CIPHER AUTO Racing Seats, Brackets and Harnesses Available at Throwdown Performance! - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 183 Old 11-29-2011, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Out of Control

Send a message via AIM to Throwdown
Thumbs up CIPHER AUTO Racing Seats, Brackets and Harnesses Available at Throwdown Performance!

After several months of searching for an aftermarket seat bracket and seat options for the 8th Gen Accord, we finally found brackets that could be custom ordered (available for almost all seats now) and were able to test fit these in our coupe These are available for all applications including all Honda Accords

Here's a few low quality shots (yes I know i need DSLR) on the seats installed, need to get better ones once it stops raining. Had them in for about a week and I'm very impressed with the quality for the cost (at 299 shipped for a pair it's hard to find a better deal anywhere) and how nicely they keep you attached to the seat in the corners

[CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|||

Don't see the parts you are looking for...
Advertisement

post #2 of 183 Old 11-29-2011, 10:17 PM
2nd Gear

Thank you for advocating as always for the 8th Gen. Accord. Throwdown FTMFW as always! I was just looking last week to see what aftermarket seating options we had available. Apparently it was the right time.

My question is: How can I keep the functions that I actually love about our seats (electronic adjustment and butt warmers)?... or is that something I have to give up?

Thanks again though Mark, and I'm excited nonetheless.

On a random side note though, has anyone heard any updates on the CT supercharger? When is Hondata going to pay us any attention either?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2008 ASM V6 Coupe 5AT
East Bay CA to Rainy OR

post #3 of 183 Old 11-29-2011, 10:19 PM
5th Gear

Are they safe if the car crash?

post #4 of 183 Old 11-29-2011, 10:29 PM
Michael

Let me know when you can buy them single, not a pair. I wouldn't want a passenger seat, as they wouldn't be in the car if I were on a track anyway.

/

/

post #5 of 183 Old 11-29-2011, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon-E5 View Post
Thank you for advocating as always for the 8th Gen. Accord. Throwdown FTMFW as always! I was just looking last week to see what aftermarket seating options we had available. Apparently it was the right time.

My question is: How can I keep the functions that I actually love about our seats (electronic adjustment and butt warmers)?... or is that something I have to give up?

Thanks again though Mark, and I'm excited nonetheless.

On a random side note though, has anyone heard any updates on the CT supercharger? When is Hondata going to pay us any attention either?
The big one was finding someone who could mock up the brackets, after that we were moving and we just had to confirm they fit before offering them for everyone

Regarding the functions, it does depend on the seat/brand. One thing, for those who haven't seen aftermarket seats is that (similar to wheels, etc) there is a huge spectrum of cost and options available. For example, Cipher which we used for the demo are really great seats for the cost, but won't have some of the additional options that other seats will have. Corbeau seats offer quite a bit of optional add ons while still being an incredible buy. Then there are even higher end seats like Recaro, Sparco, etc that some are made out of molded carbon fiber etc. that are easily in the four figure range per seat... To answer the question though, many have seat warmers as an available option (altho they are a little less needed on a cloth seat).

Regarding the electronic adjustments, most do not as it is something built into the actual bracket. Also your electronics such as the electronic adjustments add a LOT of weight to the seats. They are definitely nice comforts but since many who are opting for aftermarket seats are looking for performance the weight reduction also comes into play. I didn't weigh the seats, probably should... but I'd say the OEM driver side seat was at least if not more than twice the weight of the Cipher seat. The weight difference is pretty considerable as a seat with all the bells and whistles does get heavy.

CT, we are waiting for more details on... I think the issues that came up were on the tuning. As soon as they are available we will be the first to have them! Hondata for tuning, to be honest haven't approached them in some time and may be worth another pass. Last time we did (as did some members here) they were not interested at the time to get into tuning this platform as they had so many other projects on their plate. It never hurts to ask/approach them though.

|||

post #6 of 183 Old 11-29-2011, 10:47 PM
5th Gear

What about the safety Mark. Will the seat able to hold back when the car crash.
post #7 of 183 Old 11-29-2011, 10:52 PM
Dats da way to do...

Send a message via AIM to johnnydinh701
with these installed, how the passenger airbag light be one the whole time or is there a way to bypass that?

