Drive Accord Honda Forums - View Single Post - Push To Start Conundrum | radio-pro.ru
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 01-11-2018, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
flavor
1st Gear

Unhappy

I set out to a nearby restaurant a couple hours earlier to pick dinner on a what had been a rainy day.
On returning to my 2013 Honda Accord I pushed the brake and hit the push to start button... it just clicked but did not start. The electronics on the dash all lit up as did the radio and my cell phone (charging cable connected)

I tried putting the car in neutral and starting afters, I tried using the fob over the push to start button. i tried starting it by pressing different zones of the PTS button but nothing worked.

After two hours of trying I got an uber home with my car still in the parking of the restaurant

I managed to get a video showing one of my last attempts before i got back home:

I was hoping for advice on whats the best course of actions.
From all the online reads it seems to be a recurring issue in the 2013 Accords.
Do I take it to any decent nearby repair shop or does it go to the dealership. I fear a huge price gouge at the dealership with them pointing to the starter and saying it will need $1000 to fix

I do not have extended warranty on the car, regular warranty expired last summer. The only service I can avail is AAA.

Any advice on what the fix could be or what my best yet economical options are would be most welcome!

Thanks!!!

quick additions:

the fob battery is fine since i could lock the door from afar,
the car battery is the same from 2018 but the electronics and internal lights etc turn on with no issue/dimness

Last edited by namegoeshere; 01-11-2018 at 08:41 PM. Reason: merge
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to

Related pages

inspection ticket nyhonda accord 94power steering pump 1998 honda accordp0325 knock sensor1998 honda accord stereo2009 honda fit oil filtercrosstour vs crvknock sensor what does it do2005 acura tl lowering springswhere is the oil sending unitgenerations of honda accordvsa light acura tlbraided exhaust pipecatalytic converter fell offcar dent fix costpaint code location hondastance wheels sc-5honda accord prices paidacura ilx forumoil pressure light flickersatf for hondahonda civic oxygen sensor replacementhandbrake switchngk wireshonda accord airbag light resetautolite sparkplugsviper 5301 remote startegr valve 1999 honda accordpaint job at maacohonda odyssey transmission pressure switcheibach shocks1997 honda civic alternatorradio code for 2007 honda civic1983 civic hatchback1999 honda accord v6 transmission problemsopt7 hidspark plug crush washer2012 accord coupe v6 specsh and r wheel spacers2003 honda accord v6 timing beltshark fin drilldnl tintingmb viper wheelshyundai santa fe stalls while drivinghonda accord ex 0 60how much does it cost to replace coolant2005 acura tl wont start2003 acura tl type s transmission recall1999 honda accord transmissionkarr security systemmichelin pilot alpin pa2rims for g35 coupeis tire balancing necessarybreaker bar harbor freighthow to rebuild a honda transmissionhonda pilot wiper bladeshonda gap insurance costp0706is it ok to use 5w20 instead of 5w30jiffy lube oil change costs2004 honda civic brake padsbuy headliner fabrichonda transmission additivevossen cv3 graphitewhat is hondatadiscount tires warranty2000 accord egr valvewhat causes brake lights not to workbalance and alignment walmarthonda euro 2004purolator catalog1997 honda accord water pumprattletrap sound deadener