30K miles, OEM tires need replacement - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
2Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 07-10-2015, 08:33 AM Thread Starter
JZP
Tampa FL

30K miles, OEM tires need replacement

So I am almost at 30K miles on my Accord Sport, and in need of new tires. To all of those out there that had to replace their tires, what brand did you have and how long did they last?

I have the Bridgestone and to be honest, I do not like them very much.

Now I have the dilemma what tire to get, that is a whole headache in itself. maybe you guys can chime in

I Live in FL; therefore, I was thinking Summer tires, but they usually have a shorter tread life. Therefore, I am deciding to go with Ultra High Performance All Season (I like to drive fast and take fast turns). so I am debating between the following tires:

1- SUMITOMO HTR A/S P02 ($100 per tire) -lower price and some nice reviews; I had Sumitomos before on my previous Accord, they were very grippy, but they needed replacement quickly (summer tires).

2- GENERAL G-MAX AS-03 ($135 per tire) - Good reviews but never had this brand before.

3-BFGOODRICH G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S- ($144 per tire) Great reviews but pricier than other 2

4- CONTINENTAL EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 - ($170 per tire) - I had the previous version of these tires, they are phenomenal; but too expensive

5 - Falken Pro G4 A/S - ($120 per tire) -less expensive alternative but could not find any reviews

Does anyone have any experiences with these tires or other recommendations? Thank you in advance you your input

2014 MSM Accord Sport 6MT, Leather seats with red stitching, tint, all weather floor mats, cargo tray
2016 Kia Sorento EX V6 with Touring package

Previous:
- 2016 Kia Sorento EX V6 (Wife's Car)
- 2006 Accord EX V6 Auto (traded)
- 2008 Blue SUBARU Tribeca
- 1992 Civic hatch w/ B16b and JDM LSD 5MT transmission, 16" volcano wheels, red Recaro racing seats, all JDM interior (too much $$$ now I regret it)
-1988 white Accord DX Coupe 5MT (my very first car)
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 07-10-2015, 09:08 AM
4th Gear

Good question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZP View Post
So I am almost at 30K miles on my Accord Sport, and in need of new tires. To all of those out there that had to replace their tires, what brand did you have and how long did they last?

I have the Bridgestone and to be honest, I do not like them very much.

Now I have the dilemma what tire to get, that is a whole headache in itself. maybe you guys can chime in

I Live in FL; therefore, I was thinking Summer tires, but they usually have a shorter tread life. Therefore, I am deciding to go with Ultra High Performance All Season (I like to drive fast and take fast turns). so I am debating between the following tires:

1- SUMITOMO HTR A/S P02 ($100 per tire) -lower price and some nice reviews; I had Sumitomos before on my previous Accord, they were very grippy, but they needed replacement quickly (summer tires).

2- GENERAL G-MAX AS-03 ($135 per tire) - Good reviews but never had this brand before.

3-BFGOODRICH G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S- ($144 per tire) Great reviews but pricier than other 2

4- CONTINENTAL EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 - ($170 per tire) - I had the previous version of these tires, they are phenomenal; but too expensive

5 - Falken Pro G4 A/S - ($120 per tire) -less expensive alternative but could not find any reviews

Does anyone have any experiences with these tires or other recommendations? Thank you in advance you your input
I live in Florida, have a 2014 Sport Standard. First the answer to your question. I called tire rack, explained I didnt like these Bridgestone tires and he said the Continental Extreme contact is the best tire for me. The Continentals have a somewhat more forgiving sidewall and are quieter. If you would help me out on something, I have a vibration in the front of the car, its on and off, above 35MPH. You feel it in the gas pedal and steering. Do or did you have this condition in your car . The dealer force balanced the tires, the vibration still is there. Dealer admits the vibration, but says they are all like that and can not fix the problem. Tried a brand new sport out and it was worse than mine ---- but both have the Bridestone tires . Thanks

post #3 of 21 Old 07-10-2015, 10:09 AM
5th Gear

I really liked my Michelin Primacy MXV4s, but they were quite expensive. Maybe not grippy enough for you.

