Small bulge on tire sidewall.. - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 05-09-2012, 01:09 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Small bulge on tire sidewall..

So I was taking a look at my tires the other day and noticed a small bump on the sidewall of my rear right tire.. Looking closer, I saw that there was a small gash (about a thumbnail's length) from where the bump was coming from. Checked the tire pressure's on all 4 tires and they're all 33psi so I don't think there's a leak.

Should I be worried about this? Am I gonna have to buy new tires? This the first car I've owned so I'm kind of a newbie. I just bought it 3 weeks ago too..

I should also note that I've been having issues with my TPMS light (not the low tire pressure light) coming on even after I had them reset it at the dealership.. Not sure it relates to this.

I've attached a pic:

Attached Images
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-09-2012, 07:27 AM

I'd change it. Cheap insurance. There is no steel belt in the sidewall just rubber and the rubber has been compromised.

post #3 of 4 Old 05-09-2012, 08:27 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatinSilver View Post
I'd change it. Cheap insurance. There is no steel belt in the sidewall just rubber and the rubber has been compromised.
correct but in the side wall there is usually polyester or in my case the stronger polymide. But still your side wall has been compromised, time to change em out looks like the treads pretty low too. Depending on where you live and how you drive will make your tire choice. Tire Rack is a great place watch the test videos and the quantitative test results and also read the consumer reviews.

post #4 of 4 Old 05-09-2012, 08:32 AM
1st Gear

I HATE Michelin anyways . . . over priced for there performance most of the time absolutly love my BFG g force KDW summer tires, Continental Extreme Contanct DWS all season for the fall and my General Altimax Arctics for when the snow and ice plies up here in the hills of western PA . . . sorry for getting a bit excited.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.