Does anyone have these wheels or experience with "Maxxim" brand? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 04-20-2011, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Does anyone have these wheels or experience with "Maxxim" brand?

I'm thinking about purchasing these for my 2008 4 door after I get my old car sold.

Anyone have them, or have experience with the brand?

How are they?

I like that their the same size as my existing steel wheels, so I can just have the new tires swapped over.

Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-20-2011, 02:05 PM
5th Gear

Send a message via AIM to desiboy5291
It says those are 16x6.5
We have stock 17s on LX and stock 18s on V6
..... but never heard of the brand... maybe do a quick google search of "reviews Maxxim wheels" or something of the like.

08 Accord LX-S Nighthawk Black Pearl

RetroSolutions 35W 6000k HID| 2 10" JL Audio Subs| Alpine 1000W Amp| 25% Tint All Around| LED Trunk Light|
LED Dome Light| LED License Plate Light| V-LEDs Type 2 Dual Color Changing Turn Signals| Weapon-R Intake
post #3 of 8 Old 04-20-2011, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiboy5291 View Post
It says those are 16x6.5
We have stock 17s on LX and stock 18s on V6
..... but never heard of the brand... maybe do a quick google search of "reviews Maxxim wheels" or something of the like.
Tirerack tells me that OEM tires are 215/60-16

The ebay ad says maxxim is a brand line of Konig. But yeah, I'll be doing some digging with google before I buy.

post #4 of 8 Old 04-20-2011, 02:35 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_Tom View Post
Tirerack tells me that OEM tires are 215/60-16

The ebay ad says maxxim is a brand line of Konig. But yeah, I'll be doing some digging with google before I buy.
If you have 16" wheels, you must have an LX Sedan.

Maxxim wheels are, in fact, made by .

For aesthetic reasons, I suggest you go with at least 17" or 18" wheels.
There are many others on here that will recommend 19" minimum.

'08 NBP Sedan EX-L V6
Acura TL A-Spec 18x8 245/40/18 Hankook Ventus V12, HFP Suspension, SPC 3-arm, Progress 22mm, OEM Trunk Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, WeatherTech Side Deflectors, T-Rex Billet Grilles, CT Woodgrain Trim & Shift Knob, OEM Remote Starter, OEM Backup Sensors, Switchblade Keys, Door Sill Trim, Aluminum Pedals, JDM Steering Wheel, OEM Cargo Net, Eagle LED Tails, Takeda SRI, P2R TBS, P2R Manifold Spacer
KUDA Mount with CarComm iPhone Pass-thru Cradle and USA SPEC PA15-HON2 interface
post #5 of 8 Old 04-20-2011, 02:45 PM
niiice!

19" max.

17" Minimum.

2010 Accord Coupe EX I4 Auto PMM
post #6 of 8 Old 04-20-2011, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlanduh View Post
If you have 16" wheels, you must have an LX Sedan.

Maxxim wheels are, in fact, made by .

For aesthetic reasons, I suggest you go with at least 17" or 18" wheels.
There are many others on here that will recommend 19" minimum.
I appreciate it, but I have a 120 mile a day commute, and will be chewing through tires. 16" are a lot cheaper to get, and make for a better ride. Plus, I can use the existing tires that came on the car, the dealership just put on new ones before I bought it. No sense in wasting $400 in tires.
post #7 of 8 Old 04-20-2011, 03:58 PM
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV

Stick with 16's if you want to reuse your current tires. Not a huge difference between 16's and 17's anyways.

If the wheels are made by Konig, they should be decent quality. I have Privat brand wheels and they are also made by Konig. Good wheels.

08 Accord V6 Coupe Auto NAV PMM/Black

Haves:
20% Tint / 55W 5K HID / Debadged / Rebadged with HFP Emblems / No DRLs / 7th Gen Coupe Headrests / Oddyssey Lower Grill / 20" Privat Vulkans 20x8.5 45 ET / 245 35 20 Nitto Extreme ZR 555's / HFP Suspension / TSX RSB / Magnaflow CBE / Crosstour Shifter / Xpel Fog Light Film

Wants:
Rearview Camera / Hacked Navi

Previous Rides:
2000 CLK 320
1995 3000GT
1988 Supra Turbo
1982 Supra
1985 Accord
post #8 of 8 Old 04-20-2011, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
Stick with 16's if you want to reuse your current tires. Not a huge difference between 16's and 17's anyways.

If the wheels are made by Konig, they should be decent quality. I have Privat brand wheels and they are also made by Konig. Good wheels.
Thanks dude, good to hear.

I'm not huge on caring about the size, I'm just not a fan of the hub caps.

I thought about just keeping my old wheels and tires until I sold the car, but that will be years, and they'd probably dry-rot by then.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.