My Michelin Pilot Primacys were very grippy, but only good for 30k miles.

Lot's of love in various reviews for Pirelli P7 Cinturato All Season Plus, but I've never personally owned Pirelli and can't speak from any experience.

Quote:
I've never owned Generals either, but I assume I will. I used to always hear, "sooner or later, you'll own Generals!" on the radio when I was a kid.
JZP likes this.

2006 SE Sedan I4 5MT

post #4 of 21 Old 07-10-2015, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
JZP
Tampa FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Vette View Post
I live in Florida, have a 2014 Sport Standard. First the answer to your question. I called tire rack, explained I didnt like these Bridgestone tires and he said the Continental Extreme contact is the best tire for me. The Continentals have a somewhat more forgiving sidewall and are quieter. If you would help me out on something, I have a vibration in the front of the car, its on and off, above 35MPH. You feel it in the gas pedal and steering. Do or did you have this condition in your car . The dealer force balanced the tires, the vibration still is there. Dealer admits the vibration, but says they are all like that and can not fix the problem. Tried a brand new sport out and it was worse than mine ---- but both have the Bridestone tires . Thanks
I have not had a vibration that you mention.... except in a particular road i travel daily (but that is the road not the car)

2014 MSM Accord Sport 6MT, Leather seats with red stitching, tint, all weather floor mats, cargo tray

Previous:
- 1992 Civic hatch w/ B16b and JDM LSD 5MT transmission, 16" volcano wheels, red Recaro racing seats, all JDM interior (too much $$$ now I regret it)
post #5 of 21 Old 07-10-2015, 11:22 AM
RacerRik

I would suggest Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires. They are a summer only tire but still have good tread wear life. They also have better grip than any all season tire in both dry and wet conditions. You will love these tires if you are an aggressive driver as you described. The price is also surprisingly reasonable for such a high performance tire and they are one of the very few summer tires with a tread wear warranty. 30K miles guaranteed! They also have a UTQG of 300, which is better than the rest of the summer only tires.

2001 Accord EX-L
2003 Odyssey EX
2008 Mazda6
post #6 of 21 Old 07-10-2015, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
JZP
Tampa FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerRik View Post
I would suggest Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires. They are a summer only tire but still have good tread wear life. They also have better grip than any all season tire in both dry and wet conditions. You will love these tires if you are an aggressive driver as you described. The price is also surprisingly reasonable for such a high performance tire and they are one of the very few summer tires with a tread wear warranty. 30K miles guaranteed! They also have a UTQG of 300, which is better than the rest of the summer only tires.
Thank you for the feedback, but at $240 per tire, that is too much.... One of the reasons I was looking at the Ultra High performance All Season, is the UTQC of 500 or more; I want the tires to last a little longer

Previous:
post #7 of 21 Old 07-10-2015, 04:17 PM
RacerRik

Wow! $240 for the PSS tires huh? What size are you buying? Mine were half that price in 225R45-17 size.

2001 Accord EX-L
2003 Odyssey EX
2008 Mazda6
post #8 of 21 Old 07-10-2015, 04:27 PM
4th Gear

I am also looking to replace all 4 and have narrowed it down to the Cont Extreme Contact or the Pirelli P7 Cinturato. I WILL NOT be buying my tires from Sears this time, as I've come to realize they are way expensive compared to buying from Tirerack and having them installed. Even factoring in the free rotations and balancing. Also, I've found the Road Hazard to be useless. Better off putting that money towards any new tires in the future, unless you tend to hit a lot of potholes.

I think I may go with the

as they are $100 shipped on Amazon.

2003 Accord EX-L V6 J30A4 AT Graphite Pearl Sedan 90k
2003 Accord EX-L V6 J30A4 AT Graphite Pearl Sedan 122k

Looking for a '06-'09 Coupe V6 6MT to be my project car.

