Another Winter Wheel/Tire Thread? - Drive Accord Honda Forums |
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 04-01-2017, 06:03 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a rehash of old discussions.

Just purchased a 2017 Accord V6 Touring and am sick to my stomach with excitement. I do need a set of Winter rims and tires for next Winter though and the dealership is not being as helpful as I'd like.

What is an appropriate combination for this car in terms of wheel size and tire size?

I would like to go with 16" or perhaps 17" steel wheels and 225 or 215 60 or 50 sized tires ideally. What is an ideal size combination that will match the diameter of the OEM mags and tires? What are people using for Winter setups on these vehicles? Are steel wheels with the proper bolt pattern, offset, etc. readily available? How much are OEM TPMS sensors for installation on the steel wheels? Do TPMS sensors need to be reprogrammed every time the wheels/tires are changed or is this a one-time calibration for any given wheel/tire? Does this need to be done at the dealership or can good tire shops complete this?

I may need to nurse my dealership through this or go elsewhere for the wheels.

I'm in Canada btw...

Thanks a lot for any help or suggestions!

Durr, just to answer my own question...

The dealership has a package they sell to people all-inclusive out the door which consists of 17" silver steel wheels and Michelin X-Ice 3 tires priced comparably to DIY.

They do sell the 17" steel wheels separately also with center caps.

Question: The service writer said that when they do Winter wheels/tires they don't have any "upgrade" (TPMS sensors) listed on the system. Do these new cars use an ABS algorithm or something like that to monitor tire pressure and do not use physical sensors? This is something that is not easy to get an answer on from my limited experience.

Thanks namegoeshere, will edit next time.

Last edited by namegoeshere; 04-01-2017 at 10:33 AM. Reason: merge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.