Do I need the Audio Control LC6 or LC7? - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #16 of 23 Old 08-20-2013, 09:29 AM
Roll Tide!

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytekazn View Post
Too the Assh*ole that recommmended all these fancy equipment.
Isn't the internet a great place to play tough guy without all the consequences? Come at me, bro!

2007 V6 AT Sedan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 Old 08-21-2013, 12:33 AM
4th Gear

Send a message via AIM to Hytekazn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjg49 View Post
Again,

1) Please take a spelling and grammar class because you sound like a child.

2) Please don't call people names that are trying to be helpful.

Thanks!

P.S. Most people when they disagree here are cordial and don't call each other "Assh*oles".

Sent from
This clown

Current Ride

Mods
-Sound system - Rockford 300watt amp, Boston acoustics SE60 components, Rockford Fosgate 10inch sub.
^ Happy Camper.
post #18 of 23 Old 09-10-2013, 11:10 AM
3rd Gear

jrogers81,

did you end up installing the LOC before or the factory amp? happy with your setup?

'13 EXL V6 Sedan CDN MSM

post #19 of 23 Old 09-10-2013, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

The wife had installed the LC7i. The shop completely bypassed the factory amp since I have a 4-channel and a mono amp. They also removed the 8" subwoofer on the rear deck so that the hole would act as a port for the bass. She said that the sound is amazing with no issues at all.

2013 Accord EX-L sedan, Hermatite Metalic
Aftermarket Upgrades: 20% tint, (more soon...)
Audio System: Stock H/U, Audio Control LC7i, Alpine PDX-5 pushing Polk db5251 (front) and db651s (rear), MB Quart RA1000.1 pushing one 15" Alpine SWS-15D4 subwoofer.
post #20 of 23 Old 12-20-2015, 02:50 PM
My First Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrogers81 View Post
I have a 2013 Accord EX-L with the factory 360 watt, 7 speaker system. I am going to install the Alpine PDX-5 5 channel amp, replace all speakers, and also add a 10" sub. Do I need the Audio Control LC6, LC7, or neither? I know that the PDX5 has low level inputs, but does my system benefit from the LC6 or need the added bass restoration of the LC7? If it does not need it, then I would rather invest the money elsewhere. If it does help, then I will get it. Please keep the suggestions to these two models, or to another device under $200. Thanks for the help!
I have a 2012 Ex-L and I'm using an LC6I myself. I am running a big 4 channel and a large monoblock being signaled by it.

Here is a list of the small (but fixable) issues I've ran into

1) the remote wire to my sub amp actually dropped to 9v when hammering at 1ohm. This caused my monoblock to cut in and out. This was fixed with a relay

2) Adjusting the lc6i output to the amp gain can be a chore. It is a noticeable amount more difficult to get the perfect combo of output/amp gain sweet spots

Would I do it again? HELL YEAH!! When people walk by my car they see nothing more than a "stock" radio :P I get compliments over and over again about my sound clarity and volume. No point in listing my gear as if anyone cares they'll ask lol
post #21 of 23 Old 12-20-2015, 04:22 PM
J35

Quote:
Originally Posted by celicaboy84 View Post
I have a 2012 Ex-L and I'm using an LC6I myself. I am running a big 4 channel and a large monoblock being signaled by it.

Here is a list of the small (but fixable) issues I've ran into

1) the remote wire to my sub amp actually dropped to 9v when hammering at 1ohm. This caused my monoblock to cut in and out. This was fixed with a relay

2) Adjusting the lc6i output to the amp gain can be a chore. It is a noticeable amount more difficult to get the perfect combo of output/amp gain sweet spots

Would I do it again? HELL YEAH!! When people walk by my car they see nothing more than a "stock" radio :P I get compliments over and over again about my sound clarity and volume. No point in listing my gear as if anyone cares they'll ask lol
Im planning to upgrade the stock sound system on my 2016 accord and would like to know what equipment you used
post #22 of 23 Old 12-20-2015, 08:29 PM
6th Gear

Garage
If you have a 9th gen EX-L or above you should look into a Mercman harness. It uses the OEM signal coming from the H/U (that is clean, unfiltered and 3.0v) and converts the output to a standard RCA. It's completely plug and play and 100% easily swappable back to stock. With this there is no need to use an LOC since you already have a low level signal to feed the amp. It allows all of the OEM features to still function (like the BT/Handsfree stuff as well as the balance/fade/sub level) right from the H/U.
post #23 of 23 Old 02-06-2017, 06:54 PM
3rd Gear

Garage
8th gen, specifically 2008 EXVL coupe, is balanced differential right?

-Eric

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

**Traded for Infiniti G37x**

2008 Accord EXV-L
San Marino Red/Charcoal
61k miles
Tinted 35/5/20
KB Volt HID 4300K
2015 Sport/Coupe Rims
Blacked out roof (vinyl)
Zapco ST-X5
12" Alpine Type R (sealed)

Future:
Roof spoiler
Audiocontrol EX (Three.2)
Front mids/highs
More sound deadening
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.