2009 Honda Accord BBP LX-S Coupe i4 auto
MODS
Trendgear Foglights
3000k 35w Foglight HIDs
8000k 55w lowbeam HIDs with relay harness
20% 3M tint all around
M3 rear window spoiler
interior 4 12inch LED floor lighting
WeatherTech inchannel window Visors
lower intake resonator removed
Red caliper paint
lower Grille
All four OEM speakers replaced with Clarion speakers

Future MODS
Takeda SRI
Megan Coilovers
Rear Camber kit
Magnaflow muffler
post #8 of 183 Old 11-30-2011, 06:53 AM Thread Starter
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2pvnus View Post
Are they safe if the car crash?
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2pvnus View Post
What about the safety Mark. Will the seat able to hold back when the car crash.
Very broad question but let me go into some detail as "safe" can have many meanings especially around the components themselves, how they are correctly/incorrectly installed, and the variations between the OEM and aftermarket. First, most racing seats like other mods are going to be disclaimed as offroad use. That being said, similar to a roll cage, chassis bracing, and other structuring modifications, the car actually will increase with proper installed components that would be present in a crash with the trade off being the side air bag on many newer cars not being present.

The fun part of this mod has been that with finding brackets, etc we did a lot of research on the topic. So I'll go briefly into the major topics that come up frequently around here.

Racing seats have different (and some no) certifications depending on the brand, seat, and how thoroughly it has been tested. This is similar to DOT approved exhausts vs non approved and other similar performance modifications. FIA is one certification that is often used for racing seats. Cipher seats are not FIA approved, from our understanding most FIA approved seats are typically full bucket seats that do not recline. These did go through an ADR approval process in Australia.

Harnesses and how they are installed is another major discussion point here. Harnesses (being what straps you down to the seat) and how they are secured is another important note. Many install harnesses by bolting them down into the OEM seat belt positions (you can see this done in many threads if you search "cipher seats review" or "cipher seats installed", etc) but the proper way to mount harnesses is to use a harness bar. I also purchased harnesses but in getting the seats in just installed the OEM seat belts at this time. Oh and good point to note, yes the brackets do have a mounting spot for your OEM belts to bolt right up to the bracket.

Lastly in terms of safety or even other issues that most (if not all) racing seats have vs your OEM seats is that many modern cars now include side air bags in the side of the seat which racing seats do not. This will cause a SRS light with most cars that can either be left alone or many "trick" the system using a resistor to trick the car in thinking they are still there.

All are important factors in deciding to choose or not to choose a racing seat for your car as it is a mod that definitely has it's pros and cons so I hope this briefly brought some to light to better inform anyone looking to purchase a seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydinh701 View Post
with these installed, how the passenger airbag light be one the whole time or is there a way to bypass that?
SRS light on the 8th gen did come on due to the side airbag not being there. There are some posts out there on using a resistor to "trick" the system and turn off the light by thinking that there is a side airbag there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artema View Post
Let me know when you can buy them single, not a pair. I wouldn't want a passenger seat, as they wouldn't be in the car if I were on a track anyway.
Tons of seats on the market. Many of the Cipher, Corbeaus, etc come as a pair, but some more premium level seats are offered as singles. Cipher is launching their Type 2 lineup shortly that is sold per seat. Corbeau also has several seats listed individually and many Sparco, Recaro, etc brands are sold individually, especially for cars that are only using one seat for a racing application.

|||

post #9 of 183 Old 12-09-2011, 07:26 AM Thread Starter
Out of Control

PM's returned!

|||

post #10 of 183 Old 12-21-2011, 12:37 PM
Stanced 8thGen Accord

thanks for the PM .. ..

Can't wait to see ___ ___ in my car.. ..

10' V6 Coupe BBP

post #11 of 183 Old 12-21-2011, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPearl2010 View Post
thanks for the PM .. ..

Can't wait to see ___ ___ in my car.. ..
.... tease

|||

post #12 of 183 Old 01-17-2012, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Out of Control

PM's returned!

|||

post #13 of 183 Old 02-09-2012, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
Out of Control

PM's returned!

|||

post #14 of 183 Old 04-10-2012, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Out of Control

PM's returned!

|||

post #15 of 183 Old 06-13-2012, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Out of Control

PM's returned!

|||

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.