1992 Honda accord cpe....ABS light constantly on..recommendations please. - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 01-10-2011, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

1992 Honda accord cpe....ABS light constantly on..recommendations please.

ABS light is on all the time.

I've been told this is a sign of the module gone bad......can anyone point out some info on it.....locations also possibly a cheap reliable fix.
Is a junkyard part worth it?
Fleabay it?

Thnks in advance.

03 Honda Accord EX-L I4 Automatic. Uh yea pretty much stock...it's my daily driver.....when i want to hotrod I work on my Z28.
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-10-2011, 02:09 PM
LEAVE ME ALONE, DEER!!!!

Send a message via AIM to stiller fan Send a message via Yahoo to stiller fan Send a message via Skype™ to stiller fan
could be a wheel sensor gone bad too..... that happened on my 93....

eventually i just pulled the fuse and dealt with the light....

current car: 2007 Honda Accord LX-SE 4dr 2.4 MT 20xk miles (slowly and gradually nursing her back to health)

prior vehicles:
2007 Honda Accord LX Coupe 2.4 MT (409k miles, RIP)
1999 Honda Accord coupe (197k, blown head gasket)
1993 Honda Accord (retired 369k)
post #3 of 6 Old 01-10-2011, 04:22 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWilliamson View Post
ABS light is on all the time.

I've been told this is a sign of the module gone bad......can anyone point out some info on it.....locations also possibly a cheap reliable fix.
Is a junkyard part worth it?
Fleabay it?

Thnks in advance.
It might sound obvious, but mine was on for years when I realized there was a separate abs brake fluid location vs the normal brake fluid for my 96 accord. Once I filled it up, light went off

post #4 of 6 Old 01-11-2011, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Please tell me more of this fabled seperate brake fluid tank. I haven't noticed it...!! could very well be my problem.

where where where?

03 Honda Accord EX-L I4 Automatic. Uh yea pretty much stock...it's my daily driver.....when i want to hotrod I work on my Z28.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-11-2011, 04:25 PM

Follow the brake lines from the master cylinder, you should find them leading to the modulator assembly. If the modulator has a relatively large sphere on it and a reservoir, it's got the accumulator/pump system. Make sure the reservoir is full. If it isn't it needs to be filled, then properly bled, provided the accumulator is still charged with pressure.

If it is, there can be up to 3500 psi in the system and opening the bleeder carelessly can cause you major problems if the fluid were to get into your skin.

The system should be set to blink codes, so you know what the problem is.

Sapphire blue '04 V6 6 speed w/ full HFP, comptech ss, momo shadow, TL-S 27.2h/20 bars, intake spacer, retro chrome MH1 HIR2 highs, hella DE fogs, EBC Ultimax, subwoofer/amp, infinity rears, HD Radio, aux adapter, navi conversion.

Vermilion 1999 SVT F150 Lightning, Sylvania/Visteon Xenarc HID headlamps, '01 L turn/marker lamps, PIAA fogs, '01 up Bilstein shocks, all Pioneer speakers, Clarion subwoofer. All Redline fluids.

Silverstone 2003 Honda S2000, bone stock
post #6 of 6 Old 01-11-2011, 05:34 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWilliamson View Post

Please tell me more of this fabled seperate brake fluid tank. I haven't noticed it...!! could very well be my problem.

where where where?
Mine was in the very front right in the engine bay (looking from the front of the vehicle) and next to the washer fluid in a clear looking container, pretty small top opening. Filled mine with the car off and no issues. Not sure if I did it "right" but it filled up and is working....
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.