Replacement Spare Tire - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 02-16-2017, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Replacement Spare Tire

I have had to use the temporary spare tire a couple of times over the past two years. The most recent time was a month ago when I had to use it for about a week... so it's likely time to replace it.

I called one of the local Honda dealers to get pricing for a replacement, but the parts guy told me that they don't stock it and would have to call around to find one.

Has anyone purchased a replacement? If so, where? TireRack sells one model (Yokohama) in the same size (T135/90D15) for over $160.

I thought about checking local salvage yards, but I'm not sure I want to buy a temporary spare from there. Even if it hasn't been used, if I get one from the same year (2007), it would be 10 years old.

2017 Honda Odyssey EX-L RES (Smoky Topaz)
2007 Honda Accord EX-L V6 AT 4DR (Alabaster Silver Metallic)
2005 Honda Pilot EX-L (Desert Rock Metallic)

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier LS sedan (silver)
1995 Yamaha FZR600
1995 Suzuki Katana 600 (teal)
1996 Acura Integra GS-R sedan (Black Currant Pearl)
1984 Chevrolet Celebrity (brown)
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-16-2017, 03:30 PM
Out of Control

I once bought a spare tire / wheel from a junk yd. Several months later I had a flat, put on the spare, pulled away & the tire blew out. Turned out it was dry rotted.

2004 4cyl. EX Sedan automatic 511K - 2017 EX automatic 2K
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.