Drive Accord Honda Forums - View Single Post - Extend Factory Head Unit to the Trunk - A Tutorial | radio-pro.ru
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 04-24-2017, 04:42 AM Thread Starter
TMVB
Out of Control

Garage
Extend Factory Head Unit to the Trunk - A Tutorial

Finally was able to pull off what I had been wanting to do all along - extend the factory head unit somewhere else in the car so that I can add an aftermarket head unit, and keep the factory connected to power the upper display. This way my backup camera, MPG screens and settings remain intact.

So many have said that this can't be done, I didn't want to risk damaging some of the cables so I buried it inside the dash underneath the climate controls. Not an ideal solution.

Thanks to timeshifter who found an audio shop in California that had done this. A couple of phone calls and email exchanges and I learned everything they had done. Turns out this is a lot easier than people were thinking.

I made a tutorial video that should answer all questions and that's posted here:

Here's what the final product looks like with it mounted inside the trunk.

Attached Images

'15 MSM Accord Sport 6MT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TMVB For This Useful Post:
fighter1313 (04-30-2017), Gearhead82 (10-30-2017), Merc6 (07-26-2017), sm753 (04-25-2017), VincentA (04-26-2017)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to

Related pages

weathertech reviews2002 honda crv engine lighthonda crv power steering rack leakhonda accord starter replacement costvin etching kit2006 honda civic ex coupe mpg2002 honda accord transmission fluid changeilluminated door sillshonda upholstery fabricprevent rotor rustnexus 7 car dash mountsprint booster usaviper alarm system resetuhaul tow hitcheshonda accord convertiblemazda protege reliabilityhonda civic bubbleautocraft 24f 6hondaofslidellhonda crv vs pilotviper 4205v installation1997 honda civic lx mpgseat covers priusscosche fai-3a installationf23a enginekand n air filterftw wheelsdo window deflectors reduce wind noiseduplicolor shadow chromehonda spark plug wireshonda parts now.comacura tl side mirrorcostco auto batteries canadahonda pilot windshield wiperssymptoms of speed sensor failuredifferent brands of motor oilsrs light on dashheat shield on catalytic convertercar code p01412001 honda accord climate control panelsubaru brz vs scion frs pricestubling2007 honda accord wiper blade sizehonda crv check engine light flashingnismo 370z rims05 accord hybrid mpgmxv4 review2003 crv gas mileagefactory alignment specsrepair leather tearmagnaflow muffler delete7440 socketmetalcast smokehow to program 2005 honda accord keyhonda accord coupe 8th genaccord registersthrottle body honda accordpower steering pump leaking fluidprimewell tirecvt failureprice to reupholster car seats1990 accord specs2010 honda accord key fob batterywheel shakes when driving1992 honda accord fuel pumpavs window rain guardssmoked rear lights legalhonda rust repair panelsyellow lamin-xhonda accord cl9 for salejdm headliner