Looking good all season tires? - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
10Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 20 Old 09-01-2017, 03:02 PM
Out of Control

Put the better set on the rear, ask Dunlop or go to a Goodyear store since that is who owns Dunlop about what rotation pattern to use since you have 2 different tire models.

2004 4cyl. EX Sedan automatic 510K - 2017 EX automatic 2K
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 Old 09-07-2017, 02:20 PM
Sealed with ceramic coat

FYI,

Consumer Reports has the Continental DWS tire rated as much worse than average for snow traction and tread wear (e.g. the dreaded black dot).

Under CR's new rating system, the Continental DWS06 tire was rated as “Fair” for snow traction, “Good” for ice braking, “Very Good” for wet braking and hydroplaning, “Excellent” for wet handling.

The B.F. Goodrich g-Force Comp-2 A/S tire was rated as “Very Good” for snow traction, ice braking, wet handling, wet braking and hydroplaning.

2017 EX Coupe K24 6MT
Crystal Black Pearl
Purchased - 5/31/17

2004 EX-L Coupe K24 5AT
Nighthawk Black Pearl
Beater - retirement pending
post #18 of 20 Old 09-15-2017, 07:51 PM
1st Gear

You didn't specify what part of Maryland you live in. If you're up in the mountains, I would do a separate set of snow tires for the winter months. If you're closer to Baltimore, an all-season tire with good snow performance will do the job just fine.
MzCountry and KW2004Accord like this.

post #19 of 20 Old 10-04-2017, 04:38 PM
3rd Gear

I've been logged out of DA for a while, but in case I'm not too late, I'd second JinX's recommendation of the Nokian WR G3 tires. They are classified as "All Weather" instead of All-Season (they're based on the Central European WR A3 winter tires- the WR G3 is really a performance winter that won't melt in the summer heat). Foul weather traction (rain, snow, slush, ice) is superb. If you live in an area that sees a lot of snow, then I would agree with JREwing78 and recommend a set of winter tires on separate rims.

2012 Accord EX-L V6 coupe, polished metal metallic.
post #20 of 20 Old 10-04-2017, 05:04 PM
Doritos Spinner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekWildstar View Post
I've been logged out of DA for a while, but in case I'm not too late, I'd second JinX's recommendation of the Nokian WR G3 tires. They are classified as "All Weather" instead of All-Season (they're based on the Central European WR A3 winter tires- the WR G3 is really a performance winter that won't melt in the summer heat). Foul weather traction (rain, snow, slush, ice) is superb. If you live in an area that sees a lot of snow, then I would agree with JREwing78 and recommend a set of winter tires on separate rims.
I believe I got the suggestions from you.

Nokian makes some good winter tires. I am putting on some Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 tires for my RX-8 in a couple of days - don't want to take chances in a RWD.

With an Accord, all-weather is good enough for most cases.
DerekWildstar likes this.

2008 Honda Accord Coupé EX-L V6 w/Navi 5AT PMM(sadly sold)

You will be remembered.

1999 Toyota Corolla CE 5MT SM(sold)

2009 Mazda RX-8 GT w/Navi 6MT VRM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.