TSW Nurburgring and Interlagos: Rotary Forged wheels - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 03-15-2011, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

TSW Nurburgring and Interlagos: Rotary Forged wheels

Rotary Forged, what is that?
Rotary Forge is an advanced manufacturing process used to produce stronger and lighter weight cast wheels.
How does it work?
Wheel manufacturers cast the wheel with a narrow barrel. (as little as 4" wide). They then spin the wheel at a high speed, and at a high pressure, forge the barrel out to the desired width and shape.
What's the benefit?
This process alters the molecular structure and enhances the strength of the wheel. It also helps keep the wheels weight down when compared to traditional cast wheels. Most importantly, the weight savings is in the outer rim of the wheel which dramatically reduces rotational mass and enhances vehicle performance.

TSW has been using Rotary Forge technology to manufacture the Nurburgring and they are now using it to manufacture their New Interlagos as well. Those of you looking for a wheel upgrade that will help enhance the look and performance of your vehicle take a good look at these two options.

TSW Nurburging

Nurburgring weights according to TSW:
17x7.5 5x114.3 +45mm offset weighs approx. 17.6lbs.
17x8 5x114.3 +35mm offset weighs approx. 18.75lbs.
18x7.5 5x1114.3 +45mm offset weighs approx. 18.5lbs
18x8 5x1114.3 +35mm offset weighs approx. 19.75lbs.
18x8.5 5x1114.3 +45mm offset weighs approx. 19.5lbs
19x8 5x114.3 +35mm offset weighs approx. 20.75lbs
20x8.5 5-114.3 +40mm offset weighs approx. 23.25lbs

TSW Interlagos:

Interlagos estimated weights according to TSW (more will be available in the future):
17x8 5x114.3 +35mm offset weighs approx. 18.5lbs.
18x8 5x114.3 +35mm offset weighs approx. 19.5lbs.
For price and availability please call your local Discount Tire/ America's Tire. You can also find more information at or call Discount Tire Direct at 1.888.459.4080.

Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!
At The Store:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To Your Door:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Useful Links:

Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-15-2011, 10:07 AM
Swirl Free

Are either of these available in: 18x8 5x108 +38mm offset?

post #3 of 6 Old 03-15-2011, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorCity Honda View Post
Are either of these available in: 18x8 5x108 +38mm offset?
Unfortunately, no.

At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

post #4 of 6 Old 08-09-2011, 08:26 PM
1st Gear

I'm actually looking to buy the bronze rims for my 2011 accord sedan v6... I know the hfp 19s are 19x8 +55 offset. the 19x8 nurburgring with offset of 35 should fit right? I'm not too sure what the difference in offset means but can you explain how different it will be from the factory hfps? ride quality?

thanks!
post #5 of 6 Old 08-10-2011, 06:57 AM
2nd Gear

Hey, I have some questions for the nurburging series, if I were to replicate as stock as possible (ex-l), do I purchase the 18x8.5 with 45mm offset?
post #6 of 6 Old 08-11-2011, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jDizzles View Post
I'm actually looking to buy the bronze rims for my 2011 accord sedan v6... I know the hfp 19s are 19x8 +55 offset. the 19x8 nurburgring with offset of 35 should fit right? I'm not too sure what the difference in offset means but can you explain how different it will be from the factory hfps? ride quality?

thanks!
The lower the offset, the more the wheel will push out towards the fender. For this particular set-up, the offset won't have an effect on ride quality but you should see an increase in handling.

The 19x8 +35 will stick slightly outside of the fender so you may need to make some fender mods or run neg. camber depending on the tire size being run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkalf View Post
Hey, I have some questions for the nurburging series, if I were to replicate as stock as possible (ex-l), do I purchase the 18x8.5 with 45mm offset?
The 18x8.5 +45 Nurburgring is the closest set-up to stock and will work on your EX-L but you may need to make the same modifications noted above.

At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.