Will 2000 Toyota Celica wheels/tires fit 2016 Accord? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-04-2017, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Will 2000 Toyota Celica wheels/tires fit 2016 Accord?

So I have a set of 17 inch rims with tires lying around from my old 2000 Toyota Celica. Measurements of that wheel is as follows: P215/40Z/R17 W

I did some checking around and saw that if I buy this same tire/rim combo for my Accord, the aspect ratio would have to be 55 instead of 40.

Will there be any real issues with running my old Celica rims on my Accord? My car is a 2016 Accord EX.

post #2 of 3 Old 04-04-2017, 09:25 AM
Runnin' in the 90s

It's not the tire size you have to look at. P215/40Z/R17 W is your tire size, not the wheel size (it gives the general wheel size of 17 but there's more to it than that). You need to check the bolt pattern and center bore. If they match, they will probably fit. You can't just slap a set of wheels on a car because they have the same number of holes in them

For example, the 14" stock wheels from a 1990 Pontiac Grand Am will fit on a 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier, which usually has stock 15" wheels. They are different size wheels, but the bolt pattern is the same: 5x100, which means it has 5 bolt holes and the diameter of each hole is 100mm.

If I go to I can see a nice list of wheels from lots of cars that'll fit a car with the 5x100 bolt pattern.

If I check the 1990 Grand Am against the 2002 Cavalier, I can see that the Center Bore: 57.1 mm and Lug Size: M12 x 1.5 are exactly the same. This should ensure a good fit. This is also why a set of stock 1992 Accord wheels fit my 1999 Accord. They have the same bolt pattern and center bore size.

Tire size is a case to case thing. You may be able to swap tires off your old ones, but if the wheel is a different size they won't fit, most likely. Offset is something I have yet to completely grasp, but from what I gather it's the amount of tire that sticks out past the wheel well.

From a very quick search, a 2000 Celica has a 5x100 bolt pattern and the 2016 Accord has a 5x114.3 (which is most Accords' stock wheel bolt pattern). Considering Toyota once made a Cavalier, those Celica wheels would just about fit my Cavalier

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1999 Honda Accord LX Sedan 2.3 F23A4 147K Airwrap Jet Black

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1998 Chevy Camaro Coupe 3.8 3800 II 124K Sebring Silver

1989 Honda Prelude Si Coupe 2.0 B20A5 4WS 93k Granada Black Pearl
post #3 of 3 Old 04-04-2017, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Yup, you're correct. As I've mentioned, I'm not so knowledgeable on wheels and such as I rarely stray from OEM :sadface:

I had the 17s from the old Celica on a 93 GTS that I'm trying to restore at the moment. I just wanted to see if I could save a bunch by swapping the wheels now that the snow is gone up North!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.