Tires from Costco? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 07-22-2012, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear

Tires from Costco?

Hi all, I am in the market for 4 tires.

I know Costco tends to have great deals. I was wondering if anyone had recomendations from Costco with the brands they carry and what would be good for me. I am thinking a Michelin tire. I have Michelin Primacys now and they are good. I would need tires I can drive in the winter and summer with.

I currently have a 2006 EX sedan, live in Ohio, and do about half city half highway driving. A bit more in the city than on the highway though. I have stock rims so I pretty much just need a "regular" tire and a good price. I am willing to pay a little more for something that much better too.

Recommendations? Anything helps. Thanks.

Present: 2011 BMW 335i e92 6MT

Past: 2006 Accord Sedan 2.4

2007 Odyssey (dad's)
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-22-2012, 10:20 AM
1st Gear

Well i will recommend Michelin energy saver with the green X mark, its very smooth and saves fuel by reducing rolling resistance i have them and i am very happy with them....

Accord 2012 LX, TAFEETA PEARL WHITE
post #3 of 8 Old 07-23-2012, 06:49 AM

Enger tire in Cleveland has 4 Hankook Optimo H724 70k tire for $405 installed.

post #4 of 8 Old 07-23-2012, 03:23 PM
4th Gear

We would recommend that you check with a local Discount Tire store as they always guarantee the lowest installed price on any of the tires we carry.

It would be best to have a conversation about what you are looking for in a tire.

If you like the handling and performance of the Michelin Primacy now you may want to stick with it.

Let us know if we can be of assistance.

Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!
At The Store:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To Your Door:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Useful Links:

post #5 of 8 Old 07-23-2012, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear

Thanks for the input. I talked to a guy from Costco and he recommended a set of BF Goodrich that are around $500 out the door and it seemed good. I am still lookin.

2007 Odyssey (dad's)
post #6 of 8 Old 07-24-2012, 08:33 AM
3rd Gear

Costco has good prices on their tires but they also have a very limited selction of tires that are available for the Accord in my experience. They used to have Michelins for the Accord in stock but now it seems like all the tires they stock for my Accord (07 SE V6 size 215/50-17) are either Bridgestone or BF Goodrich (subsidiary of Michelin) Look on Tire Rack and use their shopping tools (Reviews, Surveys and Tests) to narrow down your choices. And don't forget your local Discount Tire and Kauffman Tire stores, too!
post #7 of 8 Old 08-17-2012, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear

Went with Turanzas. I like them. Very comparable to the Michelin Primacys I had before.

2007 Odyssey (dad's)
post #8 of 8 Old 08-17-2012, 01:25 PM
Low Gear

How I buy tires is by who is nice to me.

It's almost impossible to compare prices because often is not the "total price." There are all sorts of warranty, and plans that are tacked on, or not, which makes it a big clusterfock of numbers.

In the end, they are all priced "the same."

I'm loyal to Discount Tire (Americas Tire), because of what they done for me over the years, and even when I was "not a customer" on the new cars.

So I almost feel I'm obligated to them, because I can count on them again, later, if I need anything.

One thing you should consider is location and hours. If you got a flat, can they take care of it? Or do you have to wait till Monday? And what if you are travelling and got a flat? IMO, these are more important than than $5-$20 total end price difference when I shop compare.

And on comparison? I often see the "same" tire listed as model ABC12345 with one store, and listed as model ABC12346 with another.

We can call that apples to apples or apples to oranges.

2016 Accord EX I4, 2010 Accord EX-L V6, 2017 Accord Sport
Advertisement

Tags
costco, recommendation, sedan, tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.