Cherish our history. Save the Confederate Flag.
post #9 of 21 Old 07-11-2015, 05:07 AM
2nd Gear

Garage
I have the oem Michelin Primacy MXV4s on my 2013 Sport.I have just over 40,000 miles on them and 5 to 6 32 nds of tread left. I'm very happy with them. But they are quite expensive to replace.

2017 Accord SE CVT.
2016 Mazda CX9 Sport AWD.
2015 Honda Goldwing F6B Deluxe.
2014 Honda CTX700.
post #10 of 21 Old 07-11-2015, 06:25 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
I had Falken on my Wife's other car a couple of years ago. I kept them on for a year before I traded the car. They wore well, but felt heavy and sluggish. I wouldn't buy Falkens again for that reason.

2006 EX-L Coupe 2.4L 5MT 162,500
Sapphire Blue Pearl w/Ivory Leather

夢のパワー
post #11 of 21 Old 07-11-2015, 08:02 AM

Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,360 Posts
Do more research at Discount Tire and at TireRack.

Whatever you go with, make sure you check the 4 digit date code. A buddy of mine bought "new" tires back in 2011, and the date code on them was from 2008! Not cool.

Follow up from suggestions from people who don't list or mention location. Tires for someone in snowy, pot-holed Illinois may not be satisfactory for someone in hot, rainy Florida....

2005 Accord EX-L
2-door Coupe
PZEV emission vehicle (!)
4-cylinder, 5-speed Automatic Transmission
16.5 pound Acura RSX 16 inch wheels & 215/55R 16 Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 tires
145k miles (as of Jan '18)
post #12 of 21 Old 07-11-2015, 10:18 AM
Roll Tide!

Trust me.

2007 V6 AT Sedan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 21 Old 07-12-2015, 08:30 AM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhonda View Post
I really liked my Michelin Primacy MXV4s, but they were quite expensive. Maybe not grippy enough for you.

My Michelin Pilot Primacys were very grippy, but only good for 30k miles.

Lot's of love in various reviews for Pirelli P7 Cinturato All Season Plus, but I've never personally owned Pirelli and can't speak from any experience.

I've never owned Generals either, but I assume I will. I used to always hear, "sooner or later, you'll own Generals!" on the radio when I was a kid.
Can't recommend a tire for you since you live in Florida but as far as General goes, don't rule them out .

I have had General Altimax RT43 on my Odyssey that replaced Michelins and were overall better for tire wear and all season use. Priced much lower than a comprable Michelin.

I also have had General Altimax Arctics for snows. These were pretty good but not like a Bridgestone Blizzak snow tires but were inexpensive. I believe that Continental owns General so that should give general some more credibility.
post #14 of 21 Old 07-15-2015, 06:47 AM Thread Starter
JZP
Tampa FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimijam View Post
Trust me.
Do you have these? I drive agressively, and I like to turn fast turns, so I need to make sure they grip good.

Previous:
post #15 of 21 Old 07-15-2015, 07:44 AM
Reverse Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhonda View Post
I have the P7's on the 2007 and although I really like them, I would not recommend them for the OP. Yes the ride, mileage, grip, expected tread life are all great, but the steering doesn't feel as precise as the OEM Bridgestones, or General Altimax Tires that I had on the car previously.

JZP likes this.

2007 Accord LX-SE 4d 5spd MT Graphite Pearl (was his, now son's)
2015 Accord EX-L V6 4d AT Crystal Black Pearl/Ivory (His)
2015 Accord EX-L V6 4d AT White Orchid Pearl/Ivory (Hers)

Previous Rides
1993 Buick Regal 3.8
1992 Acura Legend LS 4D 5MT
1992 Nissan Maxima SE 4AT
1986 Nissan Maxima SE 5MT
1981 Saab 900 Turbo 4D 3AT "The money pit" $5K+ in repairs in 2 years
1976 Volvo 242DL 3AT "The Vault"
1976 Toyota Corona 4D 3AT "The Oven" black vinyl interior and no A/C
The Following User Says Thank You to BenzAccord For This Useful Post:
JZP (07-15-2015)
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.