1992 Accord LX Brake Rotors - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 02-18-2013, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

1992 Accord LX Brake Rotors

2 questions regarding brake rotors:

1--The front rotors are those goofy ones ("Pull off--Press on")
Is there a conversion kit to change the "funky" rotors for something more common?

2--The rear brakes are drums--is there a conversion kit to change those over to disc brakes?

Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-20-2013, 09:54 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumdoctor View Post
2 questions regarding brake rotors:

1--The front rotors are those goofy ones ("Pull off--Press on")
Is there a conversion kit to change the "funky" rotors for something more common?

2--The rear brakes are drums--is there a conversion kit to change those over to disc brakes?
1. yes. reuse accord wheel bearings. press the bearings into a 98 acura cl 2.3 hub. and use the rotors for a 98 acura cl 2.3. You retain the stock caliper and bracket from the accord.

2. yes. 92-93 ex came with rear discs. you can find it in a junkyard. However, if you simply searched on google; which I can tell you didin't. You would find a few places online that sell kits to swap your car to rear disc brakes instead of drums.

1991 Honda Accord EX
post #3 of 5 Old 03-24-2013, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

So I can get all the rear brake parts from a 92 or 93 Accord EX and put them on my 1992 Accord LX, correct?

Is it all just bolt on?

I did search some on Google, but did not find what I was looking for.
It was either a complete kit for all 4 wheels or was some high performance kit with a big price tag.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

post #4 of 5 Old 03-25-2013, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

If I replace my rear drums with discs on my 1992 Accord, will I still have a parking brake?
post #5 of 5 Old 03-26-2013, 12:02 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumdoctor View Post
If I replace my rear drums with discs on my 1992 Accord, will I still have a parking brake?
You have to get the ebrake cable and for the rear disc brakes, the drum brakes will not have the right ebrake cable. For the rears and front, you can order the kit from TASauto.com. It will be the easiest way to get all the parts that you need, but will require a bigger investment. They sell the kits to make the front rotors easier to take off. The front requires you to take it apart and put it back together and is very easy. For the rears, you need to do a bit more work. It requires installing all of the braking components (caliper, brackets, hub, rotor, brake lines, ebrake cable) Not for the type of person who doesn't work on their car much. There is a lot more information on cb7tuner.com. Go to that forum and search around. They have a lot of this information stickied with links to part numbers and more information.

1991 Honda Accord EX
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.