Mastercraft Avenger - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 02-15-2017, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Mastercraft Avenger

Looking for some new tires. Figured id try my local craigslist first. Came across those. On a stock rim would they fit and have no issues? Stock tire is 205/60/15 The sidewall would be shorter thus lowering the car slightly. Would that be a problem? And for 4 new tires at 180 is this a good deal?

1997 Accord Ex V6 205k
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-15-2017, 01:24 PM
Don't drink and drive

Garage
Price isn't too bad. Check the manufacture date and make sure they're not too old. It's not recommended to run tires that are over 5 years old. If I'll buy any, I'd like them to be no more than 3 years old so I have time to run them.

2005 Honda Accord V6 LX - 177k
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2003 Ford F-150
2015 Rocky Mountain Soul (Runs on fat)

2005 Toyota Corolla
2011 Ninja 250R
2006 Cadillac CTS
1999 Nissan Altima

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Ordinary people have big TVs. Extraordinary people have big libraries." - Robin Sharma
post #3 of 7 Old 02-15-2017, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by salcuta88 View Post
Price isn't too bad. Check the manufacture date and make sure they're not too old. It's not recommended to run tires that are over 5 years old. If I'll buy any, I'd like them to be no more than 3 years old so I have time to run them.
Awesome. Ill make sure i check that when i go look at them

1997 Accord Ex V6 205k

post #4 of 7 Old 02-15-2017, 02:05 PM
6th Gear

The price is good, I've never heard of the brand. Chinese?
post #5 of 7 Old 02-15-2017, 02:10 PM

Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,360 Posts
Yeah....date code. Remember Sears got sued 10 years ago for selling "New" tires that had been sitting in a hot warehouse for 8 years. I can't believe that business still exists.
post #6 of 7 Old 02-15-2017, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheezyPoofs View Post
The price is good, I've never heard of the brand. Chinese?
Not even sure. Thats why i posted it here first. I was looking at these originally Just need something for the summer months and then i drive my jeep in the winter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBlaine View Post
Yeah....date code. Remember Sears got sued 10 years ago for selling "New" tires that had been sitting in a hot warehouse for 8 years. I can't believe that business still exists.
Yes i will be making sure to look for that. Anything over 2-3 years i probably won't buy because this is only a dd in summer so it won't get a ton of miles. They are only good for bringing back broken craftsmen tools to have them replaced for free lol

1997 Accord Ex V6 205k
post #7 of 7 Old 02-16-2017, 03:46 AM
4th Gear

Mastercraft is Cooper's private brand. I've had them in the past and they are good tires.

'13 Accord EX-L V6 coupe w/navi, 58K (my daily ride)
'14 Sonata GLS, 23K (wife's grocery getter)
'14 Kia Forte LX, 56K (kid's car at college)
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.