Coupe EXL with Navi

post #4 of 23 Old 08-10-2013, 09:50 PM
2013 Honda Accord EX-L

I had the Lc6i in my car and decided I didn't need it after all. All it does is turn speaker wire to RCA and gives you control over the gain. In my case I just used a basic LOC because I have an EQ installed that gives me control over the gain. Selling my LC6i on Craigslist Los Angeles

Sent from

2013 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan Modern Steel Metallic
post #5 of 23 Old 08-11-2013, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

What EQ did you install, and where did you put it?
post #6 of 23 Old 08-11-2013, 10:02 AM
Roll Tide!

If you are going to get an audio control, make sure it is a model with the "accubass"

2007 V6 AT Sedan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 23 Old 08-11-2013, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

I did end up ordering the LC7i with the accubass. My wife did not want a 5-channel amp, so I ordered her the LC2i instead. Thanks for the info! Do the 2013s actually need the accubass functionality?
post #8 of 23 Old 08-11-2013, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Also, do our stock H/Us run off a 15a or greater fuse?

2013 Accord EX-L sedan, Hermatite Metalic
Aftermarket Upgrades: 20% tint, (more soon...)
Audio System: Stock H/U, Audio Control LC7i, Alpine PDX-5 pushing Polk db5251 (front) and db651s (rear), MB Quart RA1000.1 pushing one 15" Alpine SWS-15D4 subwoofer.
post #9 of 23 Old 08-11-2013, 01:54 PM
Roll Tide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrogers81 View Post
Do the 2013s actually need the accubass functionality?
That is easy enough to figure out. When you turn up the volume, does the bass start to decrease? My '07 does this but not sure if yours does or not. If the bass starts to decrease, then you want the accubass.

2007 V6 AT Sedan

post #10 of 23 Old 08-12-2013, 11:46 PM
2013 Honda Accord EX-L

Quote:
What EQ did you install, and where did you put it?
I removed the pocket in the center console and made a custom dash kit for my equalizer, it's a half din by soundstream

Sent from

2013 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan Modern Steel Metallic
post #11 of 23 Old 08-19-2013, 04:54 PM
4th Gear

Send a message via AIM to Hytekazn
Too the Assh*ole that recommmended all these fancy equipment. I was in a budget and went and bought a regular 4 chanrel scosche loc at Wal-Mart and it works just as good as my audiocontrol lc2

Current Ride

Mods
-Sound system - Rockford 300watt amp, Boston acoustics SE60 components, Rockford Fosgate 10inch sub.
^ Happy Camper.
post #12 of 23 Old 08-19-2013, 06:44 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytekazn View Post
Too the Assh*ole that recommmended all these fancy equipment. I was in a budget and went and bought a regular 4 chanrel scosche loc at Wal-Mart and it works just as good as my audiocontrol lc2
1) Please take a spelling and grammar class because you sound like a child.
2) Please don't call people names that are trying to be helpful.

Thanks!

Sent from

post #13 of 23 Old 08-20-2013, 01:03 AM
4th Gear

Send a message via AIM to Hytekazn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjg49 View Post

Thanks!

Sent from
Uhmmm bro, before you go on a rant. Please read it over a few more times. Simply implying the audio control units are just overpriced garbaged. Before the op invest money in these expensive unit try out these 15$ line out converters if u will. If accu bass is a must than go with audiocontrol if not just opt for the scosche 4 channel, they work just as good.

Current Ride

Mods
-Sound system - Rockford 300watt amp, Boston acoustics SE60 components, Rockford Fosgate 10inch sub.
^ Happy Camper.
post #14 of 23 Old 08-20-2013, 05:17 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Uhmmm bro, before you go on a rant. Please read it over a few more times. Simply implying the audio control units are just overpriced garbaged. Before the op invest money in these expensive unit try out these 15$ line out converters if u will. If accu bass is a must than go with audiocontrol if not just opt for the scosche 4 channel, they work just as good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytekazn

Again,

Thanks!

P.S. Most people when they disagree here are cordial and don't call each other "Assh*oles".

Sent from

post #15 of 23 Old 08-20-2013, 09:04 AM
Thunder Up!

Quote:
I have a 2013 Accord EX-L with the factory 360 watt, 7 speaker system. I am going to install the Alpine PDX-5 5 channel amp, replace all speakers, and also add a 10" sub. Do I need the Audio Control LC6, LC7, or neither? I know that the PDX5 has low level inputs, but does my system benefit from the LC6 or need the added bass restoration of the LC7? If it does not need it, then I would rather invest the money elsewhere. If it does help, then I will get it. Please keep the suggestions to these two models, or to another device under $200. Thanks for the help!
First you need to know what the voltage is of the wires you're tapping in to. That will help you figure out if you need something to boost the signal to an acceptable level for the amp or not. I've asked this in multiple threads on here, but no one seems to know what the voltage is before and after the factory amp (or just straight from the HU on the LX & Sport models).

Someone mentioned below that Honda uses balanced. If it's anything like the '04-'08 TL's then it's a balanced differential signal. The easy remedy is to use the Rockford Fosgate BLD. I used it and still have it. Good little unit for sure.

Either way...save your money on that unit. Put that towards full blown DSP later down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denslayer View Post

Sent from
Are you positive it has balanced? Just making sure

The thing that we did in the '04+ TL's (they had a factory amp with balanced diff. signal too) was to splice into the signal BEFORE the amp. You DO NOT want to splice into the signal AFTER the amp as you're getting a signal that has already been crossed over and amplified. If these cars are anything like the TL, which I assume they are, the pre-amp signal or the wires BEFORE the amp are low voltage and full-range. Those are what you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimijam View Post
That is easy enough to figure out. When you turn up the volume, does the bass start to decrease? My '07 does this but not sure if yours does or not. If the bass starts to decrease, then you want the accubass.
Acura implements something like that also so they don't have to cover blown speakers constantly. Granted it follows how humans perceive sound relatively closely, but that's not why they did it lol. This was measured within the TL community and the amount the signal changed AFTER the amp in regards to this was minimal. I wouldn't worry about it. Nothing EQ or DSP can't fix.

...it's probably a good thing for the 99% of people that think the subs should be at 90+db on a reference level tone lol.

Quote:
Any LOC ****s. No way around that.

Quote:
The Audiocontrol units are definitely better than most out there, but they're still best avoided if possible.

'15 WOP v6 sedan
'17 Lux. XT5 AWD
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.